PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my Yodie, please; *Update #19

Medusa
04-12-2011, 09:17 AM
I was going to wait until after tomorrow's vet appt. but I think Yodie could use some advance prayers. She's walking w/her head tilted again and she's shaking her head and scratching at her ear a lot. I pray that it isn't another polyp. I cleaned her ears as well as I could and they weren't too bad. I'm hoping that perhaps there is some wax in there that I wasn't able to reach. I'll post tomorrow as soon as I come home from Dr. Lee's but until then, please spare a prayer for my little furkid Yodie.

catmandu
04-12-2011, 09:27 AM
We are sending prayers from All Of Us at The Found Cat Hotel, and All of Our Many Found and Porch Angels.:love::love::love:
We are praying hard for your Yodie that she will come home with a clean bill of health, passing with flying colors.
:love::love::love:
Yodie is one of Our Favorites.
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Taz_Zoee
04-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Poor Yodie and those darn ears. I hope it is an easy fix and she won't have to wear the dreaded cone!

Queen of Poop
04-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Sending good thoughts and prayers for sweet Yodie. :love:

lvpets2002
04-12-2011, 10:51 AM
:( Oh no poor wittle Yodie.. I sure hope it is just some wax they can get out.. Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss.. Get Well Soon Yodie.. Keep us posted ok..

Catty1
04-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Major prayers for Yodie! Even if it IS a polyp, I hope it is smaller than the last one.

Get better soon, Yodie girl! Hugs to you, Mary!

kuhio98
04-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Sweet Yodie is in our prayers.
Pepper had ear mites when we adopted her. She had the same symptoms. It was easily cleared up. I hope Yodie's ears feel better soon.

gini
04-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Prayers for little Yodie - we all worry ourselves sick over our babies.

I hope this is easily cured.

phesina
04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Prayers and good thoughts and healing energies for dear little Yodie, that she will soon be back in fine form.

katladyd
04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Sweet Yodie will be in my thoughts and prayers today.:love:

Freedom
04-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Yodie, my goodness those ears of yours are something else! Prayers that you feel lots better, and SOON!

cassiesmom
04-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Big prayers for Yodie and meowmie!

And a candle--- http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=13112513

momoffuzzyfaces
04-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Prayers for little Yodie and you are on the way. :love::love:

chocolatepuppy
04-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Prayers for Yodie.

Pinot's Mom
04-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Prayers from here!:love:

jennielynn1970
04-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out for dear Yodie. HUGS to you, Mary!:love:

mrspunkysmom
04-12-2011, 05:50 PM
You have my prayers.

Katelf
04-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Dear Yodie,

Please get well soon and know we are all sending prayers of pawsitive healing your way. Blessings :love:

Medusa
04-13-2011, 12:32 PM
He said "Understand that the MRSA is from a polyp but, as of right now, it isn't growing, which is why I can't see it. It's never going to go away b/c we can't get the root out. So for the time being, we'll give the really strong antibiotic 2xdaily and an ear medicine." Yodie also has an ulcerated cornea again. How that happens, nobody knows. So she has an eye salve for that but Dr. Lee said that if she scratches her eye, she has to wear the dreaded e-collar. Fortunately, she doesn't like any of the rest of the Fur Posse enough to rub up against them, so I'm not too concerned about any of them getting the MRSA. The last furkid she loved was Boo and he's at the Bridge now.

I had to chuckle b/c as I was checking out, a woman was bragging about her adorable little puppies; little fuzz faces they were. She said "He got best puppy in show and she got best puppy for blah blah blah...I don't even know you but I feel I should tell you this". Not to be outdone, I said "Well, Yodie here got Best Raging Infection of 2011 and Creamsicle got Best Brain Damaged, Coco Puff got Best Blue Eyes and Biggest Mouth and Specs got the Longest Whiskers award and one for Most Cowardly". The vet techs were cracking up but the woman failed to see the humor.

Anyhow, I'm feeling fairly relieved; not sure if Yodie agrees w/me, especially when I have to give her that nasty medicine. Ah well, such is life in this household. Thanx for all the prayers and good wishes. :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-14-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm sorry to hear that she has another MRSA infection again and also an ulcerated cornea again.:( I hope that she'll be a good girl and take her meds easily and hopefully she won't need to wear the dreaded cone again. Get well soon Yodie. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Medusa
04-14-2011, 08:03 AM
This is going to be a little tougher than I thought. All of my cats are easy to pill and medicate. It's catching them that's the problem. Yodie is as fast as greased lightning and apparently she remembers all too well that nasty medicine taste. If she even picks up the vibe that it's medicine time, she bolts. Fortunately, only the antibiotics need to be administered twice a day; the eye salve and ear drops only once. Happy happy joy joy! :D

Freedom
04-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Oh Yodie! Whatever can we do with you? Eye and ear issues that just don't stop, clear up and then recur and no one knows why. I'm sure you are as tired of it as Mary!

Hang in there Mary. Would it help if Yodie got a bit of tuna or salmon after the meds?

My Sugar has a nasal polyp in a place the surgeon can't reach, so can't get it out at the root. She is on prednisone for that, to keep it from being inflammed and bothering her breathing. :rolleyes: Fortunately, I can slip the half pill in a bit of hot dog and she doesn't even know it is there. But this also is a for life thing. Darn polyps!

Medusa
04-14-2011, 08:50 AM
I always make sure she has plenty of food when I give her the meds. If she wises up to that, I don't know what I'll do. Plus I have to squirt a couple of syringes of water into her mouth after she swallows the pill b/c Dr. Lee said that it's like swallowing Drano. If it gets stuck, her throat can ulcerate. Then we've really got problems. She's so smart!

Taz_Zoee
04-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Bummer that she has to have nasty meds. But I will just keep hoping she doesn't have to have "the collar".

That's too funny what you told that lady in the vets office. LOL :D :D

jennielynn1970
04-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Awe, poor Yodie! I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. HOpefully this all clears up quickly and she won't have to be subjected to the hated medicine, lol.

Karen
04-14-2011, 11:14 AM
At least she's feeling well enough to be hard to medicate! Oh, these tricky kitties!

katladyd
04-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Have you asked your vet if you can get Yodie's meds in topical form? That makes it much easier. As another HUMAN PILL DISPENSER, I know how frustrating it can be. I'm sending good thoughts to you and Yodie.

Medusa
04-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Once I catch her, it's easy from then on. It's catching the little devil that's tricky. ;)

cassiesmom
04-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Dear sweet Yodie, I hope you are feeling much better!

Medusa
04-18-2011, 06:02 PM
She's doing great! She has boundless energy, running all through the house, up and down stairs w/her little catnip mouse in her mouth. I have to outthink her when it's medicine time but once I catch her, she's easy to give her meds. Thanx for asking. :)