PDA

View Full Version : A Birthday Bar Thursdays #423

wombat2u2004
03-31-2011, 05:41 AM
Yes kids, it's Thursday again. And in accordance with the request from one of our most esteemed members (including a kick in the butt), I hereby open

The Christopher Walken Thursday Birthday Bar

We even get our very own book review by none other than our birthday boy.
Take it away Chris.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vNk4K3YaIc

The Bar is Open for Business

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/tmp00001-402x302.jpg

Todays special:
Hot dogs and beer.

smokey the elder
03-31-2011, 07:00 AM
It's Opening Day for baseball, so I think we need to do some hot dogs and bratwursts on the grill!

Bonny
03-31-2011, 07:04 AM
It's Opening Day for baseball, so I think we need to do some hot dogs and bratwursts on the grill!

Throw in some sauerkraut with those brats too.

Lady's Human
03-31-2011, 07:23 AM
Damn, I wish I felt better. Dogs and beer with MLB? Nice way to celebrate spring, only one problem....It's snowing outside! :eek:

I'll take a hot ginger brandy to clear my sinuses, when they're clear I promise to take over the bar for a bit.

Pinot's Mom
03-31-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm in for Ballpark Franks and, OK, just this once, a BEER. It is very rare I drink one of those (not very rare that I drink ;)), but I'll go with the flow for the occasion.

I would say GO ORIOLES, but that has become pointless. ;)

Thanks, barkeep! :D

pomtzu
03-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Well it's Philly Franks for me, and a Pepsi please - I don't do beer. Since this is a forum of all ages, I can't even say what my Mom used to call it! :eek:

Phillies opener tomorrow, and they might just be playing in the snow. It's feeling more like football weather around here.

GO PHILLIES!!!

happylabs
03-31-2011, 07:53 AM
Pizza! I want a slice of pizza. YUM. I'll start out with a diet coke but may want something a little stronger later. :p

aTailOf2Kitties
03-31-2011, 09:12 AM
mmmm...haven't had a hot dog in ages. Can I add chili?
I rarely drink alcohol, so how about a root beer?

RICHARD
03-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Damn, I wish I felt better. Dogs and beer with MLB? Nice way to celebrate spring, only one problem....It's snowing outside! :eek:

I'll take a hot ginger brandy to clear my sinuses, when they're clear I promise to take over the bar for a bit.

I'd love some fajitas, but no one can make a fricking decent tortilla around here.:o:(
This is my last post until I land on my feet in a week or two.

I have managed to make it this far on the great friends that I have made here on PT.

You all DO NOT KNOW JUST HOW VALUABLE YOU WERE TO ME during the last three years.

It's a great compliment to you all and I want you to know you have my love respect and undying loyalty.

There are a few more steps to take and with a few more thoughts and kicks in the arse, I am going to make it.

I cannot fail.

Too many of you are watching.:eek:

I will try to peek in at moments, so behave yourselves and don't worry about sitting that nasty Orc rear on the bartop.

I think it's sealed?:love:

---------------

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/This-guy-wants-the-Dodgers-to-change-their-name-?urn=mlb-wp1806

wombat2u2004
03-31-2011, 10:53 AM
No probs gang, the food is done and the beer is cold.

Smokey.....hot dog and bratwurst for you, just how like em....better than a home run. A drink with that ???

Bonny.....sauerkraut ??? Ya going all Bavarian on us now ??? Ok, I'll go make some sauerkraut for Little Miss Fussy Chops. Here's ya dog....get into that first.

LH.....one hot ginger brandy coming up. Sorry, ran out of those little umbrellas you like poking out of your drink.

Maggie.....one hot dog to go, and a good Aussie beer to get you used to the real stuff ;)

Ellie.....a hot dog for you, and a WHAT ??? A pepsi ??? Sorry no pepsi. We have milk shakes.......for those who haven't grown up yet :D

Helen....pizza and a diet coke ??? What kind ??? We have pepperoni, pepperoni or pepperoni, diet diet coke, unsugared diet coke, diet coke with no sugar, or just plain old lemonade. Please choose. ;)

aTailOf2Kitties.....one chili dog coming up, and glass of sasparelly ;)

Richard......expertly made tortillas placed carefully in your lunch box, under the counter, just ask LH for them when ya ready to leave.

