PDA

View Full Version : Email account hacked into...

moosmom
04-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Got a call from Comcast security. Someone breached my security on my email account and sent a "phishing" email out via MY email address that is under MY name!!!!:mad:

Because I've already been violated, I told him I'd call him right back. It was legitimate. I had to go into ALL my accounts and change ALL my passwords. I wrote them down (yet again!!!) and they are all VERY different.

What a pain in the @$$!!!!! These people just don't stop!!

Last time they installed some kind of corrupt software. I was fortunate enough to have Toshiba offer to ship both ways and fix it for nothing, even though my warranty expired in Dec.

Karen
04-04-2011, 06:31 PM
It is a good idea to change your password periodically, and never use a "dictionary" word by itself, as bad people can just programmatically run checks for those. So make sure you have other characters, numbers as well as letters, symbols, etc. for the safest ones.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-04-2011, 06:40 PM
There was an item on the news just now about this. Seems someone hacked lots of accounts. They are advising not to answer or open any email that you aren't sure of, specially don't reply to any. :love:

Catty1
04-04-2011, 10:10 PM
I changed passwords on both my Facebook accounts about a month ago.

My one FB account actually spammed my other one! Now THAT was funny...I had to block myself....:p:D

moosmom
04-05-2011, 06:04 AM
I don't think anyone is safe anymore.

momcat
04-05-2011, 07:56 AM
This is exactly why I don't trust computers! Progress might have been alright once but now it's gone on for too long!

sana
04-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Thank GOD! I am very happy that my accounts are never hacked. Actually once a girl read my email, I was sending it to some person and she said that she read it because she hacked something something...etc. Anyway, my passwords are the weirdest because as the password tips say, alway use numbers and special characters like &^%$# in your password, nobody can guess my password, at least that's what I think because it WEIRD!!! :pAND HARD!! :pSo keep weird passwords and I never use the dictionary! ;)

I hope all your other accounts don't get hacked. Prayers they don't.

chocolatepuppy
04-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I don't think anyone is safe anymore.

Amen to that! ;)

pomtzu
04-05-2011, 05:46 PM
I haven't changed any passwords in eons, except for my Google account. I made that one so long and complicated that I had to write it down since I can't remember it. :o I'll be changing all the others as I use them.