PDA

View Full Version : Babies at Quakerbridge Plaza!!!

momcat
03-30-2011, 03:19 PM
The animal lovers here at work are all excited. This afternoon a cat gave birth to her 6 kittens right here in our office courtyard. Mommycat had her babies in a pile of leaves along our building. She did a great job of cleaning them then nursed them (a very good sign). The babies are beautiful, appear to be healthy, and are so tiny! Mommycat has eaten a whole can of food along with some dry kibble all the while staying between us and her newborns.

Two workers here do rescue and foster. Mommycat let Jamie pet her and finally pick her up. Mommycat watched and didn't object when Danni carefully picked each baby up and gently placed them in a box then covered them with a towel to keep them warm. We could hear them crying for their mommy who went to the box and nuzzled them.

Nobody knows where Mommycat came from but we think she has had human contact. She's very friendly but the poor kitty is so hungry. Fortunately Danni had plenty of food in her car, in her words "When you do rescue you always have these things around."

This brand new kitty family is on their way to Jamie's house now where they'll be warm and safe. Later this afternoon Mommycat and her newborns will move to the no kill shelter that Jamie fosters for.

I hope all of you will join me in extending a very special PT thank you to Jamie and Danni. Both of these fine ladies made sure the babies were safe while tending to Mommycat's needs. The care and love Jamie and Danni gave to the new family during all of this came through loud and clear.

Jamie and Danni, I'm proud to say I know both of you. Thank you and bless both of you for helping this beautiful new kitty family. Because of you, these precious lives got off to a positive start :love: :love:

Karen
03-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Awwww, thanks, ladies! Mama kitty sure picked the right spot to have her kittens, and they are all now on the way to better futures.

cassiesmom
03-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Awww, happy Birth Day, kittens and bravo, kitten and mommycat rescuers! Mommycat knew where to go to deliver her kittens!

lvpets2002
03-30-2011, 04:22 PM
:love: Same here.. Woo Hoo your a Auntie now.. Many Congrats..

Awww, happy Birth Day, kittens and bravo, kitten and mommycat rescuers! Mommycat knew where to go to deliver her kittens!

pomtzu
03-30-2011, 04:31 PM
That's great. All kitties (and puppies too), should be as lucky as this Momma and her babies. Kudos to all involved that made this happen. :love:

phesina
03-30-2011, 06:20 PM
Congratulations to Mommycat on the birth of her beautiful babies, and thank you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! to Jamie and Danni and all of you who have brought about this blessed event in health and safety.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

catmandu
03-31-2011, 09:27 AM
I pray that Thomasina will find the right place like Mommy Cat to have her Babies.
Imagine having Kittens surrounded by Cat Lovers.:love::love::love:

momcat
03-31-2011, 11:12 AM
We got an update from Danni this morning.....

"The mama and kittens are fine. We brought them to my friend's rescue in North Jersey, Friends of Wayne Animals. I adopted my cat from them and they are wonderful people who will be taking good care of all of them.

Here is their information if anyone wants it:

http://members.petfinder.com/~NJ26/FOWA.html"

momcat
04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
I talked to Danni earlier today. Mommycat and her babies are doing great. When they got to Jamie's place Mommycat rolled over to nurse the little ones. It didn't take long for the kitties to relax and settle in. They continue to do well at the rescue. Mommycat is very attentive and is taking very good care of the babies.
Danni said she'll give me updates on how the babies are growing and how Mommycat is doing.