PDA

View Full Version : Natural remedy to help with arthritis...

moosmom
03-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Golden raisins (HAVE to be golden raisins) soaked in gin. Yup, that's right. No, I haven't tried it and won't. Because...1. I'm in recovery and 2. I hate Gin!! My friends who are trying it say they've felt a difference and no, you can't taste the gin in the raisins.

I guess I'll have to take their word on that one. Anyone else here try it???

pomtzu
03-25-2011, 07:45 AM
My DIL's aunt was going to try it - don't know if she ever did. I LMAO when I heard about it - thought it was another one of her looney notions that she's known for. So I Googled it - and it's for real. Most people say they get some degree of pain relief, but this woman thought she was going to get a total cure. :eek: That won't happen..........:(

moosmom
03-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Ellie,

It may not cure it, but it'll sure make waiting for the pain to go away more fun!!! A little gin for the raisins, a little gin for meeeee, a little MORE gin for meeeee!!!!! LOL

pomtzu
03-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Ellie,

It may not cure it, but it'll sure make waiting for the pain to go away more fun!!! A little gin for the raisins, a little gin for meeeee, a little MORE gin for meeeee!!!!! LOL

LOL!!!
I've read the recipes on line, and you let the gin soak into the raisins and the rest just evaporates. Then pack the raisins in an airtight container. If I remember correctly, you only eat 10 raisins per day, so I don't imagine you could get tipsy on that. Guess that's why I never tried it.....:eek::p:D

happylabs
03-25-2011, 11:44 AM
LOL! Sounds like an "old wives tale". Are you sure they aren't just forgetting about the pain after eating the drunken raisins? :D

smokey the elder
03-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Yuck. Gin is vile. Now raisins soaked in rum....:p

pomtzu
03-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Yuck. Gin is vile. Now raisins soaked in rum....:p

Hmmm - I wonder if rum-raisin ice cream would work??? I could pig out big time on that! :D Don't expect it would help my arthritis any tho......:( DARN!!!!

wombat2u2004
03-25-2011, 07:41 PM
**HIC** Nice try Donna, but I just fell over. :p

Medusa
03-26-2011, 07:08 AM
As long as I can't taste the gin, I'd be willing to give it a whirl. My hands are beginning to look like gnarly tree branches.

moosmom
03-26-2011, 07:41 AM
If you do try it, Mary, let me know if you notice anything (besides perhaps, a hangover!!!:p )

pomtzu
03-26-2011, 08:06 AM
As long as I can't taste the gin, I'd be willing to give it a whirl. My hands are beginning to look like gnarly tree branches.

These are gnarly tree branches. See what you have to look forward to. :(

Lilith Cherry
03-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Pomtzu, my hands look a lot like yours do - ouch! Keep moving your fingers as much as possible Mary and keep them warm!