Thanks folks, my shift is over, LH the bar is yours.
I'll be back in the morning to check on the mess you'll all leave.

Catty1
03-31-2011, 10:55 AM
The bar top or Orc's butt? :D

gini
03-31-2011, 11:09 AM
In my wildest dreams I never thought our Thursdays bar would look that great. I kinda thought it would be an old oak plank with lots of scars and initials carved into it. Like "Mario loves Orc"...............how many here remember Mario? We all loved that boy and he sure caused us a lot of trouble.

Great bar Wombat..............! I need to go back up and view that video then I will return for a hot dog and a cold brew.

gini
03-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Wow is it ever noisy in here - Wombat runs a fun Thursdays!! Why is Orc sealed to the bar?

I love Christopher Walken - great video.

And now on to make a huge mess with my hot dog and beer...............

Lady's Human
03-31-2011, 11:22 AM
No umbrellas? What kind of low class joint is this?????

Durnit, ruined my drink completely.

GIni, you make too much of a mess with your hot dog and beer, YOU can explain it to the cleanup committee. Lady will certainly clean up the hot dog, but I'm not sure how she'd feel about the beer. Besides, she's underaged!

happylabs
03-31-2011, 11:43 AM
No probs gang, the food is done and the beer is cold.

Helen....pizza and a diet coke ??? What kind ??? We have pepperoni, pepperoni or pepperoni, diet diet coke, unsugared diet coke, diet coke with no sugar, or just plain old lemonade. Please choose. ;)

Thanks folks, my shift is over, LH the bar is yours.
I'll be back in the morning to check on the mess you'll all leave.

Hmmmm...that's a tough one. I think I'll have, no, how about, nah...I'll take pepperoni! Diet Coke period. Duh......

Lady's Human
03-31-2011, 11:49 AM
A diet pepperoni coke pizza?

Or a diet pepperoni coke?

Pinot's Mom
03-31-2011, 12:13 PM
A diet pepperoni coke pizza?

Or a diet pepperoni coke?

That's just disgusting. I think the Orc just threw up. :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Chili dawgs and ROOTbeer for me!!! I'll get my own since I don't trust Orc not to mess with them. ;) :love:

pomtzu
03-31-2011, 12:54 PM
WHAT????? I can't have a Pepsi but Helen can have a diet Coke??? :(:confused: What goes here??? I'm being discriminated against!!!! :eek: Is there a lawyer in the house??? :mad:

Lady's Human
03-31-2011, 01:45 PM
No discrimination.....Just shift change. :p

davidpizzica
03-31-2011, 01:52 PM
I'll have a pepperoni pizza and a big cup of decaf coffee, please. Did anyone miss me at Thursdays?? From what I've read here, Orc can use some disipline and a swat on the rear!!

Lady's Human
03-31-2011, 02:08 PM
Orc needs more than a swat in the rear, David.

He's been running somewhat amok, which would be why he's been glued to the bar.

One pepperoni pizza, and a large decaf.

And a pepperoni pizza and a Diet Coke.

Get Orc in line, will ya? It's hard keeping this joint going with him glued down to the bar like that. Hard to explain to a new customer as well.....

davidpizzica
03-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Orc needs more than a swat in the rear, David.

He's been running somewhat amok, which would be why he's been glued to the bar.

One pepperoni pizza, and a large decaf.

And a pepperoni pizza and a Diet Coke.

Get Orc in line, will ya? It's hard keeping this joint going with him glued down to the bar like that. Hard to explain to a new customer as well.....

