PDA

View Full Version : Accckkk! Power cords!

catnapper
04-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Hubby ran over the phone charger with the vaccuum last week (side note: new vacuum has some serious power!) We both have the same phone so it was an easy replacement as we share the same charger.

BUT it got me motivated to get all the power cord in the house rounded up into one location. Am I the only one who has over a dozen random power cords.... and I have no idea what they belong to. :eek:

Ok, one or two belong to a random camera or old cell phone; but the others? A battery charger we no longer have? An old Walkman? What on earth are they from? I have "noses" of all different lengths, thickness, and shapes. I just know that if I throw them out the item they power will appear. :rolleyes:

moosmom
04-26-2011, 08:12 AM
I have the same problem, Kim. Everytime I change my cellphone, I get a new charger, depending on the model. I have TONS of chargers for all KINDS of cellphones. When I sold my Motorola Razr that I upgraded, they didn't want the charger saying they give out new ones to avoid fire liability.

I just keep them in a drawer. Sooner or later I'll probably use one.

Freedom
04-26-2011, 09:06 AM
I have 8 in a drawer, not a clue what they go to.

Cataholic
04-26-2011, 09:12 AM
I keep them all in a box, and get annoyed with myself every time I go through there looking for my camera cord. Which one is it? Guess where I throw it when I am done uploading pics? Back into the box. :o

gini
04-26-2011, 10:01 AM
After going through this and getting so angry with myself because I couldn't find my camera charger - I got them all sorted out and put each one individually into a ziplock bag and labeled the bag.

Now I just have to remember to "put it back" into the bag where it belongs when I am done.

Cataholic
04-26-2011, 10:47 AM
@Gini- and that is why you continue to inspire me! :D

sasvermont
04-26-2011, 01:41 PM
I have a basket of wire, charges, pieces of things, printer cartridges, cables, you name it. When I die, someone will toss them all out and that will be it. Maybe they will like the basket and save it.:eek:

gini
04-26-2011, 02:59 PM
I already had a drawer filled with that stuff - and now my brother lives here too - and I have a drawer filled with stuff that I can't even close properly - I don't know what half of it is for - but you never know - we
might need it someday. My Dad was exactly the same and he always had just the right "thingy" on hand to do the job. So I just shutup and hope that will work for us too.