PDA

View Full Version : Back home and now a new addition!

Lilith Cherry
03-27-2011, 11:56 AM
We arrived home from our trip to China on Wednesday and had Ben home within two hours --- the house felt empty without him, lol! I think he was pleased to see us as we were to see him but he had had a fine old time where he was staying with six other dos to play with! His minder, Janet, co-runs the rescue we got him from. He also got a haircut while we were away so looks very handsome!

On Saturday John and I went to volunteer at an adoption event in a nearby town, helping to handle the dogs for adoption and sell doggy things from the stall. It was a big success and there were five shelters there showing dogs. The rescue we were supporting had a new dog looking for a foster home (they all live in foster homes as we dont have a kennel.) One new dog was slightly different as she is around fourteen years old and not perhaps likely to get adopted at her time of life. She is a very loving miniature poodle who was found trying to shelter under a truck in the Montreal midwinter and had a huge growth on her side which has been removed by the vet and luckily was benign. She took an instant liking to my husband ( for some reason most dogs do, lol) and spent most of the day curled up on his knee except for the occasional bathroom break! We have brought her home as a foster which will most likely be for the rest of her days. She is very friendly and apart from telling Ben his nose was cold when he sniffed a little too long , is getting along well with both our other pets! Napoleon has given her a few kisses and seems to accept her very well and Ben seems happy enough as long as he still gets his fair share of cuddles and treats, lol. He is still king of the big bed as she is too small and old to climb up on it and has a cosy comfy dogbed of her own which she prefers anyway. As she is a little incontinent I am pleased about that... easier to clean up the mistakes .

I have posted some pictures of "Precious" ( Hey I didn't name her but she is a treasure!) and some of Ben with his newest toy.

Karen
03-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Precious! Your name suits you well!

chocolatepuppy
03-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Aww, Precious is indeed precious! Welcome to PT Precious!:love:

pomtzu
03-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Yes - she certainly is a precious Precious!!!! ;) Kudos to you for giving this little sweetheart a loving home. I agree, she will probably live out her days with you, but you really wouldn't want to give her up anyway - now would you??? :p

Please deliver kisses to Precious, and the rest of the furkids too! :love:

Freedom
03-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed the trip; missed you (and Ben) around here!

Aw, Precious selected her foster pawrents, isn't that amazing?! She is sweet, and sounds like she has the personality to match. Glad Napoleon and Ben are OK w/ her, lol.

Ben, what a fun new toy! Don't wear it out in one day!

Craftlady
03-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Congrats! she is a doll :)

lizbud
03-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Welcome back.:) I am so glad you decided to give Precious a home. Poor
thing, to be homeless and alone at her age.:( I'm glad Ben is ok having her there too.:)

Lilith Cherry
03-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks everyone! Precious and Ben are both snuggling with John having been fed and feeling happy! She is indeed a welcome little lady and we hope she will stay with a very long time (If anyone did apply to adopt her I already know they would be pipped at the post by John, LOL)

It is nice to be home even though I enjoyed the China trip immensely!:)

cassiesmom
03-27-2011, 09:41 PM
You had me at "One new dog..."

Welcome home and welcome to PT, Precious! You are very precious!

K9karen
03-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Welcome Home and back to PT!

As for Precious...well.. she haas the perfect name! She looks awesome for her age (a wish we humans all have). She sounds like a living doll! I'm glad she and Ben get along. Thank you SO much for giving her a wonderful home!