His "running amok" ends here LH!

pomtzu
03-31-2011, 05:01 PM
No discrimination.....Just shift change. :p

Ah-Ha - so that's the problem!!! You barkeeps need to get on the same page. I swear - this temporary help leaves much to be desired. :rolleyes::mad::p

RICHARD - please hurry back...........:)

cassiesmom
03-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Oh, good, decaf is already brewing. Could I have skim milk in mine, please?

"The Yankees always win 'cause the other teams can't stop staring at those pin stripes." -- Christopher Walken as Frank Abagnale, Sr. in Catch Me If You Can

Lady's Human
03-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Ah-Ha - so that's the problem!!! You barkeeps need to get on the same page. I swear - this temporary help leaves much to be desired. :rolleyes::mad::p

RICHARD - please hurry back...........:)

Hey, don't blame me, I was surprised my key still fit the door.

Thanks for taking care of Orc, David, he's just not right in your absence. He gets twitchy and the remote doesn't work too well.

davidpizzica
03-31-2011, 06:23 PM

Thanks for taking care of Orc, David, he's just not right in your absence. He gets twitchy and the remote doesn't work too well.

Uh,oh! Has he been dropping it in the sink again?! ORC!!

pomtzu
03-31-2011, 06:29 PM

Me too! I heard Richard was supposed to change the lock..........:p:D

Lady's Human
03-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Ummm, welll, the sink is one place we found it........

Don't worry, we had it professionally cleaned.

CM, pardonnez-moi, s'il vous plait.....

One Decfaf with skim, comin atcha.....mention the Yankees again while I'm barkeep and ya might be wearing it. :p

cassiesmom
03-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Ummm, welll, the sink is one place we found it........

Don't worry, we had it professionally cleaned.

CM, pardonnez-moi, s'il vous plait.....

One Decfaf with skim, comin atcha.....mention the Yankees again while I'm barkeep and ya might be wearing it. :p

Whoops, sorry... I was going for the association with Christopher Walken.

gini
03-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey, I think we need to go light on the guys - they are taking on a rough job to fit into Richard's shoes and tend the bar. I mean DO YOU want to take care of the Orc? Ha - he's a slippery character.

(I mean the Orc not Lady's Human or Wombat - hee hee)

Uh Oh, the Orc is putting mustard on the hot dogs and flipping them
at the wall to see how many he can get to stick. Explain that to
any new customers................:D:D

pomtzu
04-01-2011, 06:28 AM
Well it appears that the temporary help is late for work this a.m. Figures! :rolleyes:

I've got the coffee on and the grill is getting hot. I'm making sausage, egg and cheese on a toasted English Muffin.

Anyone here hungry - besides me? I also have some cheese danish if anyone needs to grab a bite and run. Help yourselves. :)

Lady's Human
04-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Hey, whaddaya expect, lousy tips, constant harassment, and oddball visitations from mythical creatures smearing all-too-real hot dogs all over the wall.

And we STILL keep the place clean.

But I'll take some breakfast if you're cookin. :p

pomtzu
04-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Hey, whaddaya expect, lousy tips, constant harassment, and oddball visitations from mythical creatures smearing all-too-real hot dogs all over the wall.

And we STILL keep the place clean.

But I'll take some breakfast if you're cookin. :p

Sausage and eggs are sizzlin' and will be done shortly. Have a seat and a cup of java while you wait. Quiet please tho - let sleeping Orc's lie....:eek:

Lady's Human
04-01-2011, 07:17 AM
He's got no choice......he's duct taped to the bar until David gets the durned remote fixed.

I'ze had it!

Queen of Poop
04-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Ah good morning all! Nice to see someone else is at work already too. Been a busy morning so far. Got a winter storm warning here. Could get up to a foot of SNOW tomorrow. Pretty sure that's no April Fool's Joke. Putting on some Green Tea if anyone's interested. Have a fabulous day all!!! :)

davidpizzica
04-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Hey, I think we need to go light on the guys - they are taking on a rough job to fit into Richard's shoes and tend the bar. I mean DO YOU want to take care of the Orc? Ha - he's a slippery character.

