PDA

View Full Version : And then there were three

katladyd
04-06-2011, 12:33 PM
We have a new addition to our little family. There has been a poor little fella that has been wandering our apartment complex after his owners moved and left him behind. One of the tenants adopted him for a short while and then kicked him out within a couple of weeks. I was talking to my apartment manager and she said if I could get him inside my apartment, she would turn a blind eye to the "two cat limit" in our complex.

Yesterday my son found this baby wandering around begging for food and brought him inside. I was worried about how Mac and Ming would react because Mac can get aggressive with other cats. I shouldn't have worried. The boys have been as sweet as pie to the newbie, but he is scared of them and growls and hisses at them, though nothing beyone that. Mac keeps trying to touch noses with him but the little guy isn't sure about that yet.
He is now hiding in the bedroom closet, but spent the night out and about in the living room and in the bedroom and my two respected that. They seem more interested in him than anything else.

This baby is about half grown and he is a neutered male. He is pure white with amber eyes and is just the sweetest love bug who ADORES pets and chin scritchies. I hope he gets over his fears and settles in soon. He is just such a sweetheart. I will get pics when he is a bit more comfortable.
For now, could you guys send a good thought that he settles down and stops being so scared of the boys? They really are both being on their absolute best behavior and I am soooo proud of them!

lvpets2002
04-06-2011, 12:36 PM
:love: Awee he sounds so Sweet.. Must take some pics for us to see.. Thank you so much for taking him in..

cassiesmom
04-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Awww, welcome to Mac and Ming's new bro-fur! Please don't be scared, kitty- all will be well!

phesina
04-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Awwww.. More #$%*#*heads that move out and just leave their little pet friends behind.

Good on you for taking this little fellow in. Welcome, new boy, and you will settle down and love your new FURREVER home!

God bless you all!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Taz_Zoee
04-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Yay for you!! And also the apartment manager for being so kind too. :D

I can't wait to see pictures of him. Does he have a name?

katladyd
04-06-2011, 03:13 PM
He is still pretty scared, so the pics will have to wait until this weekend. He was hiding in the bedroom closet when I left for work, but my son is home today and the boys seem more than willing to be friends with him, so I am not TOO worried. I am thinking of calling him Noobie because, well, he's the newbie in the house! I just hate when people move and leave their furbabies behind!:mad: Can you blame the poor little fella for being a little cautious? Two homes in two months have left him on his own. That WON'T happen again if I can help it.:love:

Catty1
04-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Welcome, little Noobers. :love::love: You have two older fursibs who are just waiting to love you up - I bet they will compete for who gets to groom you the most!;)

Thank God for you katladyd, and the manager...I am sure he is young enough to trust again. And he lucked out with a PT house! :)

katladyd
04-06-2011, 03:29 PM
My apartment manager has 5 cats of her own. Yes, she is a fellow crazy cat lady! We talk cats whenever I go into her office. There are a lot of us in this complex, which is why I have lived here for so many years! Oh, I do hope the little fella settles in quickly! I'm such nervous catmom right now.

astrid
04-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Poor little angel :(.... BUT thank God for you and that kind manager :)
My good thoughts and prayers for Noobie :love: I can't wait to see his pictures.

Kisses for Mac and Ming, I hope the three of them get along and start having fun together soon!

Freedom
04-06-2011, 03:58 PM
I suggest to try to get something in writing from this manager, stating that it is fine for you (name) to keep 3 cats.

Try to avoid having the 3 cats named.

Things happen, a new manager has every right -- and the authority -- to enforce the 2 cat limit.

Good job taking him in! Could take as much as 3 weeks for him to settle in.

katladyd
04-06-2011, 04:07 PM
She's been the manager forever here and she lives right across the street. She isn't going anywhere and the two-cat rule isn't really enforced that strongly. It's just that I never wanted to break the rules so I asked if it was okay that I took him in. If she ever decides to leave, I will get it in writing that I can have 3 cats. Of course, by that time I hope to have a better job and move.:D

katladyd
04-06-2011, 04:09 PM
I suggest to try to get something in writing from this manager, stating that it is fine for you (name) to keep 3 cats.

Try to avoid having the 3 cats named.

Things happen, a new manager has every right -- and the authority -- to enforce the 2 cat limit.

Good job taking him in! Could take as much as 3 weeks for him to settle in.

I know it can take awhile sometimes. It took 2 months for Mac to accept Ming. That is why I was so surprised that he accepted Noobie so quickly.

mrspunkysmom
04-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Bless you for taking in this fellow. You didn't mention the vet but please get him checked out for his and your kitties sake.

I'm sure he'll figure out that he now has a home. It took Jane 2 days of rest to start to feel comfortable and about 6 weeks to stop running from every loud noise.

And Bless you Mac and Ming for being so accepting of Noobie.

Karen
04-06-2011, 08:58 PM
He's about the age a lot of kittens get dumped - they aren't adorable babies anymore, and folks just discard the, the idiots.

Bless you for taking him in, now, as you probably gonna have him for a long time, that name's not gonna be appropriate for very long! Maybe officially name him Neville - Nevvie and Noobie aren't too far apart!

katladyd
04-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Noobie is just a working name for now, I really haven't given a lot of thought to a name. I just want him to stop being scared first. I have thought of Bianco, which is Italian for white, or Petey (the boyfriend's suggestion). I really don't have a concrete name for him yet, but I will!

columbine
04-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Nieve means "snow," and starts with N... Anyway, thank you for taking this little sweetie in! Looking forward to a photo when you can get one.

