PDA

View Full Version : New Beds arrived!

Freedom
04-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Monday, I had posted about Walmart's online Deal of the Day. I ordered 2 new beds (for Marlin Darlin') Ours arrived today. Marlin had Dad and I laughing so much we were crying! I put one on the floor in the Family Room, in the place he normally sits. He walked over to sit (he'd been outside), saw a different bed, turned and walked to the kitchen. Came back, stepped in to it, turned, got out and walked into the kitchen. Returned, got in, laid down, stayed about 5 seconds, got up and out and walked into the kitchen.

Next time, while lying in it, he tried placing his head down; in the donut beds, he rests his head on the bolster. Well, this time, he had his head on the lowered bit which is the "entry," so his head was too low. Up, out, walk into the kitchen. By now, Dad and I are laughing hysterically. Poor Marlin, he is whining a bit, now. "What happened? Where's my bed?" The final time, he got his head in the right place, and stayed settled.

In the 2d photo, you can see Sugar on the sofa in the red plaid donut, and next to her is the "other" black one. Back in January, I put "his" black one (it is on the floor ) in the wash, and just tossed the red one on the floor so he had a place. NO WAY, he was NOT using that red one! Dad figured it out, and got the other black one on the floor. Marlin was settled in seconds. He is VERY strict about routines! Always have said this about Marlin!

cassiesmom
04-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Awww, Marlin! It's a new bed! I hope you get to like it really well :) It looks really comfortable! And it was delivered really quickly too!

happylabs
04-01-2011, 09:12 PM
LOL! It just wasn't quite right.
I have that exact same black checkered bed with the pawprint in the middle like yours on the floor.

chocolatepuppy
04-02-2011, 05:08 AM
Very nice. Marlin looks happy!:D

Lilith Cherry
04-04-2011, 07:39 PM
It looks really comfy Marlin - just mind that bandit Willy doesnt steal it, lol!

cassiesmom
04-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Dear Marlin Darlin, I saw the pictures of your kitty-siblings testing your bedroom bed for you :) in the Cat General area. It looks very soft! Your testing assistants were so kind to check it out for you. I hope you have started to get used to the new one!

lizbud
04-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Funny story.:) I thought cats were the ones who like sameness in their routine.:D

Freedom
04-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Marlin enjoys the one in the Family Room; has yet to get in the one in my bedroom. LOL

Oh, Willy doesn't use pet beds; only laps and MY bed for him! :rolleyes:

Craftlady
04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Oh, Willy doesn't use pet beds; only laps and MY bed for him! :rolleyes:

LOL Snoopy loves my lap and bed too!
Coco also loves my lap but he goes in his crate at nighttime. :)