(I mean the Orc not Lady's Human or Wombat - hee hee)

Uh Oh, the Orc is putting mustard on the hot dogs and flipping them
at the wall to see how many he can get to stick. Explain that to
any new customers................:D:D

Gini, now the guys can take over the job of tending the bar, I can tend FULL-TIME dealing with the Orcster in my own special way!

Lady's Human
04-01-2011, 09:33 AM
QOP, you're not alone in dealing with the S-word.

Speaking of S-words, how about a Spam catapult game?

http://www.spamspamspamspam.co.uk/go/game/

:p

Just for you, WOm!

cassiesmom
04-01-2011, 11:35 PM
QOP, you're not alone in dealing with the S-word.

Speaking of S-words, how about a Spam catapult game?

http://www.spamspamspamspam.co.uk/go/game/

:p

Just for you, WOm!

"Fetchez la vache!"

Orc is putting mustard on the hot dogs and flipping them at the wall to see how many he can get to stick

pssst: Orc-- try it with bologna next!

Lady's Human
04-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Don't give him any ideas!!!!

Hey, BTW, since when did Spam become expensive???????

davidpizzica
04-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Good morning, everyone. I guess I can get the bar cranked open. Orc's remote was , I'm sorry to say, beyond my ability to repair (after taking alot of hotdog meat out of it!) so I found an Orc remote that was water AND Orc proof!!

Lady's Human
04-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Good morning, everyone. I guess I can get the bar cranked open. Orc's remote was , I'm sorry to say, beyond my ability to repair (after taking alot of hotdog meat out of it!) so I found an Orc remote that was water AND Orc proof!!

Hope it didn't cost too much, they're a bear to find.

Anyone for a western omelet and some coffee? I'll cook! (and where did that Wombat go....no one said ANYTHING about a 24 hour shift! :mad:)

wombat2u2004
04-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Here I am all, returning from my weekly drunken binge. Now keep the noise down, I've got a hangover.
David, would you shut that bloody orc up in a cage or something ??? He's ruining the place, and carving names into my new shiny bar top.
Thanks LH for looking after the bar during my drunken absence....WHAT ??? The till is empty !!!! No wonder everyone is here. :p
Ok, taking orders now......

gini
04-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Hey Wom, now if your gonna take an extended leave from your bar duties, you better warn your replacement - LH - 24 hours is asking a lot of anyone to hang around this bar - especially with the ORC running amok!

David, thanks for taking care of the remote - there is nothing in the till because we had to take all of it to pay you back for the cost and your time!

So - everyone pay up on your tabs...............

Gee whiz I sound pretty bossy this Saturday - I'd better shut up and get a few things done - like clean up and make some food.

How about some chicken and dumplings?..................

davidpizzica
04-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Gini, I think a session in the L & F will cool Orc down for a while and help ease Wom's hangover. I also took away his knife collection!

gini
04-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Somehow the thought of the Orc with a knife collection made me burst out loud in laughter.

David congratulations - I think you get the creativity for Thursdays contest award.

Drinks for everyone - I'll pay - in David's honor!!!

wombat2u2004
04-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Gini, I think a session in the L & F will cool Orc down for a while and help ease Wom's hangover. I also took away his knife collection!

I'm sorry David, you are going to have to return those knives. The rules of the bar say "Every Orc has the right to bear knives for the purpose of carving names into bar tops and bar stools."
Orc now demands a full apology, and compensation in way of a quarter deposited into the swear jar. :p

Ok everyone, line up for Gini's chicken and dumplings.

davidpizzica
04-03-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm sorry David, you are going to have to return those knives. The rules of the bar say "Every Orc has the right to bear knives for the purpose of carving names into bar tops and bar stools."
Orc now demands a full apology, and compensation in way of a quarter deposited into the swear jar. :p

Ok everyone, line up for Gini's chicken and dumplings.

Wom, maybe I'll let him have a semi-dull penknife to make him feel better, but in NO WAY no quarters in the swear jar!! Now I can use a cup of coffee with Bailey's.

wombat2u2004
04-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Wom, maybe I'll let him have a semi-dull penknife to make him feel better, but in NO WAY no quarters in the swear jar!! Now I can use a cup of coffee with Bailey's.

