PDA

View Full Version : Open Open Open #425

gini
04-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Well, I would open the bar for you today, but I am afraid that either Wom or LH or Richard have walked off with the keys. I guess it could have been the Orc too. At any rate, I can't do a thing until they get here with a key.

What's that..................? There's motion inside the bar..........it looks like a ghost floating around..............oh good grief, it is the Orc!!!
And he/she is totally ignoring me pound on the door. And all of the doors are locked.

Help!!!

Karen
04-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Well, thankfully, one of my perks as Mayor is a key to the place. I'll unlock the door, but you can be the first one in, I'll wait out here!

gini
04-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Karen, phew, thanks! I had to leave to open the office, but now I am here to see what is going on.

I am tip toeing into the bar because the Orc is acting strangely. Oh, I get it, he has taken the white sheets off the bed and is drifting around, swing from one rafter to another looking just like a ghost.

So today our Drink of the Day will be Frosted Ghost! Anyone have any ideas of what is in it?

I am off to make some breakfast - scones, clotted cream, jam mmmm,
I am hungry!!

Karen
04-14-2011, 11:25 AM
A quick Google revealed:

Ghost

1 1/2 oz. Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka
1/4 oz. Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
1/4 oz. Half-and-Half
1/4 oz. Simple Syrup
1/4 oz. Shavings of White Chocolate
Fill shaker with ice. Add Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, half-and-half, and simple syrup. Shake. Strain into chilled martini glass rimmed with white chocolate
Garnish with white chocolate shavings

I guess if you top it with white frosting , it'd be a Frosted Ghost?

lvpets2002
04-14-2011, 11:26 AM
:) Well I told the Orc to be Adventuress.. And I see he was.. But Orc you needed to open the door for us.. Lets see Ghost Drink will have fog coming off the glassess.. Lets mix in some Blue Punch with a Shot of anyones choice.. I will get some snacks together.. Orc could you put some tables & chairs outside under the shade trees please.. Yes we can use your White Ghost Sheet as a table cloth..

wombat2u2004
04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Ah, good to be back.
Thankyou for opening the bar, girls.
Look, I've brought a box of bagels...picked them up this morning from Penn Station....best bagels you ever tasted. There's sesame, cream cheese and pimento....yummy.....who wants some ???
Yep.....I'll have a ghosty thingy drink....I'll try anything once. :D:D

wombat2u2004
04-14-2011, 11:41 AM
OMG Orc....what have you done ??? You've ruined that sheet. Cutting a hole in it so you can look out with your eye is NOT good !!!!
I oughta poke you right in that eye....ohhhhhhhh....he bit me.

Pinot's Mom
04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Sesame bagels? Love 'em! Could I get one toasted with cream cheese, please? Since it's after noon, I'll have a ghost drink, too - thanks!

Gini-thanks for being so brave!!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-14-2011, 12:26 PM
I wonder if a certain monkey spirit has paid Orc a visit and put ideas into his head. ;) He certainly seems to have taken some Mario lessons from somewhere.

I'd love a bagel and green tea. 6 catnip teas too please. It's Chip and Chuck's first birthday so they deserve a treat. :D

Queen of Poop
04-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Peeks head in door, whispers is it safe to come in???

I need a hot chocolate please. I'm chilly and wet. We got a dump of snow overnight (about 8 inches). Heavy, wet snow, makes walking tough. So tired of winter.

smokey the elder
04-14-2011, 02:07 PM
That drink sounds good! I'll have one, please. (I'll need to make some in the real world; I have all the fixin's.)

Karen
04-14-2011, 02:12 PM
QoP, I'll make some hot chocolate for you, and add marshmallows and a touch of something extra to keep you good and warm, okay? Sorry you got more snow, we have daffodils and vinca blossoming here!

Queen of Poop
04-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Mmmmm, thanks Karen, that hot chocolate totally hits the spot. I have to say though I'll take the snow over daffodils, I'm very, very allergic to them.

Karen
04-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Mmmmm, thanks Karen, that hot chocolate totally hits the spot. I have to say though I'll take the snow over daffodils, I'm very, very allergic to them.

