PDA

View Full Version : ANZAC Day...........

wombat2u2004
04-25-2011, 04:18 AM
Oh boy, what a day.
I was up at 4am and off to the Dawn Service and march, then to the local club where it was beer and breakfast :D:D
Then I had to run around town and drop in on my 5 war widows and give them an Easter Egg each.
Then at 10.30 am I lined up with the other marchers for the main ANZAC march.....and then out of the blue a couple of photographers from the two local newspapers insisted on taking a couple of photos of myself and a couple of mates....so if I make it to the front page, I'll post a pic or two here from the newspaper.
Then we had to all march thru town and ended up at the local park for the main service. On the way, a guy from the local TV station jumps in front of me and takes a long vid. Yep, and it was on the TV 6pm news. (Ahh, I'm just so magnetic sometimes :p ). Then back to the club for a beer and lunch.
And then I spent the afternoon with my mates, and just got home now, 7pm.
And no, I'm not drunk. Well....maybe just a little :eek::eek:
It was a good day.
Now that I'm famous.....do you all still love me ??? :D

wombat2u2004
04-25-2011, 06:14 AM
I'm looking for the news video, and found this news site along the way. Pic of me is the first pic on the site of the days celebrations.

That's me on the right (with the beard)....with my Artillery beret on. My mate Geoff is the dorky guy on the left.....he was an Army Engineer.
The old guy sitting on his moped is my old mate Fred, he was in the US Navy in the pacific during WW2, and was a Navy Seal. He was from Oregon originally, and met Anne in Australia. Anne was in the Aussie Air Force during WW2, they got married, and he has been here ever since.

http://www.macleayargus.com.au/multimedia/22850/233862/anzac-day-commemorations-in-armidale.aspx?Start=0&page=1

wombat2u2004
04-25-2011, 06:21 AM
HAH !!! I'm all over the net. :p

http://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/news/local/news/general/anzac-day-in-armidale/2143578.aspx

phesina
04-25-2011, 08:24 AM
WOW! Now that you are a Celebrity and Media Star, will you still associate with us Little People?

wombat2u2004
04-25-2011, 08:32 AM
WOW! Now that you are a Celebrity and Media Star, will you still associate with us Little People?

I'm not sure. I'll have to see what my agent says :p:p

Karen
04-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Fun, thanks for sharing, and that's a good picture!

Catty1
04-25-2011, 10:57 AM
The thought of you going viral brings up all kinds of connotations....:p

Lilith Cherry
04-25-2011, 10:59 AM
You all look so handsome in your uniforms! Glad you had a good day and thanks to all of you!:D

Bengalz
04-25-2011, 11:16 AM
With a smile like that you could charm anyone:D:D Enjoy your fame Wom, it doesn't come easy;)

smokey the elder
04-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Wom, thank you and all your friends for their service. I might not agree with your politics or other views, but military service IMO transcends all of these.

cassiesmom
04-25-2011, 02:25 PM
I have to admit that I didn't know what ANZAC Day is. I had to search it on the Web. I should have known this from doing my clinical rotations at the V.A. hospital. They take such days very seriously.

Is it okay for me to say "I knew you when"? :)

A most important day.

Edited to add: I can't open the pictures. Grrrr. I will try from another computer later today.

lvpets2002
04-25-2011, 04:19 PM
:eek: WoW Wom Beer & Breakfast together.. Ummff so that is what is wrong with you..

Anyways good job there Mate.. Such a Very Busy Mate..

wombat2u2004
04-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Thanks all, it was a good day.
I'm glad I could share it with you all. ;)