Orc said "Fair enuf" :p
Ok, one hot coffee with Baileys for you David.
Geez, the bar is a bit quiet tonight, where is everyone ??? Where is my hired help ??? Where is Gini's Chicken and Dumplings ??? Where is the orc ???
What is that slurping sound coming from under the bar ???
I must investigate.

gini
04-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Oh I must have fallen asleep at the bar last night. And David, it was a bad thing for you to give the Orc a penknife. The Orc is mad at me and just look at what he did to my hair while I was sleeping. One side is
now shorter than the other - see all of my hair on the floor?

The chicken is cooking in its broth right now and I am preparing the dumplings to go on top.............won't be long now.

Lady's Human
04-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Gini......define "won't be long"......

I'm gettin a touch hungry here, and the 24 hour shift didn't help.

Wom, it's never been a good thing to investigate odd noises around here.....gets dangerous.

Has anyone seen him since he went lookin?

pomtzu
04-03-2011, 11:41 AM
I think that slurping noise coming from under the bar was just an echo of Wom chug-a-lugging too much sudds. I'll bet he's still under there and passed out by now,,,,:eek:

Lady's Human
04-03-2011, 11:46 AM
You look. I'm Cheeeeken.

:eek:

Speaking of chicken...................Gini, is lunch served yet?:p

pomtzu
04-03-2011, 11:55 AM
A drunken Wombat and maybe an Orc too??? Darned if I'm poking my head under there. :p

gini
04-03-2011, 12:06 PM
"Won't be long..............." means chicken and dumplings are ready right now - piping hot - grab a plate and help yourselves.

There is some homemade apple sauce and asparagus spears if you want.

Look - whoever is burping - could you knock it off? It sounds so gross.
Wom - is that you?

Lady's Human
04-03-2011, 12:10 PM
THanks!

I think I'll have an Irish Coffee with that. Anyone else want something from the bar while I'm up?

Karen
04-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Yum, I'll take some chicken and dumplings. Just a nice hot cup of tea for me, barkeep!

Pinot's Mom
04-03-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm starving! Chicken and dumplings with a glass of Chardonnay, please! :)

David, I'm not sure the new remote is working too well. The Orc has run amok again. The "dull" penknife slashed all the curtains. :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Chicken and dumplings sound great to me along with a cherry rootbeer.
Orc are you throwing spit balls? One just whizzed past my nose!!! :eek:

wombat2u2004
04-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Look - whoever is burping - could you knock it off? It sounds so gross.
Wom - is that you?

No Gini, it's not me.
I think it's LH. He does that just before a feeding frenzy. :p

wombat2u2004
04-03-2011, 10:09 PM
LH....there ya go, a bowl of Chicken Surprise with Dumplings. Enjoy.

Karen.....same for you my dear.....with a hot cup of tea (I hope the tea is ok, orc has been playing with the tea leaves)

LH.....Seconds ??? Ok, I'll give you a top up.

Maggie.........here's your bowl of chop chop, and a glass of chardonnay.
No no Maggie.....chop chop means FOOD. You eat it with a spoon, not chopsticks.

LH....Thirds ???? You are a hungry boy.

MOFF...... Your bowl of Chicken Surprise (sorry, no dumplings left), and a cherry rootbeer....enjoy.

LH......MORE ??? Ya gotta be kiddin me !!!!!

GINI !!!!! We're running out....more food !!! Hurry up, LH is chasing the orc around with a bottle of ketchup in his hand.

Lady's Human
04-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Hey, I didn't realize it was Orc......he's such a messy eater I thought he was a mobile buffet!

wombat2u2004
04-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Hey, I didn't realize it was Orc......he's such a messy eater I thought he was a mobile buffet!

