PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use Quickbooks on more than 1 computer?

Catty1
03-29-2011, 03:18 PM
I just had a second visit to a place that has 4 networked computers. 3 are Windows 7 and one is Windows XP. The XP one is connected to the network wirelessly.

Long story short, all the computers are "seeing" each other again, but the XP computer still cannot get updated Quickbooks files from the Windows 7 host computer (QB host).

The document that the bookkeeper opens is dated for today's date but displays no information past January 31.

They are checking with Quickbooks now...the owner doesn't like spending 6 hours on tech support, but that's ok. I just wanted to check here too.

Thanks.:)

blue
03-30-2011, 03:47 AM
Did they upgrade QB recently?

Catty1
03-30-2011, 10:47 AM
blue, they say the only thing they did was get new printers last November, which is around the time the problem started. An update keeps appearing, but they didn't install it (it is for payroll and merchant services, neither of which they use). They had "update" confused with "upgrade".

The XP computer is connected wirelessly - the other three are cabled into the Linksys router (a G router) and are Windows 7. Only the one computer that is the QB "host" and the XP computer can't share the program as they did. All computers on the network now appear on each computer. Thing is, when the bookeeper opens QB on her computer, she still gets the old data, not the updated stuff from the host computer.

They will need to contact QB to figure this out, I think. And that update may need to be installed.