PDA

View Full Version : Poor, poor Minion (pics)

AdoreMyDogs
11-02-2002, 12:18 PM
Well my allergies have been giving me a hard time lately so guess what time it was????? BATHTIME!!!! He did even better then his last bath, which was just a few days after I adopted him. My husband could not help but take some photos of the poor kitty:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p1657f8efa7317056c282529fb05691e8/fd17804a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/pc4dd2ab944c6aeb78dec64e0b3674d8a/fd17802c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/pcbd78549a84388edec59a1104823da21/fd178019.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p0dcf15cb4384cfc39e7cf06a7bfa9546/fd177ffe.jpg

Ahhhh...warm towels. Mom, don't think this means I am happy with you now just because I enjoy being dried off with warm towels!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p868bb87c0493bf688d26a9446bd47d0a/fd178077.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p264cee4e81088fbb2af72c038ed02ff5/fd17808d.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
11-02-2002, 12:37 PM
Poor Baby! He sure isn't enjoying himself at all!!! The close up picture was so cute. They all are! Thanks for sharing them.:D

ChrisH
11-02-2002, 12:40 PM
Awww.... poor Minion...the pictures are cute though! :)

AmberLee
11-02-2002, 12:48 PM
Awww, poor Minion looks so tiny in the sink...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

toughCookie
11-02-2002, 12:52 PM
aww, poor kitty! but what a GOOD kitty you were...if that had been one of my cats, there would be no pics, it would take every available person to help and even then there would be blood!
human blood LOL

take care Minion and rest after that terrible thing, that yucky bath!

neko1
11-02-2002, 01:19 PM
Awww so cute!

Nomilynn
11-02-2002, 01:25 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/pcbd78549a84388edec59a1104823da21/fd178019.jpg

In this one that water droplet makes him look like he's crying!!! :(

I won't be posting pics of me bathing Bassett, because I have to get in the tub with her!! :p

lynnestankard
11-02-2002, 01:44 PM
Aaaawwww poor Minion - that last pic says it all -

H.....E......L.....PPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Lynne

Kirsten
11-02-2002, 02:11 PM
Poor, poor little boy! This unhappy and accusing look on his face! But I'm surprised that he lets you do that though, Luna would NEVER allow me to do that!

And you're taking Bassett with you in the tub? Wow! :eek:

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
11-02-2002, 02:57 PM
You're such a good kitty Minion to let your Mommy bathe you. My cats would never let me do this. Even though you look very unhappy, the pics are still cute. :)

All Creatures Great And Small
11-02-2002, 03:16 PM
How funny, Nomilynn - my daughter has to do the same thing with our kitty to give him a bath, by climbing in the tub with him. I let her take care of bath detail, and I just sit and listen to the pitiful meows coming from the bathroom......poor baby! Even with towel drying and sometimes blow drying, it takes at least a day for his fur to get back completely to normal - he always looks very "spiky" after his bath.

popcornbird
11-02-2002, 03:46 PM
Awwwwwwwwww poor poor POOR little Minion! :( She looks so sad!

boscibo
11-02-2002, 03:56 PM
Wow -he is really good about that bath stuff. I had to give Bo a bath once - not a happy experience.

jenluckenbach
11-02-2002, 05:37 PM
He looks like he behaves rather well for his bath. But if you look strait into his eyes, you can tell that he is thinking of ways to get even for this humiliation.

Vermontcat
11-02-2002, 05:39 PM
Aww, poor Minion, he looks so sad when he is soaking wet.:(
Umm, I think you got something in his eye in the extreme close up photo. He looks really sad there.
I hope it has helped your allergies and I hope he has forgiven you now.:)

Pam
11-03-2002, 06:43 AM
Oh My Gosh Leslie! What priceless photos! What amazes me is that there is no blood on your hands or in the water! LOL! Minion is precious and so well behaved. I guess he learned to be a good boy from his furbuddies Graham and Kersey. I hope you are getting some relief from your allergies, and I am sure that Minion does too because I bet he doesn't want to have to go through this again any time soon! Gee, I wish I lived closer. I'd love to have your cast your magic spell on my Trevor so that he would behave and have a nice "tubby" too! So far he has taken care of all of his bathing needs himself but I would love to see his fur all fluffy. Kisses to Minion, a very well behaved and dazzling clean kitty!

