PDA

View Full Version : Lady Boo's Vet Visit

Laura's Babies
04-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Ok, she finished her round of antibiotics and I have watched the bumps on her neck and how she is acting with that ear. Last night the size of the bump under her ear was noticeably larger and her behavior has been showing me that that ear is bothering her even more so I took her in today, requesting to see Dr. Lance himself.. That is a tumor in her ear that she keeps scratching and looking at samples that she has tore off of it herself show it is benign. He took some of the fluid from the bump under the skin under the ear and that shows benign also. He said we need to get that one in her ear out just because of how she is ripping it up scratching it and I agreed and he wanted to just watch the one under her ear.

I told him the problem with that was I am afraid whatever it is, it is fast growing, that when I first noticed it, it was only ONE BB sized one and I watched it close, three weeks later, there was a long line of them.. He looked at the paperwork from when I was there before and looked stunned.. He said in the 10 or so days since the first time I had her in, it has grown from a BB sized one to about the size of the pinky finger and YES, that was TO fast growing and that needed to come out too or before long or she'd have a growth hanging off the side of her head!

That one will be a lot more involved, more nerves and things surrounding it that will make it more tricky..The tumor in the ear is simple to remove and should be nothing to it. I don't know how I will handle this emotionally as you all know what she means to me. She is scheduled for Surgery May 3.

Please keep her in your prayers!

krazyaboutkatz
04-21-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm glad that you took her back to the vet. I hope that her surgery goes well and that it's successful. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Taz_Zoee
04-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Will definitely keep you and Ms Boo in my thoughts. So scary, but it must be done.

HUGS!!

katladyd
04-21-2011, 12:18 PM
I will be sending up prayers for dear Boo on May 3. I hope everything comes out okay for this precious baby.:love:

Karen
04-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Awww, Laura, she will be in our prayers, poor kitty!

phesina
04-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Many prayers and good wishes and healing energies for Lady Boo and for you too, Laura. May the surgery go well, and may she recover comfortably from it.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
04-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Can't tell you how worried I am..... but you all know if you have been there yourself. Her age is what worries me..

Grace
04-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Prayers and hugs for all of you - for as long as necessary :love:

Medusa
04-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Try not to worry too much about her age, Laura. (I know, easier said than done.) My Pidge was 20 when she was put under and she did just fine. Plus you have PT prayer power on your side. Keep the faythe, girlfriend. :love: (((HUGS))) for you and gentle chin scritchies to Kitty Boo.

gini
04-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Laura many prayers will be offered for Boo and you as well.

mrspunkysmom
04-21-2011, 04:32 PM
My prayers for you and Boo.

cassiesmom
04-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Prayers for Kitty Boo and meowmie!

Freedom
04-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Prayers from RI!

Scooter's Mom
04-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Sending prayers from Arizona, too. You will both be in my thoughts.

3Catcondo
04-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Will be praying for you both and for a speedy recovery for Lady Boo. :love:

Amy

chocolatepuppy
04-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Many prayers for Lady Boo and {hugs} to you Laura.

kitten645
04-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Lady Boo has already had a miraculous transformation since she came to you. Surely this will be easier since it's physical and not in her mind! I just KNOW she will be fine. Your mom and Phred are looking over her. Hugs to you both.

cassiesmom
04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Kitty Boo and Laura, I hope you both are having a good day today!

Laura's Babies
04-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Boo has become a clinging vine ever since we went to the vet that day. She is always in my lap now and that tumor in her ear don't seem to be bothering her as much as it was. She isn't digging in that ear nearly as much as she was and when I do see her doing it, I tell her not to do that and put my hand there to stop her and I swear she understands. She also isn't howling as much as she was either... Is that that she realizes now that I know there is something wrong and is trusting me to fix it? She just wants to stay in my lap all the time now and it don't matter if another one is laying close by anymore.. Her surgery is next week and I know I am going to be a basket case as that time draws nearer...

Me? We too, have been having storms but nothing like what the rest of the country has been having and I have been praying for all those in the heartland who have been hit so hard.. We just been having thunderstorms but that's all it has taken to mess with my inner ear so I have been a bit "Off" for the last several days.. I saw the nurse practitioner yesterday and she finally admitted that this light sensitivity thing I have is one of my "triggers" and there is nothing I can do or take to make that any better except to limit my exposure to the lights that bother me... It is just another migraine trigger to add to the list.. I did NOT want to hear that... There is NO WHERE you can go that don't have florescent lighting and I have timed it, anything longer than a hour and I have a headache.. (that includes computers also) :(

phesina
04-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Oh, Lady Boo and Laura, hang in there.. Prayers that all goes well with Boo's surgery and that some relief can be found for your migraines.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and purrs to you both,
Pat and cats

Laura's Babies
05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Took Boo down and dropped her off for her surgery this morning and the vet called me awhile ago. Blood work showed her kidneys are off, not a whole lot but at her age he didn't want to risk any unforseen problems so he wants her to go on a special diet for 2 weeks and we recheck her kidney levels again and if normal we reschedule her surgery..

Medusa
05-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Oh boy. Well, your vet sounds like a good one, not one to take chances, so we'll keep the prayers going that the diet works and you can go ahead w/Boo's surgery. :)

kuhio98
05-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Laura ~ Don't know how I missed this thread.
You guys are in my prayers. Hoping that everything goes well today.

Boo has had an amazing turnaround. I've got to believe when the pet communicator explained to her that you had the same "mother" that did the trick. She understood that you were both grieving the loss of the same lovely woman.

Catty1
05-03-2011, 05:27 PM
It will be hard to wait the two weeks, but bless your vet for wanting to be on the safe side. {{{hugs}}} to you and Lady Boo.:love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-04-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm sorry to hear that she has kidney problems:( but I'm glad that you have such a caring vet that wants her to be safe for surgery.:) I hope she'll like and do well on her new diet. Good luck.:)

mrspunkysmom
05-04-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Boo is having kidney issues. I pray that she improves.

lvpets2002
05-05-2011, 12:39 PM
:( WoW I just totally missed this thread.. I sure hope Boo's diet works & the surgery can be done.. Sending lots of Pawsitive Vibes & Prayers..

phesina
05-05-2011, 12:52 PM
More prayers for dear Lady Boo that the diet will help and she will be able to have the surgery soon.

Love and {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ from us,
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: