PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Miles...please help!!

Megs
11-02-2002, 09:41 PM
Hi Everyone-- I need some help on some bunny stuff. Miles must have snagged one of his nails on something and well anyway, it is sticking straight up. He is also timied with it...he can hop just fine but when he is done, he licks it and kind of favors it. Is there anything we can do for him? Or do we just let it fall out naturally? I just don't like to see him hurt. Any help would be greatly appreciated! --Megs

Karen
11-02-2002, 10:39 PM
Yowch! Can you trim off everything up to the quick, would that help? Is it bleeding at all? Poor bunny!

Megs
11-02-2002, 10:48 PM
It's not bleeding but you can see that is had a little bit...I am afraid to even trim it because I don't want to hurt him. He has had this happen before to one of his nails and it just fell off and he was fine. But it just seems like this one is hurting him a little more. We are just watching him carefully...I just don't want it to get infected. Does anyone know if there is some sort of "human" ie Neosporin or something along those lines that would help protect against infection? Thanks for your advice Karen!

--Meg :(

Karen
11-02-2002, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't put anything on it - he's just gonna lick it off, anyway. Watch him carefully, but I bet he'll be okay in a day or so, and if not, then the vet'll be open!

Megs
11-03-2002, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to give an update on my Miles. He is doing much better today and his nail actually fell out a little bit ago, and he is back to his normal self! Thanks for all your help Karen....you put my mind at ease last night! Take care all! --Meg :D

Daisylover
11-04-2002, 12:42 PM
Just a very late note to your problem, Megs.

My vet recommends any triple-antibiotic ointment for injuries such as you described with the toenail. Unless your bunny got a hold of and ate the entire tube of ointment, and yuck!!! he would not do that , the over-the-counter triple antibiotics are perfectly safe....I think Neosporin is a triple antibiotic, I just usually buy the store brand.
;)

Megs
11-04-2002, 03:55 PM
Thanks for you help Daisy, I really appreciate it. I will put some Neosporin on it just to make sure it won't get infected! Thanks again! --Meg :D

Uabassoon
11-05-2002, 11:28 PM
I'm glad to hear that Daisy is doing better.

Megs
11-06-2002, 05:12 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes...he is just fine now! --Meg :D