Yes, he gives that impression whilst skating across the bar top on a dinner plate. :p

Now everyone. WHO has been replacing Gini's dumplings with golf balls ???

davidpizzica
04-04-2011, 08:08 AM
ORC?! You bad boy. There goes your 'dull knife" privilges for a year! Wom, is your hangover any better? I heard some snoring coming from under the bar.

wombat2u2004
04-04-2011, 08:33 AM
ORC?! You bad boy. There goes your 'dull knife" privilges for a year! Wom, is your hangover any better? I heard some snoring coming from under the bar.

Yes David, my hangover is gone. But sadly, my snore has not gone.
I have to come clean now. All these years we have been blaming the Orc, but it was me all along. :p
Should I offer him/her/whatever.... my apologies ????

davidpizzica
04-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Yes David, my hangover is gone. But sadly, my snore has not gone.
I have to come clean now. All these years we have been blaming the Orc, but it was me all along. :p
Should I offer him/her/whatever.... my apologies ????

Wom, I think that would be wise to apologize to Orc no matter what type of being he (or she or it or. . . .)would be.

Lady's Human
04-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Yes, he gives that impression whilst skating across the bar top on a dinner plate. :p

Besides, you know how it is........when you're in the field, you never know who's going to screw up chow, so when it's good, you eat....and eat......

gini
04-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Who put the golf balls into my dumplings...........ORC!!!!! That does it - just wait until you see what I have planned for you ORC...........what a sorry little blurb you are going to be.

I leave and this is what happens - you guys - all three of you men couldn't keep an eye on the ORC and stop him?

And why are you all standing down at the end of the bar together and just grinning at me - David? Wom? LH? ORC??

Lady's Human
04-04-2011, 11:09 AM
:D

Ain't tellin!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-04-2011, 12:06 PM
The sight of Orc grinning makes me want to run screaming into the night!!! :love:

wombat2u2004
04-04-2011, 11:35 PM
:D

Ain't tellin!

Me either :D

wombat2u2004
04-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Woms Apology to Orc

Dear Orc,
Words cannot begin to express how sorry I am that your feelings were severely damaged by my woefully under appreciated prank.
How could I have known that the priceless collection of Rolling Rock beer cans that you have collected over the years would be discarded because everyone blamed you for snoring.
You must understand that it was all meant in fun. The subsequent carnage that you caused is beyond my ability to comprehend, and even tho it was because of my dishonesty, the ripped curtains....the broken crockery....the golf balls in the Chicken Surprise, they are all of your doing.
And I must therefore humbly ask your forgiveness. I know that you are perfectly within your rights to gouge out my eyes with spoons and feed them to the fish in your koi pond, but I ask you to remember all the good times we've had, joshing around at the municipal jail, and to remember that I am first and foremost your only possible match should you ever need a bone marrow transplant.

Sincerely,
Wombat

cassiesmom
04-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Oh, good, the bar is still open. Could I have ginger ale, please? I've got a serious headache.

Pinot's Mom
04-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Such a hearwarming apology, Wom!!

I'll take a diet ginger myself, please, with vodka in it. Thanks, barkeep! Pinot and LOK would like some nip tea if the Orc didn't dip into it! ;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Hi guys,

Thought I would join in. I have some ginger lemincello tea if any one would like some.

That was a very nice apology Wom, I didn't know Orc had a match for bone marrow transplant.

Little Orange Kitty you've grown so big since the last time I was here. At least you don't ambush Lady when she comes in from outside.

wombat2u2004
04-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I didn't know Orc had a match for bone marrow transplant.

LOH......yes, it has been perfectly matched with a very small bone of mine. It's in one of my toes I think. :D
Yep, dump the ginger lemincello tea on the bar, we'll all get into that. :p
And you can tell LH that a box of drink umbrellas and plastic seahorses arrived today, so he can drink in style.

Elyse.....a ginger ale for you. And would you like a Mcheadache pill ??
I just picked some up down at Ronny McDonny's.

Maggie.....one diet ginger with vodka coming up. Sorry, no ice, Orc has been making an igloo in the corner with it again.

Pinot and LOK......nip tea ??? No probs. There you go, two nip teas. Enjoy.