AdoreMyDogs
11-03-2002, 07:13 AM
:) The things our beloved pets have to put up with sometimes...honestly :eek: . I am not noticing a huge decrease in my allergies yet, but I have to wash my bedding today, so I am sure that will help. Minion has been sleeping on me lately, and close to my face, so I guess that would explain part of my problems. I like him sleeping with me so much that it would break my heart to deny him that.

I sure wasn't expecting to earn Minion's trust and friendship back for at least a day, but he forgave me 100% before he was completely dry. I gave him a big pile of catnip and he forgot all of his troubles :)

It is so pittiful that Min looked so much like he was crying in the pics :) Honest, it's only water and not soap or tears! I don't soap beyond his neck, just to be on the safe side.

He was so well behaved and during the duration of the bath, he only let out two of those unhappy kitty howls. He also just mostly sat right where he was in the pics. Only a couple of times did he try to stick his paw out of the sink to climb out. I did tell him that I had to do it for my health, and last time I didn't tell him why I was bathing him. I just talked to him like he was a person, and explained that I had to do it for my own health. Maybe that's why he was so incredibly good?

Min sez, "tanks fur da simpathees" :)

RockyRoad
11-03-2002, 10:51 AM
Don't think of me disgusting, but Sally has never had a bath in her life. I never gave her one because cats hate water and she hates it and scratches me to death when I am even putting her near the sink. Should I give her a bath???

boscibo
11-03-2002, 10:56 AM
FloppsyLadySally89 - I never bathe my cats unless they require it. If they get into something I don't want them licking off, for example. AdoreMyDogs has allergies, that is why she is bathing Minion. Otherwise - I wouldn't. Cats do a great job keeping themselves clean, and don't normally need outside help. Believe me, giving a cat a bath is no fun, unless they are used to it.

Miss Meow
11-03-2002, 05:23 PM
We have a TV ad here for Yellow Pages in which a lady forgets to place the Yellow Pages ad for the year. So she starts making a hasty exit from the office. The manager opens the window and screams NOT HAPPY JAN! at the top of her voice and it's become a common phrase here. I can just imagine Minion saying NOT HAPPY MINION! with that look on his face :)

Vio&Juni
11-04-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
:)
He was so well behaved and during the duration of the bath, he only let out two of those unhappy kitty howls. He also just mostly sat right where he was in the pics. Only a couple of times did he try to stick his paw out of the sink to climb out. I did tell him that I had to do it for my health, and last time I didn't tell him why I was bathing him. I just talked to him like he was a person. Maybe that's why he was so incredibly good?

Juni behaves the same. We have no allergies, but I prefer to bathe her from time to time. She is so proud immediately after she dries out! Usually she enjoys it. I think she likes her special herbal shampoo :D

Cataholic
11-04-2002, 10:44 AM
I bathed all five cats once..when we had fleas..and the worst offender was Dakota. I thought he would kill me. So fierce, and you know, a soapy cat isn't exactly easy to hold on to! Georgia just suffered the humility. The rest struggled moderately.

I don't bathe them unless there is a really good reason.

Cataholic
11-04-2002, 10:45 AM
Sheesh, I am so anxious to get out my news I forgot the whole reason I was posting!

GREAT PICTURES! WHAT A SWEET MINION!

rosethecopycat
11-04-2002, 11:21 AM
Minion is SO cute. I want to laugh and cry!
What a good boy!

NoahsMommy
11-04-2002, 12:06 PM
Oh Minion....you are just precious...that look on your face deserves a million pounds of catnip...you are such a cutie!! That was really nice of you to behave while mommy bathed you.

We bath our cats occasionally, if they need it. Noah's hair gets out of control, so we need to help him clean up a bit.

All Creatures Great And Small
11-07-2002, 09:04 PM
xx

ramanth
11-08-2002, 07:54 AM
Poor Minion! Mommy is just so cruel isn't she. ;)

I need to bathe the Kitten tonight.