PDA

View Full Version : Puppy misses playmate

freckledimple
04-20-2011, 09:28 PM
We frequently visit with my sister; either at her house, or ours. We have a little ShiChi- Abby, and my sister has a Papillon- Angel. The girls are both around 5 months old. We introduced them to each other a couple weeks ago, and the have been kind of standoff-ish until today. Today, they started actually "playing" together. They were playing tug with a toy, chasing each other and wrestling. Now, we have Abby at our home, and Angel is at hers; and they are both depressed. Abby is curled in her crate and won't come out; and my sister informs me that Angel keeps picking up her toys, whining, barking, and pacing. Is there anything we can do to ease their time apart? I really don't want to have to move in with my sister, lol;)

Freedom
04-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Is there anything we can do to ease their time apart? I really don't want to have to move in with my sister, lol;)

Well, let's see. You eliminated the easy one - letting them live together lol.

Get each of them a playmate?

Spend lots of time playing with them yourselves?

Schedule LOTS of playdates! :cool:

Now when do we get to see photos of these 2 sweeties???

sasvermont
04-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Do you have any dog parks nearby? That'll cure you pups. They will come home exhausted and wanting private time.

You may want to try to teach the pups a slew of tricks ..... a few new toys.

That's all I have to offer. The problem sounds so cute though. Awwww. They miss their buddies.

Also, I take my dog to a day care once a week, so that she stays socialized and tired. It works.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Karen
05-21-2011, 01:09 PM
How's it going now? Any updates?

freckledimple
05-27-2011, 09:14 AM
They have figured out that they get to see each other occasionally ;) Plus, we (the mommies) trade out babysitting duties. They now enjoy their playdates together:D

Karen
05-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Excellent, thanks for letting us know! Any playdate pictures? ;)