PDA

View Full Version : I always wanted a cat :(

COCatMama
11-02-2002, 02:20 PM
my BF had a cat when I met him...he was awesome! (the cat I mean, *G*) his name was Smokey and he played fetch!! he also made weird noises. He wasn't terribly cuddly tho but i did not care. Steve had to send smokey back to cat "prison" because he was spraying! :( and yes he was neutered. SIGH
that was the closest i came to having my OWN cat. I have loved cats since i was little but my mom's allergic so the answer was always NO!
Now i am owned by a dog who is a cat-chaser so no cats for me!!! WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kirsten
11-02-2002, 02:28 PM
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that your bf had to give Smokey away! :( I know what it means to want a cat and you're not allowed to have one. My parents always said "no" when it came to that subject but I always wanted one, so I was already 18 when I got my first one.

Are you sure your bf doesn't want to give it another try, maybe with a female?

Kirsten

COCatMama
11-02-2002, 04:29 PM
Well our dog doesn't like cats :( if I had a house for myself I would adopt another doggie...Juneau loves dogs
sniff...

jenluckenbach
11-02-2002, 05:28 PM
I am no expert on living with dogs, but can't they be trained. A little training on the dogs part (they need to learn to be social any way ) and then finding a cat with the proper temerament (shelters often know which cats will respond well to dogs ) and there you have it. Pet heaven.

smokey the elder
11-03-2002, 08:08 AM
If you need a kitty fix, why not volunteer at a shelter or with an adoption group? They always need people to clean cages, socialize cats, etc.

Cataholic
11-03-2002, 05:07 PM
Dogs and cats can/do/should (?) get along, with socialization. If there are issues with the dog now, think of having kids, either yourself, or over to visit..maybe socializing the dog is a good thing??