PDA

View Full Version : Stand or Sit?

Taz_Zoee
03-24-2011, 10:54 PM
My dogs have to sit and wait until I say OK before they can eat. I've noticed Zoee pops back up on all fours to eat while Taggart keeps his butt where it is and just eats like that. He is one of those dogs that usually sits kinda sideways like on his hip (see the pic attached).

How does your dog(s) eat?

cassiesmom
03-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Hi, Taggart! You're so handsome!

Karen
03-25-2011, 12:04 AM
All the dogs I have fed stood back up to eat, now that I think of it!

luvofallhorses
03-25-2011, 12:37 AM
Standing up. My Rottweiler mix Jenny (RIP) always layed down to eat because she had bad hips.

SWHouston
03-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Mine both stand...

But it's because they take turns. One moves back and chews
while the other gets a fresh bite, then he moves back.
The bowl is actually big enough for both to eat at the same
time.

This started when My Female Becca arrived (as a puppy).
She is My Male's Sister (a couple Liters difference).
So, he would let "his" puppy take a bite, then get one for himself,
and it's been like that ever since.

I've had people comment on how polite they are with each other...
OHHH if they only knew !!! :eek:

pomtzu
03-25-2011, 06:37 AM
Both of mine stand to eat - always.

When Sparky pulls his finicky act, he will lay down in front of the bowl and stare at it - like he's thinking "not THAT again". Eventually he will realize that it's eat what's in the bowl or go hungry. When he doesn't eat it, he gets it for the next meal! :p

Myndi has a silly little ritual - I think it's senility setting in. :p She will check out what's in the bowl, then jump back and bark at it. She does this 2 or 3 times before she finally eats it. Silly dog. ;)

BTW Cindy - Sparky is a hip sitter too.

chocolatepuppy
03-25-2011, 06:41 AM
Mine both stand to eat. I had a dog years ago, RB Ginger would sometimes lay in front of the bowl to eat and
when RB Laceys legs got bad she would lay down to eat sometimes.

Freedom
03-25-2011, 07:16 AM
Lacey sits to eat. The others stand.

fritz03
03-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Heidi stands to eat her food,so did Fritz and Ruffles our first dog also stood to eat.

Roxyluvsme13
03-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Lily stands to eat, though she takes it out of the bowl and carries it off to eat it LOL.

IRescue452
03-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Mine also must sit before I fill the dish. Autumn and Nay stand to eat. Wallace doesn't seem to have a preference as to what position he's in. Sometimes he'll be laying in the front but have his butt up in the air. He's like those kids who stick their tongues out when they color pictures.

Mooshi
03-25-2011, 09:34 PM
titan eats while moving around the bowl never stays in one place
blaze lays down while eating here's a picture of her doing it lol

Alysser
03-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Mikey stands when he eats. He shows he's hungry by lying down with his face in the bowl. We have posture dishes now, so he just cries in the kitchen LOL.