PDA

View Full Version : Selling stuff on line - rant

Freedom
03-31-2011, 08:23 AM
I am fuming at the mo, lol. First I have issues w/ craigslist, and NOW I have problems w/ kijiji, aka ebay local free classifieds.

Craigslist: after YEARS of all of us here in RI posting pet accessories in PETS, they started flagging all our posts. Go to Forum, and learn that PETS is only for pets, not for selling items. Go to another Forum and learn that pet accessories belong in For Sale - General (which in RI is 3 pages of stuff DAILY!). Go to a third forum to ask for new category of Pet Accessories, or Pet Supplies. Get LOADS of folks agreeing. Nope.

The thing is, on each and every one of these 3 forums, I / we are called Idiots, Morons, told to learn to read, and other crap. We are "supposed" to know that the rules have ALWAYS been this way, just haven't been enforced until now. We are "supposed" to know that PETS does not allow sales, because there is no Price Box; even though rehoming fees are allowed and have to be put in the text of the ad.

So my pet stuff wasn't selling, and today I posted on Kijiji; aka ebay free local classifieds. My pet stuff went in OK. But my collectible Lenox Poppies on Blue items (2 different ads) got moved to Home Decor! :rolleyes: So these 2 collectible kitchen items are now mixed in with lamps and mirrors! Not w/ stuff folks keep on shelves and dust now and again.

I think I prefer the "old" days, when you rang the paper for an ad, spoke with a LIVE PERSON WHO HAD TO BE POLITE, and could discuss WHY a thing went where it did.

And don't get me started on my initial craigslist ID, which got frozen and NO ONE in Tech Support or General Help ever replied to get it unfrozen. GRRRRR

catnapper
03-31-2011, 09:51 AM
I hear your frustration. I just want to get my items sold.

I also hate that no matter what price you post, they always try to negotiate. At Christmas, I posted a leather massage chair for $50... it was just my way to have someone get a $800 chair for someone cheap at Christmas. Do you know how many people said "I'll give you $20". There was nothing wrong with the chair. No stains, no scratches, the motor was barely ever used. I'm STILL annoyed 3 months later! :rolleyes:

mrspunkysmom
04-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Craigslist forums are ruled by flamers. You can't post anything in any forum without being called a bunch of names. I gave up on the forums.

And there are people that love to flag. A sense of power? And to flag stuff just to get it removed. Have/need a life?

I occasionally look through CL but I don't post anymore.

Medusa
04-02-2011, 06:37 AM
I think I prefer the "old" days, when you rang the paper for an ad, spoke with a LIVE PERSON WHO HAD TO BE POLITE, and could discuss WHY a thing went where it did.

Nice to know that I'm not a fossil. LOL I'm afraid those days are gone forever, Sandie. :(

Freedom
04-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Did you know that ebay owns a 24% share of Craigslist?

wombat2u2004
04-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Nice to know that I'm not a fossil. :(

And if you were, what would you prefer to be ??? A Tyrannosaurus or a Crustacean or something ???

lizbud
04-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Sounds like you would be better off with having a yard sale.:)

moosmom
04-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I go on there every 45 days to do a DNA on Jay Baldwin. I'm too bus to check on free to good homes anymore.

Twisterdog
04-02-2011, 11:23 PM
I sell on ebay, or our local area's newpaper online classifieds. Craigslist, etc. are just too icky, IMO.