Love, Columbine

Taz_Zoee
04-06-2011, 10:21 PM
My friend had a cat named Noobie. And his name was always Noobie for as long as she had him. :D Although I think she spelled it Newbie, not sure though. I like Noobie. :)

I was thinking you'd want a name that starts with M to go with Mac and Ming. But he'll get his name, eventually. ;)

katladyd
04-06-2011, 11:22 PM
It's funny, but I never started out with the intention of giving all of my cat's names that began with M, it just turned out that way. But it is an idea...:)

krazyaboutkatz
04-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Congrats!!!:D I'm so glad that you were able to take him in and your apt. manager sounds like a wonderful lady. Maybe you should tell her about PT.:)

It sounds like your boys are being very good to Noobie so hopefully it won't take him too long to become more comfortable in his new home. I was also thinking that you might want to name him with a name starting with the letter "M". He sounds very handsome and I can't wait to see pictures of him.

Here's a link with cat names that start with "M":http://www.i-love-cats.com/names/index.php?BRSR=0&sex=male&letter=M&orig_id=. I kind of like the name Morgan. Good luck.:)

Medusa
04-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Grrr, people make me so angry when they leave their pets behind. The good news is, though, that you are kind hearted and took the little sweetheart in. I'm sure he'll settle down as soon as he realizes that he's home to stay and that you won't abandon him, too. Thank you for giving him this chance. :love:

Taz_Zoee
04-07-2011, 09:43 AM
You said he's white, right? I was thinking Marshmellow, but that's kinda silly. So then I thought of Marshall. On the show How I Met Your Mother there is a character named Marshall and his wife calls him Marshmellow. :D

astrid
04-07-2011, 10:24 AM
The word NUBE (pronounced 'noo-bay', similar to Noobie) means CLOUD in spanish... you know, since you said he's white...

When can we see pictures of the little fella?
Kisses for him:love::love:

Husky_mom
04-07-2011, 11:05 AM
how about Neo.. sounds like "new".. well.. you gotta extend a lil the pronunciation.. but still.. hehe

krazyaboutkatz
04-07-2011, 11:35 AM
I also thought of Moon or Moonbeam since he's white. You could also call him Mooney too. Whatever his name will end up being he's one very lucky cat.:)

katladyd
04-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Hey everyone! Well, the kitty has his official name, it is Kimba. I named him after a Japanese cartoon character who was a lion. I used to love this show when I was a kid and the name suits him to a T! Last night, Mac started showing his usual agression and this kitty never backed down! He traded Mac blow-for-blow while most cats back off (Mac is a very aggressive cat when he wants to be). This little guy was just not taking NOTHING off of him. He has the heart of a lion and that is why I named him Kimba. Gary has Miquelito, the little orange lion and I have Kimba, the little white lion. He is out and about and no longer hides at all! Mac and him still hiss and growl, but they'll settle it on their own, cats always do. Neither one was hurt last night in the scuffle so I know this is all for show, just to establish the pecking order. Things are pretty interesting right now, but I love all my babies sooo much!:love:

astrid
04-07-2011, 01:33 PM
That is such a great name! I used to wach Kimba too, I loved him :)

For those of you who don't know/remember Kimba: http://youtu.be/Nur_fWvG4MM

mrspunkysmom
04-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Hey everyone! Well, the kitty has his official name, it is Kimba. Last night, Mac started showing his usual agression and this kitty never backed down! He traded Mac blow-for-blow while most cats back off (Mac is a very aggressive cat when he wants to be). This little guy was just not taking NOTHING off of him. He has the heart of a lion and that is why I named him Kimba.

That is so great! He knows you mean to keep him. Kimba is a great name. (although I liked Noobie.)

momcat
04-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Welcome Kimba! There's nothing for you to worry about anymore, you're a PT kitty now in a purrfect furever home. You sound like a very handsome kitty boy. Do you plan to take bagpipe lessons from your new brother?

Thank you and bless you for helping Kimba. I simply cannot comprehend how anyone could just walk away from their pet. Wherever we go, Groucho goes with us. It sounds like everything is working out with the kitties but please be patient with Kimba, we may never know what this poor little sweetheart experienced while he was outside and all alone. Could I ask you to give him some lovies from me? Of course lovies are being sent for Mac and Ming too :love: :love: :love:

katladyd
04-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Oh, I will be nothing but patient with him. I know he has been through a lot and I want him to know that we love him and will always love him and will always take care of him. :love: He is as cute as a button! I will take some pics and post them this weekend.

krazyaboutkatz
04-07-2011, 11:59 PM
I don't remember the Kimba cartoon but it sounds like a great name for him.:) I'm glad that he's not afraid of Mac and will be able to stand his ground. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of him.:)

katladyd
04-08-2011, 01:02 AM
The only day I will have any free time to take good pictures will be Saturday afternoon. I will try to post a few of them on Saturday night.:)

phesina
04-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Welcome home, KIMBA!!!!!

katladyd
04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Oh, Kimba is turning out to be a little stinker! He not only doesn't back down from my boys, he is starting to search them out and actually stalk them. I hear growling and hissing all the time now. This doesn't bother me with Mac, he can more than hold his own with any cat, but Ming has taken to hiding under the bed and neither Mac not Ming sleeps on my bed anymore, they look for places to avoid Kimba because he will pounce on them in their sleep. I am being patient and hope they all work this out, but I may need some suggestions on how to calm the little guy down. I will not give up on him, but I want my other kitties to know a little peace. CATS!:rolleyes: I will be purchasing some Feliway tonight after work, I need some sleep.