They don't bother me, thankfully, of the spring blooms it's hyacinth that I cannot be anywhere near, so I didn't plant any of those!

cassiesmom
04-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh, good, Thursdays door is open and the lights are on! I brought some dunking cookies from Trader Joe's. May I have coffee, please?

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Can I get a DOTD please? That sounds really good and why does Orc have a sheet over his head? LOK is riding the tail of it like a sled. Hold on LOK! Make sure you steer away from the bar stools.

lvpets2002
04-14-2011, 04:10 PM
:eek: Orc stop it.. Nobody said you could Dunk the Flowers in the Hot Chocolate.. Gosh whats we going to do with you Orc.. :D

gini
04-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Karen - you did good honeybun:D Ha Ha - what a great drink - and perfect with little Orcy's sheet. (little brat!).

I don't know what to eat first - I love bagels with cream cheese - just toasted lightly......yum........but then those dunker cookies are to die for from Trader Joe's. They have the best little cookies too - the pecan cookies are my favorite. I will bring some next time.

I think I will just have a late afternoon tea and a bagel for now.............

Thanks everyone for pitching in - you just never know what you are going to find around here - but leaving the Orc alone in the bar isn't the best idea. Boy when sweet Mario was here - he sure could make a mess too.

Ah the fun of it all...................

QoP - you have snow???? That's disgusting!

Queen of Poop
04-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Not only do we have snow, we are supposed to continue to see snow fall till TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Wipes up hot chocolate flower mess!!

Orc, wanna go play in the snow? It's heavy and wet, perfect for snowballs or snowman making.

Karen
04-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Wow, so glad your forecast is not ours - and so are thousands of others, as Monday is the Boston Marathon, and while it has been run in snow, or sleet, or rain in the past, it's not exactly anyone's preferred conditions!

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-15-2011, 11:15 AM
I love going into Hopkinton for the start of the Boston Marathon. A good friend of mine's mom lives right near the start line. She always used to have juice and stuff for the runners at her house and let them hang around in her yard until the start of the race. It was a lot of fun going there as a kid. I think I'll have a bagel and cream cheese if there is any left.

Lady's Human
04-15-2011, 11:31 AM
I would have opened the bar, but I've been on my knees for two days.

Can I get five or six DOTDs?

All at once?

My muscles need some relaxant.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Did someone say Hot chocolate? I'm in!!! We had storms last night and more on the way today. It's windy and in the 40s and going to be near freezing tonight. Plus I have a tiny sore throat. Sounds like hot chocolate weather to me. :love:

Lady's Human
04-15-2011, 02:44 PM
One Large hot cholocolate for MOFF!

And 6 or 7 more DOTDs for me, I finished the tile job I was working on, and one tile is rotated about 1/32" out of square. :mad:

I will be the only one who ever notices, but that's not the point.

Queen of Poop
04-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Sorry about the mishap with your tiles. Will you redo the job or proceed to finish?

I'll take another hot chocolate please. Not snowing, yet, but it's 0oC (32oF), with a -4oC (24.8oF) windchill.

I've got a freshly filled bowl of Easter EGGS here in my office, anyone need a chocolate egg fix?

Lady's Human
04-15-2011, 02:59 PM
It was finished when I noticed the tile ever so slightly off of square.

And LOH is :rolleyes: at me for STILL being irritated. It's a huge improvement over the 50 year old faded linoleum that was there, and again, no one will ever notice but me, but it's my job and I'll be annoyed if I want to be!

Karen
04-15-2011, 03:04 PM

And LOH is :rolleyes: at me for STILL being irritated. It's a huge improvement over the 50 year old faded linoleum that was there, and again, no one will ever notice but me, but it's my job and I'll be annoyed if I want to be!

But, just think of it as the one imperfection that it put in to prove it is done by a human being!

Lady's Human
04-15-2011, 03:07 PM
But, just think of it as the one imperfection that it put in to prove it is done by a human being!

It wasn't done by a human, it was done by me!:p

wombat2u2004
04-15-2011, 03:55 PM

And do you know what ???? Every time you walk into that room you will remember that out of whack tile....hee hee

Lady's Human
04-15-2011, 03:57 PM
And do you know what ???? Every time you walk into that room you will remember that out of whack tile....hee hee

FINALLY!

