PDA

View Full Version : insulin shots

davidpizzica
03-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I now have to get insulin shots. My sugar count seemed like it was on a roller coaster ride. I'm not too thrilled and the doc isn't happy about me controlling the sugar this way, but it the shots seem to be working. Maybe it's a sign that my diabetes is getting a little worse, but hopefully it'll come back into the normal range soon.

Karen
03-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Hey, better to get in under control than lose sight, toes or any of the other consequences!

Freedom
03-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Careful w/ the insulin, you don't want to take too much at one time.

Taz_Zoee
03-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Watch your diet closely, and exercise as much as possible. Walking is even good.
My dad is on the highest dose of insulin and still has problems. But that's because he doesn't monitor his diet. And since he's retired he gets practically NO exercise. At least when he was working he HAD to walk around.

I've seen people on Biggest Loser get completely off their medication with the diet and exercise. And this is people of varying ages.

Best of luck to you! I know I can sit here and tell you what to do, but I probably wouldn't even take my own advice. :p

Lilith Cherry
03-25-2011, 04:26 AM
David, the insulin shots are really not too bad to deal with and you will soon get used to regulating your sugar that way. I have been doing it for yeas now and, as long as I am reasonably careful what I eat and not to be too lazy I get along fine. Good luck!:)

moosmom
03-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Ouch!! Well David, consider this. At least they are getting the diabetes under control and the needles are SO small you can hardly feel it. Better than an 18 gauge needle. Those suckers are INTIMIDATING!!!!

Hugs, Donna

davidpizzica
03-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Careful w/ the insulin, you don't want to take too much at one time.

I am, Freedom. The doc and the nurses here know exactly the dosage to give me and monitor my progress. That's the advantage of being in an assisted living home.