PDA

View Full Version : Geico commercial - dog chasing cat

happylabs
03-26-2011, 05:29 AM
Okay I generally dislike Geico commercials BIG time but they have a funny one on now. Dog and Cat each driving a car, dog chasing cat.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uzFLWYF5hQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And by the way, Geico is a rip off. They quoted me a "lower" price for my car insurance. Luckily I was paying attention. It sounded lower, however, the quote was for 6 months and not a year!

pomtzu
03-26-2011, 05:59 AM
And by the way, Geico is a rip off. They quoted me a "lower" price for my car insurance. Luckily I was paying attention. It sounded lower, however, the quote was for 6 months and not a year!

Geico had in the past had some funny commercials, just like Progressive, but now they both are scraping the bottom of the barrel for new ideas. The dog and cat is cute tho.

Geico and Progressive are both ripoffs! They both operate the same way. It's "buyer beware" with both of them! :mad:

Freedom
03-26-2011, 08:35 AM
That is a great one! :D

Yup, I called them eyars ago and found the same thing -- a 6 month quite. :eek:

happylabs
03-26-2011, 09:12 AM
That is a great one! :D

Yup, I called them eyars ago and found the same thing -- a 6 month quite. :eek:

I just laughed at the guy on the phone when he gave me the quote. He was so serious even when I told him it was almost double what I was paying.

Thankfully they stopped sending me advertisements weekly via snail mail. I get so tired of junk mail!

catmandu
03-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Thats a funny ad, it is the shame that it is in the aid of a somewhat dodgy company:(

chocolatepuppy
03-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Cute commercial!:D I've had Allstate for years. Wanted to save money. Called a local insurance agent, who goes through Progressive and was not impressed.:rolleyes: The service I get from Allstate is above and beyond. Don't know if other companies can match it.:confused:

mrspunkysmom
03-26-2011, 10:16 AM
I've been with State Farm for years. I was with Geico but switched when I had an accident. I've not always been pleased , but that was due to agents and not the company. I find a better agent.

I've been accident free so long and have most of my services with them including my car loan, that my costs would skyrocket were I to switch.

I do like most of the Geico commercials. If I have to watch commercials I'd rather be entertained.

pomtzu
03-26-2011, 10:34 AM
I've been with Hartford thru AARP for several years now, and when my rates went up last year, I got some quotes from other companies. At first I thought Progressive was a great deal, until I started reading feedback from other people. They use parts from junked cars for any repairs, they turn down claims - claiming they are falsified, they raise rates with no explanation, they drop you for no reason, etc, etc and on and on. If you sign up with them on line, you get a $50 credit for signing on line, but what they don't tell you, is that they charge it back to you in 6 months when you get your next billing. WOW - now isn't that a bargain????

Found out that my rate increase was an across the board raise that my state imposed on everyone, so stayed with Hartford. Hartford's billing is once a year, and I'm guaranteed a no cancellation policy. I previously was with State Farm, but their rates got too high to suit me, and I carry full coverage on my car.

maerlyn
03-26-2011, 10:48 AM
I can't stand the guy at the beginning of this commercial, but I like the cat and dog.
As for the insurance: I've compared my rates many times with many companies, and they all do that: give the quote for 6 months. I even tried AARP, figuring they'd certainly be lower. Nope. Almost twice what I was paying. Insurance is a necessary evil, if you ask me. And as much as I love cats, I'm not buying Geico just because of the cat!:rolleyes:

kokopup
03-26-2011, 11:18 AM
I think in general Insurance companies as an industry have the best commercials. Of these GEICO definitely leads with the most imaginative. I think a commercial is ineffective if you do not tie a product with the dialog. There are hundreds of commercials out that I have no idea what product they represent.

I have had Allstate since buying my first new car around 50 Years ago. Back then Allstate also did car loans. After signing up for loan and insurance and driving for a month they came back and said they could not insure me. It turns out they couldn't find a neighbor that knew me, so they said I was Unstable. I lived in Navy housing so your neighbor changed every other day. After explaining my situation they changed their minds, and I have had insurance with them since then. During my years in Europe I retained insurance even though I didn't have a car in US. In Europe insurance is very high for expatriates. Allstate sent them a letter of recommendation so I ended up saving BIG time.

happylabs
03-26-2011, 11:51 AM
I have found staying with the same company for over 10 years has been beneficial to me. Reputable big company name in Pennsylvania. They have been good to me. I have checked other companies and no one can compare. Dad has had Allstate insurance for as long as I can remember. I got my first license in 1979 and he had Allstate then.