Someone who understands!

wombat2u2004
04-16-2011, 01:04 AM
FINALLY!

Someone who understands!

Ya got two options mate......rip it up and do it again, or throw a mat over it. ;)

Pinot's Mom
04-16-2011, 06:30 AM
I'd go for the mat option. ;)

GOOD MORNING, Y'ALL! Bagels and coffee on the bar, help yourselves. ORC! The cream cheese is for the BAGELS! Stop that!:rolleyes:

gini
04-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Now where is this tile that is out of place? I have been standing here for 15 minutes and I still can't find it. I think LH has had too many drinks.

Saturday - chores - just stopped by to drop off some sandwiches for lunch and some cold beer.

Lady's Human
04-16-2011, 01:45 PM
The out of place tile is in the entry to our dining room. I promised the mayor pics of the completed remodel, maybe I'll post them in here.

I had the drinks AFTER I did the tiles, honest!

Queen of Poop
04-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Could I try the drink of the day please? Need something to get over the fact that it is snowing, expecting 20 more cm between now and Monday. Kitties appear to have the solution, sleep!

Karen
04-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Oh, Gail, I'll mix you one, as long as I don't have to taste it! ;) I'll stick to me tea, I have a wonderful Vanilla Chai, perfect for a day like today, where it looked nice and bright and sunny out, but was only in the 40's (F) with a cold wind. Finally, after dark, the rain started, and it is supposed to be warmer tomorrow. Sunday is the Youth Road Race that is 1 mile up Heartbreak Hill, so I hope the rain has stopped for that! Monday is the Boston Marathon, and it is supposed to be cool but dry for that - perfect running weather I am told.

wombat2u2004
04-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Now where is this tile that is out of place? I have been standing here for 15 minutes and I still can't find it. I think LH has had too many drinks.

Actually all of the tiles are out of whack....except one....that's the one you need to find :D:D

wombat2u2004
04-17-2011, 12:02 AM
The out of place tile is in the entry to our dining room. I promised the mayor pics of the completed remodel, maybe I'll post them in here.

I had the drinks AFTER I did the tiles, honest!

Don't worry LH, it's all under control.
I just went over and fixed it for you. ;)

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/bad_tile.jpg

Queen of Poop
04-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Well, Merry Easter all. Anyone want tea? It continues to snow and it is really piling up. It's -5oC now with a -10oC windchill and it's going down to -12oC tonight. Really, where did that Easter Bunny hide Spring? Oh well, a cup of hot tea will hit the spot!

Karen
04-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Just Palm Sunday here, Easter is a week away, but this year, maybe the tulips at the church will actually be blossoming on Easter - Easter's so late that it may work out, as loads of daffodils were blossoming today, and it was much warmer today, and sunny - and they all got drenched in a storm last night!

Happy Sunday, everyone, no matter what you celebrate! I'll make iced tea, and some hot tea, if anyone wants some!

RICHARD
04-17-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm not actually Richard, I'm his KY connection. I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but Richard was admitted to the hospital yesterday and had surgery on his foot today and probably has lost all the toes on his left foot. I don't know if he mentioned that he had injured his foot while clearing out his mom's house, that was about a month ago. He thought he could treat it himself and somehow managed to get here from Cali w/a majorly infected foot. It took me 4 days to talk him into seeing a doctor. The good news is they managed to save most of the foot and w/some heavy duty antibiotics the infection should be eradicated.

He definitely hasn't lost his sense of humor. There's not a female that he's not flirted w/ and not a male who hasn't walked away from him w/ a smile on his face.

pomtzu
04-17-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm not actually Richard, I'm his KY connection. I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but Richard was admitted to the hospital yesterday and had surgery on his foot today and probably has lost all the toes on his left foot. I don't know if he mentioned that he had injured his foot while clearing out his mom's house, that was about a month ago. He thought he could treat it himself and somehow managed to get here from Cali w/a majorly infected foot. It took me 4 days to talk him into seeing a doctor. The good news is they managed to save most of the foot and w/some heavy duty antibiotics the infection should be eradicated.

