PDA

View Full Version : Its the little things...

catnapper
04-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Last night I was dishing out wet food as a treat. I was also on auto pilot because I had just worked 11 hours, right after the 11 hours I worked the day before. I started panicking because I had one cat serving left in the can and I couldn't find hte dish for that serving, nor could I find the cat that belonged to it. Then it hit me. I no longer have 8 cats. I have 7.

Its the little things that hit you and make you miss them.

catmandu
04-06-2011, 09:32 AM
I miss them when I see the Photos on the wall.
And when I am looking at cans of Cat Food, and I wonder if My Dream Cat Michael:love: My Purrfect Princess :love: or My Juke Joint Joseph :love: would like that variety.
Then I realize that they are now Angels and no longer are dining with us.
Then I miss them even more:(:(

happylabs
04-06-2011, 09:57 AM
I still accidentally call Mack when I call the kitties for their dinner. "Tinker, Mama, Macky, Bunnnnnnnnnn".

They are always in our hearts. :love:

Cataholic
04-06-2011, 10:11 AM
:love:

I know that feeling. Hugs to you.

kuhio98
04-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Kim ~ I sure can relate. Last week I told hubby that he might as well stop closing the bathroom door when he goes in there because 5 kitties stand outside yowling until he opens the door.

I corrected myself by saying 4 kitties.

Then, I started bawling. :(

astrid
04-06-2011, 03:44 PM
I know that feeling too.
Our little Chester went to the RB 8 years ago but I still miss him, just the other night when we were sleeping Sophie meowed and I told her "come here Chester"... :love:

I loved him so much :(

As I always say: Cats are small in size but big in love, no wonder why it feels so empty when they're gone :love:

katladyd
04-06-2011, 03:49 PM
They have a way of burrowing into your heart and never leaving it! I still expect to see Kitty sunning herself on the neighbors brick fence, and then it hits me that she left us three years ago. Of course, I tear up then. I guess I always will.:(

Freedom
04-06-2011, 03:54 PM
I understand, I've experienced similar. And yet, the feeling is different from the first days, or week . . . . .

jennielynn1970
04-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Ever since Finae passed, I haven't been able to get a treat bag and shake it. I just can't. I remember shaking that bag, and only having 4 cats run to me, and wondering where Finae was. It still hurts so much, so I can totally understand where you are coming from. They really make theirselves at home in our hearts. :love:

jenluckenbach
04-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Its the little things that hit you and make you miss them.

Yes......it is. :(

But it is also those memories that keep them alive in your heart. :love:

Scooter's Mom
04-06-2011, 10:41 PM
I feel the same way. I cried on the way home from work when I saw my Scooter Bug looking out from my cell phone screen. I don't know that I'll ever be able to replace my phone because I would lose that photo.

(Hugs) to you all...

krazyaboutkatz
04-07-2011, 12:09 AM
I know how you feel.:( Even though I now have 6 cats again, I'll still get LES if I think about any of my RB cats. Cats sure do leave their pawprints on our heart.

Medusa
04-07-2011, 06:30 AM
That really hit home w/me. The most indoor cats I've ever had at one time is 8 and each time one went to the Bridge, I'd panic at night, looking all over for the one I couldn't find when it was bedtime. Then I'd realize what I was doing and cry. I still sometimes search for Boo. I feel for you. (((HUGS)))

moosmom
04-07-2011, 07:20 AM
I'm always having to do a head count on my crew. I am ALWAYS calling (by accident) AustinB "MooMoo". He doesn't seem to mind but I'm always tryng to catch myself.

Our RB furbabies never seem to go away. They are always around in spirit.