Yea...I wouldn't buy anything because of a commercial LOL!

pomtzu
03-26-2011, 02:24 PM
I can't stand the guy at the beginning of this commercial, but I like the cat and dog.
As for the insurance: I've compared my rates many times with many companies, and they all do that: give the quote for 6 months. I even tried AARP, figuring they'd certainly be lower. Nope. Almost twice what I was paying. Insurance is a necessary evil, if you ask me. And as much as I love cats, I'm not buying Geico just because of the cat!:rolleyes:

Strange. AARP only offers Hartford as a motor vehicle insurer, and their rates and/or quotes are on a 12 month basis. :confused: I saved several hundred $$$ when I went with them and even got better coverage than I had with State Farm (which was full coverage also), and I had been with State Farm for 35+ years and never had an accident or a claim.

Scooter's Mom
03-26-2011, 06:29 PM
I've had State Farm since I turned 18 and started driving. (I didn't drive before that) I had one agent from 18-26 when I moved out of the Houston area into the Phoenix area. I've had the same agent since I moved out here in January 1999 and she is fabulous!

Hubby called me in to the front room to watch this commercial yesterday. It's really cute!

katladyd
03-27-2011, 02:58 AM
I have to disagree with you all about Geico! I only pay $25.00 per month for GREAT covererage. I have been with them for years and my premiums have never increased. Once at work, my emergency break gave out and my car rolled back into another one. They had it all settled within an hour. They were prompt, easy to do business with, AND MY PREMIUM DID NOT GO UP! I'm sticking with them. They are the BEST!!! I've had State Farm and some others and they never were there when I needed them and they were way more expensive!

cheche
03-27-2011, 11:38 AM
I agree with Kokopup about commercials not making any sense and so many of them that you have no idea what product was involved. Why do so many companies do this?? Isn't the idea to sell their products?

As for the insurance companies, all of them are out to make money (their share holders demand it). We have found that staying faithful to a company is usually the best policy. I live in Canada and I think our industry is governed differently.

dehlers43
03-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Insurance rates vary wildly - it all depends on where you live......

katladyd
03-27-2011, 05:22 PM
It's not just the price that I love about Geico, it's their customer service. Allstate had the representative that was NEVER at his desk when I phoned. My State Farm premium went up every six months by about $20, just for fun, I suppose.
Geico ALWAYS answers my calls, lets me pay late sometimes without a single penalty (sometimes I forget), and lets me pay by phone WITHOUT PUTTING ME ON HOLD! If you like your insurance company, stay with them. But I have never paid more than $25 per month, no premium increases, and their service is fantastic! Can you tell I like them just a little?

pomtzu
03-27-2011, 06:27 PM
It's not just the price that I love about Geico, it's their customer service. Allstate had the representative that was NEVER at his desk when I phoned. My State Farm premium went up every six months by about $20, just for fun, I suppose.
Geico ALWAYS answers my calls, lets me pay late sometimes without a single penalty (sometimes I forget), and lets me pay by phone WITHOUT PUTTING ME ON HOLD! If you like your insurance company, stay with them. But I have never paid more than $25 per month, no premium increases, and their service is fantastic! Can you tell I like them just a little?

I can't imagine $25 a month for car insurance anywhere - let alone Los Angeles! Do you have an older car and only carry liability on it? That would explain a lower rate, but even $25 sounds way too low for that even.

I keep full coverage (by choice) on my 2003 vehicle (which is paid for, no leins) and pay about $75 per month. I am retired, drive far less than 5000 miles per year, no violations of any kind on my driver's license, never had an accident that was my fault, never made a claim on my policy, live in a rural area and not in the city or high crime rate area, and when I got a quote from Geico and Progressive, both were lower than what I am paying, but a far cry from $25. I'm stumped on that one....:confused: