PDA

View Full Version : Meet my mice

jenluckenbach
11-03-2002, 06:39 AM
Since I do not have any proper photoes of my mice I thought I'd take this opportunity to tell you about them. There are 17, so I'll try to condense as much as possible.

Dickens: chocolate male He's the one that started it all.
Bill: long hair fawn brindle male
Michael: satin silvered male

Martha Stewart: long haired grey brindle female
Penny: copper satin female
Raven: black female (she's got grey hairs though)
Betty White: white female
Vanna White: satin white female
Donna: satin dark chocolate/tan female (black on top/tan on underside)
Megan: long hair satin blue/tan female
Marilyn: long hair light chocolate/tan female
Kristin: long hair champagne & white/tan female
Jaye: black with a white tip on tail female
Kaye: black with half of a tail (tailess gene causes half tails) female
Sarah: chocolate and white female
Heather: rex dove female (rex is a tight curl to the coat)
Goldie: golden female

Thank you for meeting my mousies!

Vermontcat
11-03-2002, 07:18 AM
Aww, come on Jen not even one little photo of the mousies?:(
Well, I love the names anyway, they must have some great personalities to go with them. I'm not surprised that Martha Stewart has grey hair(fur).;)

mugsy
11-04-2002, 10:56 AM
C'mon Jen...we want pictures. Poor Martha Stewart...I sure hope she's not going to be going where the OTHER Martha Stewart may be going! hehehe

Thanks for sharing!!!!

luckies4me
11-04-2002, 11:02 AM
Cute! I breed rats and now have tons of tailess dumbos!! I love tailess, they are just so cute. Tailess rat does cannot be bred, is it the same with mice does?

jenluckenbach
11-04-2002, 12:19 PM
I am fairly sure that you can breed the tailess female mice. The guy who I got some of the mice from loves tailess and tends to keep them to breed to get more tailess. That is where the half tails come from. 1 tailess gene and 1 tailed gene. Now I must be honest and say that I have not SEEN tailess, but I really LOVE tails, so I think I would not like tham as much. I love when their tail wraps around your finger. (I also love cat tails. Wouldn't prefer Manx cats).