He definitely hasn't lost his sense of humor. There's not a female that he's not flirted w/ and not a male who hasn't walked away from him w/ a smile on his face.

OMG - what a terrible thing to happen. Learning to walk again without toes will be a major challenge, but I'm sure he will persevere - but why are men so darned stubborn to begin with?? :( Please tell him that I was asking for him, and I'm sending prayers out for a speedy recovery.

Catty1
04-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Prayers and good thoughts to RICHARD! Where is the Edster, his cat??? Thanks for informing us about this.

wombat2u2004
04-17-2011, 10:46 PM
OMG......poor Richard......tell him Wom wishes him well and to get better soon......and to leave those nurses alone ;)

Karen
04-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Oh, ouch! Richard, you need to take better care of YOU! Who will spoil the Edster if you do not?

slick
04-18-2011, 01:25 AM
Well, Merry Easter all. Anyone want tea? It continues to snow and it is really piling up. It's -5oC now with a -10oC windchill and it's going down to -12oC tonight. Really, where did that Easter Bunny hide Spring? Oh well, a cup of hot tea will hit the spot! QOP, I was just watching the 11pm news and it showed all the snow you have there. OMDog, I can't believe the weather you've been having.

Hey barkeep, I thing QOP needs a special chair beside the fire to warm her tootsies.
Richard was admitted to the hospital yesterday and had surgery on his foot today and probably has lost all the toes on his left foot. Richard.....:love::love::love::(:love: Are you still in hospital??? Do you have internet there??? Where can I call you???:eek::love:

Medusa
04-18-2011, 07:17 AM
I should check this thread more often, I guess. I'm sorry to read about Richard and his surgery. Major prayers are going up for him and Edster. Who is taking care of Ed?

RICHARD
04-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Prayers and good thoughts to RICHARD! Where is the Edster, his cat??? Thanks for informing us about this.

The Edster is fine and living in the Master Bedroom. I have to keep the door closed because my dog Tucker hasn't yet figured out he is going to have to share.

Just came from the hospital and things seem to be going well. They want to keep him for a few more days to make sure the infection is completely gone.

I'll be sure to pass along all your good wishes when I go back this afternoon.

Lady's Human
04-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Good wishes and a promise to kick his butt when he gets out of the hospital.

BTW, you could get your own PT account......sounds like you meet the requrements, being a human servant to a fuzzball. :p

gini
04-18-2011, 11:43 AM
The Edster is fine and living in the Master Bedroom. I have to keep the door closed because my dog Tucker hasn't yet figured out he is going to have to share.

Just came from the hospital and things seem to be going well. They want to keep him for a few more days to make sure the infection is completely gone.

I'll be sure to pass along all your good wishes when I go back this afternoon.

Special thanks to you for taking such good care of Richard and the Edster.
When you see him, please tell him how sorry I am that all of this has happened to him. I hope he will be on the mend and up and walking soon.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
OMG!!! Richard are we going to need to send orc to keep watch over you until you are better? He can wait on you when your friend isn't able to be there. Bet Orc would look cute in a nurses outfit!!! :love:

Thank you Richard's friend for letting us know about Richard and Edster.:love:

Queen of Poop
04-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks Slick, really need that warm up today. It was -12oC with a -17oC windchill this morning. Even tea didn't warm me up this morning after I got to work. We're currently still below zero at -2 with a -5 windchill. Will this winter EVER end??

Richard, hope you're feeling better and out of hospital very soon.

Karen
04-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Gayle, how about some warm cinnamon rice pudding? With or without raisins? That might do the trick! And another Drink of the Week!

Queen of Poop
04-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Gayle, how about some warm cinnamon rice pudding? With or without raisins? That might do the trick! And another Drink of the Week!

Sounds awesome Karen. Going to need some anti-freeze for the trek home after work today.

Karen
04-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Sounds awesome Karen. Going to need some anti-freeze for the trek home after work today.

Excellent, I'll serve some to you, and have some myself! Anyone else?

