PDA

View Full Version : Meet Finny!

Lilith Cherry
04-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Finny has come to be our foster dog and keep Ben company... he is fitting in so well it is hilarious! This little shih tzu lived for seven years in a cage at a puppy mill :mad: However since our rescue got him he has learned to be a real dog and loves to cuddle, play and sleep on the bed with us! Poor guy had very bad teeth which have since been extracted and so eats his kibble moistened these days but enjoys it very much along with soft treats. Ben gets the crunchies , Finny gets the softies lol! We will be having another adoption day on the 30th so wish him luck!

K9karen
04-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Awww! Finny is a cutie! Thanks for saving and fostering him! Glad he fits right in and enjoying the good life, which he deserves! Hope he gets adopted soon. He'll make someone very happy!

cassiesmom
04-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Welcome, Finny! It sounds like you 've had the beginning of a whole new life :) with all kinds of happy and fun times! I agree with K9Karen, you will make someone very happy!

chocolatepuppy
04-20-2011, 04:36 AM
Finny is adorable!!!:love: Bless you for fostering!:)

Freedom
04-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Finny is a lucky boy, and it sounds like he knows it, enjoying the good life which has FINALLY come his way!

He is a cutie, I think he will be adopted quickly.

lizbud
04-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Finney looks very comfortable in your house. He is almost as cute as Ben.:love: Almost. LOL I wish him luck and a great home in the future.:)

pomtzu
04-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Lucky Finny to have such a great foster home, and a buddy to play with too. Maybe he'll be a permanent foster??? - like all of Freedom's Fluffs?? ;)

NicoleLJ
04-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Awww what a cutie. I miss fostering so much. Watching the progression of them learning what being a dog really should be like, watching their confidence build and so on. You are doing a wonderful thing. What a lucky pup.

Roxyluvsme13
04-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Lucky Finny to have such a great foster home, and a buddy to play with too. Maybe he'll be a permanent foster??? - like all of Freedom's Fluffs?? ;)
I second this suggestion!

What a cutie he is. Glad he's with you now and out of that awful place.

Karen
04-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Awww, what a cutie! Thanks goodness he was rescued!

Lilith Cherry
04-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks everyone ! Both Finny and Ben are doing well and enjoying each other's company! I may be getting Precious (the 14 yr old miniature poodle) back again in a few days as well. We had her for a couple of weeks and then the rescue thought they had found her a home; sad to say it did not work out as she is rather incontinent and may be diabetic. We are happy to have her as she is lovely and snuggly and quite a character so she would be welcome to stay as long as she needs ( as will Finny!) which may be the rest of her life. She was abandoned in the middle of the Montreal winter and found hiding under a truck poor baby!:( This a picture of her a couple of weeks ago!

We will almost certainly fail a few times at this foster business as my husband is an even bigger softie than I am LOL!:p

cassiesmom
04-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Big prayers that everything will come out right for both Precious and Finny, whether th ey stay with Lilith Cherry or go to another forever home :love: :love:

And big prayers of thanks for sweet Ben and Napoleon too! :love: :love:

cassiesmom
04-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Lilith Cherry, how is Finny doing? How are Ben and Napoleon? What is happening for Precious?

(waving) Hi, Finny and hi, Ben and Napoleon! :)

Lilith Cherry
04-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi Elyse! Precious has been adopted by two very loving older ladies and has settled in to the good life in their home very well:D We are so happy for her!

Ben and Finny and Napoleon have all become the best of friends, curling up together to nap, playing with toys and enjoying their treats - it has been lovely to watch Finny become so playful and happy and he fits in very well with our family. We are taking both dogs to the adoption event tomorrow although only Finny will be wearing his "Adopt me" bandanna. There will be several dogs there from our rescue (Kikodogs) so wish us luck getting some adopted! I have a feeling though , that if anyone applies for Finny my husband may pip them at the post, lol; Finny has attached himself to John like superglue:p)

I will update again as soon as I have news about the dogs.

lizbud
04-29-2011, 04:39 PM
So glad to hear that Precious has a new forever home.:) Wonderful news.:)

I hope the adoption event goes well also.

Karen
04-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Good luck tomorrow for all the dogs hoping for forever homes!

Freedom
04-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Aw, that is good news for Precious! At 14, she doesn't want to keep bouncing around -- not that it is good for any dog, at any age, but like us, the oldies find change more difficult.

Good luck at adoption day!