PDA

View Full Version : Marbles & Flo .... new addition :)

RedHedd
04-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Spunky, orange & white Florence joined our household yesterday. Her former owners had to move and gave her up to the San Francisco Animal Care & Control. I saw her picture on Facebook and had to meet her, so I went and visited on Wednesday night.

She about 13 months old, about the same size as Marbles - a long haired fluffy gal. She's a lap-cat and immediately crawled into my lap as I got to know her in her jail cell. I went home to talk to Marbles about it and yesterday I went and got her.

I do know how to introduce two kitties, but these two seem to be rushing me. Florence has been a bit aggressive - no fur flying, but lots of growls and hisses, which is to be expected. I'm trying to keep her secluded in my bathroom, but she keeps getting out - Marbles keeps pushing the door in. The two kitties woke me up this morning with their growls and chases down the hall.

No pictures yet. Not sure how soon I will get them up as I have company from out of town this week, but I will try.

I don't think her name will remain Florence - that just doesn't seem to suit her. For now she's Flo-Jo.

jenluckenbach
04-03-2011, 11:26 AM
A hearty congratulations on your new addition. :love:

catmandu
04-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Wow!!
We cannot wait to see Photos of Your New Cat Comapnion Flo Jo!!!
:love::love:
She sounds like quite a Beautiful Young Cat, a Great Little Creamsicle Cat :cool::cool: and quite a great Addition.
God Bless You for giving Flo Jo a New Furr Ever Home.:love::love:

jennielynn1970
04-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Can't wait to see Flo-Jo!!

Welcome home, sweetie!!! You'll have a great life now!

phesina
04-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Welcome home, Flo-Jo!!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
04-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Congrats!!!:D I'm thrilled that you finally got Marbles a playmate and I hope that in time everything will work out well.:) I did see her picture on the SF Animal Control site and she's a gorgeous long haired orange & white cat and sure does remind me of my Alani & Blaze. Let's see if I can post her picture below.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19129973

Isn't she gorgeous? I hope you'll be able to take some new pictures soon. Good luck.:)

cassiesmom
04-03-2011, 09:59 PM
She's beautiful! Hello, Flo kitty!

Karen
04-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Another nickname for Florence is Flossy - depends on her personality! If she's sporty, Flo-Jo would suit her better, but if she's a softy, maybe Flossy would! Time will tell, but welcome kitty!

RedHedd
04-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Flossy is cute; I will consider it. When I came home tonight the two cats had somehow switched places - Flo was roaming free and she had locked Marbles in the bathroom :eek: Of course I freed the poor mewling Marbles and the two scampered around the house chasing each other for a bit.

There were kitty screams but no fur flew. Flo is one tough little cookie - such a big growl out of that little cat. I may get some Feliway to try and calm her down. Marbles is trying to be friends - she's sniffing and they touched noses - Marbles was the instigator - she's very gentle with Flo. Flo is scared of her.

Like her Petfinder ad says, Flo gives great head butts and little kitty kisses. She also purrs up a storm! Her purr fills a room.

I did get a few pics and will attempt to post them later this week.

Taz_Zoee
04-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Oh my gosh, she is beautiful!! I love her dark coloring on her face.

That is so funny they switched places. How in the world did that happen??

Can't wait to see the pictures. :D Welcome to a wonderful home Flo!! :)

RedHedd
04-04-2011, 11:27 AM
They did it again - locked Marbles in the bathroom (the bathroom door doesn't close or lock properly) - and then they woke me this morning chasing each other. Flo .... aka Jasmine aka Kiwi (we're trying all kinds of new names) is growling less, but still growly. Marbles is really trying to be friends and play with her; it's just going to take time and patience.

And now Marbles is eating her food - Evo - so I may have two cats on very healthy food.

krazyaboutkatz
04-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Since Marbles keeps getting locked in the bathroom, you may want to put something in front of the door to help prevent it from being able to open up so easily. Both of my girls will still growl and hiss at Alani & Blaze if they try to bug them too much. I keep telling them that they just want to play with them. I've found that females can be such drama queens.:) I hope that Flo-Jo,or whatever her name ends up being, will start to settle down soon. Good luck.:)

lvpets2002
04-04-2011, 12:58 PM
:) Hello & Welcome you two new babies Flo & Jo.. Cant wait to see your Sweetie Pie Pics..

RedHedd
04-04-2011, 06:34 PM
It's only one new baby - For now she is Flo-Jo and they're sleeping on opposite sides of the king-sized bed, in the sun .... so peacefully! I can't believe this is only day 2.

krazyaboutkatz
04-05-2011, 12:25 AM
It's only one new baby - For now she is Flo-Jo and they're sleeping on opposite sides of the king-sized bed, in the sun .... so peacefully! I can't believe this is only day 2.

This is wonderful news. I hope that they'll continue to get along better each day.:D In the past, I've usually just let the newbie out with the others during the day and I let them work things out. Usually within 3-5 days the hissing and growling stopped. Since I live by myself now, I was able to keep Alani & Blaze in my hall bathroom for quite a while until they started banging on the door to be let out. They're still not allowed in either bedroom but have the run of the rest of my condo. I hope to be able to see some cute pictures of both girls soon.:)

RedHedd
04-05-2011, 10:46 AM
They're continuing to bond - playfully chasing each other, touching noses, paws, sniffing tails - they're both floofy-tailed. I think her name is going to be Josie - it just suits her. No good pics yet - she's still discovering things - loves the basket of toys and looking out the windows. Whoever had her before took very good care of her. She knows "No." Marbles is being super-gentle with her - it's so cute!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/207872_1863540024711_1127281152_2097077_3374065_n. jpg

Not a very good pic, but you get the idea. She has beautiful markings

cassiesmom
04-05-2011, 12:12 PM
She's beautiful! Welcome, Florence Josie!

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2011, 12:31 AM
I think the name Josie is a great name for her.:) Isn't there a band called "Josie and the Pussycats"? I think it was a cartoon.

Even though the picture of her is blurry, you can tell she's a real beauty. It looks like she has a marbled pattern on her coat. I'm so glad to hear that Marbles is being gentle with her. This will help to make Josie more comfortable and relaxed in her new home a lot sooner than if she was being a little witch.;)

RedHedd
04-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Oh the fur flew last night! Marbles got a mouthful of orange fluff. I had to separate them for a time-out. They seem better today, but I'm keeping an eye on them.

gini
04-06-2011, 12:11 PM
I had to laugh about the comment that females can be such drama queens. Isn't that the truth? Annie can set up a howl that makes your teeth hurt and Emma walks by as if to say "I didn't do anything".

Flo-Jo - Josie is absolutely beautiful. I think they have made great progess in just a couple of days and the best is yet to come in the years ahead.

Josie was my Aunt's name - and she was a lovely warm lady - good name.

Medusa
04-07-2011, 06:40 AM
She's a beauty alright! Things will settle down; they just have to push the envelope and see how far they can go w/each other. Congrats on your new furkid! :)

RedHedd
04-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Josie is a kissy cat - I caught her trying to give Marbles kisses last night. It was so cute!

krazyaboutkatz
04-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Josie is a kissy cat - I caught her trying to give Marbles kisses last night. It was so cute!

Now this certainly is an AWWWWW!!!! moment.:D I'm sure that soon they'll be best friends because they both sound like real sweethearts.:love:

lvpets2002
04-07-2011, 11:46 AM
:love: WoW Flo you are so Stunning with Beauty.. Congrats Flo on your new furrever home..