PDA

View Full Version : please help! PA residents only....

Trinityagain
04-13-2011, 03:05 PM
http://capwiz.com/alleycat/issues/alert/?alertid=39462551&PROCESS=Take+Action&external_id=10519.0

The town I live in, Monessen, PA, has started a policy of trapping and destroying stray/feral cats. They hired a company that I was unable to locate anywhere on-line, nor had my local vet or humane society ever heard of. He has been placing traps without permission in the yards of residents and there was no notice at all given to the residents so they could keep their pets indoors. The trapped cats are being taken to a kill shelter and destroyed...not scanned...not held for any time...nothing....DESTROYED! Please help if you live in PA, or if you have friends/family in PA, please spread the word...the furrballs of Monessen thank you....

phesina
04-13-2011, 03:45 PM
That's horrible.

It's also ineffective. Trap/kill does NOT control feral cat colonies.

Freedom
04-13-2011, 03:56 PM
:eek: What Pat said!!

Freedom
04-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Notify the media, TV and newspaper, and post it on your FB page -- fastest way to get the word out!

Edit: I just put it on my FB page -- but I don't know anyone in Monessen, and only a few folks in PA.

maerlyn
04-13-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm in PA (I'm now ashamed to say) but no where near this town. It is unconscionable - but it's what happens when there's a 'good ol' boy' network; they do whatever they want with no one's leave.

krazyaboutkatz
04-14-2011, 12:17 AM
This is horrible.:( I hope it can be stopped.

Trinityagain
04-14-2011, 06:19 AM
I've also posted it on my fb page and sent a message to one of our local TV stations...

Anikaca77
04-14-2011, 08:35 AM
I sent you a message, I'm semi-dealing with the same situation about 45 mins. from my place. I just don't understand why people think it is necessary to kill the feral cats.

The only thing is right now I can only do what I can....I wish I had more money to take in all the cats in the world that were homeless.

Melissa

Trinityagain
04-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Melissa,

In the 15 years we have lived there we have taken in or found homes for 25 cats...and one puppy :) paid all of it out of our own pockets....I was going to be out of town this weekend but due to the weather and other factors will now be home. I am planning on going to the mtg on Saturday.....thanks for that info! Good luck ( and using a line forom a book I once read) keep fighting the good fight!

catmandu
04-14-2011, 01:59 PM
I cannot understand how someone can come onto private property and trap Ctas to be destroyed:confused:
I wonder if this creep:mad: sells the poor Cats to labs.:mad:
If I ever caught this jerk on my property his head would be in that trap.:mad::mad::mad:

Abby&Buddy'sMom
04-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Try contacting channel 11, channel 4, and channel 2 news.... surely one of those should pick up on this. Also, try being a "fan " of all their facebook pages, as you should be able to post on the pages. The powers that be do read the facebook pages i think. Heck.... it may be worth it for you to try.