PDA

View Full Version : Holiday

Marigold2
04-23-2011, 09:01 AM
I can't decide where to go on holiday. A friend told me to always cross an ocean, what great advice.
Her sister lives in Denmark and I have been invited to visit.
Wanting to go back to England. And visit someone there. Loved England.
But then I am thinking go somewhere different, somewhere totally different like Russia or Iceland.
Could go to Germany have relatives and friends there.
Could go down under and torture Wom.
Or maybe Montreal? For a bit of culture not that far away or expensive.
I have friends in Florida but I don't like the heat, Disney does sound like fun however and my friend has been begging me to come and visit for years now.
Love Seattle but have been there several times.
I have pretty much seen all the US I want to see except for parts of New England. But why do New England when one can do England?
Oh heck I don't know. Was going to go in May but it is probably too late now and the summer months are too busy with tourits.
What to do what to do what to do?
My heart says England. The problem is I won't want to return to the states once I am there.

Karen
04-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Visit England in early summer, check when the palaces, etc., will be open for public visits - it's only a certain number of weeks. We have been, and it's not too crowded with tourists, and there's plenty of history to see. We were basically in London for a week, and didn't see every museum we wanted to!

wombat2u2004
04-23-2011, 03:21 PM
What about a South Sea Island cruise. They are really great.

Marigold2
04-23-2011, 06:57 PM
My arms would get so tired from rowing.

Marigold2
04-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I could spend years there. That is part of the problem, I honesty don't think I would want to return.

Visit England in early summer, check when the palaces, etc., will be open for public visits - it's only a certain number of weeks. We have been, and it's not too crowded with tourists, and there's plenty of history to see. We were basically in London for a week, and didn't see every museum we wanted to!

Karen
04-23-2011, 08:39 PM
But you know you'd miss your family here in the states! The trick is to make a plan to do and see a whole lot, so at the end you are ready for a nice restful plane ride back home!

Marigold2
04-23-2011, 11:27 PM
I have taught my kids to be very independent. Slacker has been out of the house and in the Navy since he was 19 and he is 33 now. Number two has lived out of state for about 8 years. Daughter has moved out and is talking about moving to California. She just got hired for another movie role, small part but still wonderful. My favorite niece is in CT, another niece is in TN. My brother and his wife are thinking of moving there as well. Steve's oldest sister is in WV the other one is in MD.
Our family is all over and still close.
We are not the type to stay in one small corner of the world all our lives. We travel and explore and move about. So much to see and do, learn and grow. Slacker wants to head back to the West Coast. Third son and wife are hoping to move to SC after the baby is born.
So where will I go? Where ever I want. And if they miss me they can drive or hop on a plane, it's just what we always do.

wombat2u2004
04-24-2011, 02:34 AM
I'd like to go to Alaska.
And date Sarah Palin :p

cassiesmom
04-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Go with what your heart tells you.

Medusa
04-25-2011, 07:19 AM
When the boy and I went to England last year, we went in early June and had a blast. I understand not wanting to return home, though, except I'd miss my Fur Posse and they need me. How about Barcelona, Spain? That's one of my future destinations? I've talked to several people and they all say how beautiful it is except that it's hot in the summer. Maybe wait til September to go according to my travel agent.

cassiesmom
04-25-2011, 12:38 PM
I'd like to go to Alaska.

Me too. And I would love to visit Australia some day. I would like to go to Ottawa and see the Canadian capital buildings, and I'd like to go back to Washington DC again, see the newest memorials and monuments and go to the National Air and Space Museum.