RICHARD
04-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Richard.....:love::love::love::(:love: Are you still in hospital??? Do you have internet there??? Where can I call you???:eek::love:

Just checking back before returning to the hospital, wanted to make sure I had printed out all your good wishes.

Richard does not have internet access, apparently hospitals frown on use of electronic devices. He does have a phone - the number is (502) 562-4907. It does ring directly to his room, but he shares it w/ a room-mate. We are on Eastern Daylight time, if that makes any difference.

Karen
04-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Read him the riot act, and tell him we are all praying for him, too! Dagnabbit, Richard, your toes are your friends, be nice to the ones you've still got, okay?

Pinot's Mom
04-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Richard, you get yourself better, y'hear? Prayers for a quick recovery. ....and "Richard's friend"....what should we call you?:) Thanks for keeping us posted!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Richard, you get yourself better, y'hear? Prayers for a quick recovery. ....and "Richard's friend"....what should we call you?:) Thanks for keeping us posted!

Yes, the friend of our friend is our friend too!!! :love:

We are in for more storms tonight and tomorrow so I'll grab a cherry rootbeer and head off for the night.

Prayers are on the way for you Richard. Don't forget that!!! Sounds like you have a very nice friend. :love:

RICHARD
04-18-2011, 08:55 PM

My mother named me Doris (and no not after Doris Day, after her favorite waitress at a diner in Baltimore).

Richard says, "To Every One, feeling fine, gonna get better soon. Thanks for all well wishes and will keep you posted."

I want to add my thanks to his. You can't know how much your support has meant to him. After all, he is in a strange town and only knows me and my dog. You've helped him not feel so alone.

Although he has cut quite the swath thru the nursing staff. Tonite, the nurse who checked him in on the floor Sat had to come by and make sure that I'm good enough for him. She's not his nurse tonite, but made a point of stopping by. She is also a parent of a white Maine Coon, so they have that in common.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Welcome Doris!!! So nice to meet you!!! Thank you for taking care of our Richard and Eddie and for keeping us updated about them. :love:

Tell Richard the prayers will continue and he best get better soon. We want you both here on Pet Talk should you care to join us. :love:

gini
04-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Now Richard, what are you trying to do? Fix the Edster up with a new little friend? Who is this Maine Coon - white like Eddie?

I am going to see if we can sneak one of the drinks of the week from Thursdays into your room. Hospitals aren't real keen on alcoholic drinks, but we will tell him our Ms. Karen made it - hee hee.

Richard you do know that you can try to slip out of California - but we followed you..............

Seriously (well at least for one moment) candles will be lighted for your improved healing and good health.

slick
04-19-2011, 07:50 PM
I just spoke with Richard. God it was good to hear his voice and he sounded very upbeat. "Things could be worse....."

In good 'ole Richard fashion, he's keeping the nurses entertained and I might add, he kept me entertained too. :D:D

Doris, you'd better come back here at least once a day to keep us updated and while you are at it, how about creating an account of your own and joining our lovely family. :love:

Get better Richard and know that we love you. :love::love::love:

So in honour of Richard, I'll take a nice cold beer. :)

RICHARD
04-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks for welcoming me. Just got back from the hospital and Richard was his usual upbeat self. He believes that he will be released on Fri. I have my fingers crossed. I'll keep you updated.

Doris

Karen
04-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks - Doris, you should register for your own account! Just log out, and hit register, and you'll be able to create an account, so that you don't have to keep saying who exactly you are!

Glas Richard is doing well. So did he lose all his toes on his left foot? Will they give him some sort of "shoe stuffing" to help him walk sans toes?

cassiesmom
04-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Richard was admitted to the hospital yesterday and had surgery on his foot today and probably has lost all the toes on his left foot.

(banging head on desk) Richard! Yikes! Please take good care!

wombat2u2004
04-21-2011, 03:59 AM
Hey Doris....you might have a bit of trouble getting Richard to leave the nurses and 3 square meals a day routine.....hee hee.
Tell him from Wombat, to get himself well. ;)

Bonny
04-21-2011, 07:01 AM
Hope you get to feeling better Richard. :)