PDA

View Full Version : Four Hundred Twenty Two Thursdays!!

gini
03-24-2011, 01:27 PM
This must be the best bar to be open that many Thursdays!! Now what is that noise in the L & F? Do I really HAVE to go back there and find out?

I will just pretend I don't hear anything and serve up some lunch - how about some beef stew and homemade bisquits?

Karen
03-24-2011, 01:30 PM
I do miss beef stew, that'd be excellent, as it is chilly and we have some air snow today - doesn't accumulate, just makes snow-haters grumpy when they see it in the air.

So as the food in this bar is allergen-free and calorie free, I'll have a big bowl of beef stew, please!

In real life, I'm allergic to almost everything - the beef, carrots, garlic, celery and all - that beef stew has in it, so I'd end up with just potatoes and onions. Not as exciting.

moosmom
03-24-2011, 01:59 PM
I'll take a double vodka martini with LOTS of olives and a big bowl of chili with french bread and I'll love you forever!!!!

Pinot's Mom
03-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Biscuits with beef stew on top! Excellent, thanks! A nice big glass of red wine would be nice, too! :)

We're off to the Big Apple in the morning!

gini
03-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I will wave my magic wand and "swoosh" that bowl is no longer filled with beef stew but great chili with some french bread on the side.........and a lovely double vodka martini drowning in olives. And oh gosh, Donna, (blushes) you don't really have to love me forever:D:D

Karen, no allergies allowed in here - so eat to your hearts content!!

Have a great time in the Big Apple, Pinot's Mom - I have a lovely niece that lives there now.

See you in the morning!!:love::love:

moosmom
03-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Oh Gini, but I will!!!!

slick
03-27-2011, 01:17 AM
Gosh, Thursday, 422. I've been gone for awhile. Am I still welcome here??:o

I would love some chili with bread on the side. As well may I have a bloody mary with a twist of lemon??? thanks.

I wonder how Richard is? or where he is and if he's OK?

pomtzu
03-27-2011, 06:43 AM
I wonder how Richard is? or where he is and if he's OK?

I believe he said he had to be out of the house by 3/20, so maybe he's making the rounds and visiting those that matter to him, before he heads to Kentucky. Just a guess............:confused:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-27-2011, 05:49 PM
OOPS! I missed the opening of the bar. I was looking for numbers like 422 not words. :D Yeah, I'm spoiled and lazy!!!

Just grabbing a cherry rootbeer this evening. Sundays always depress me any more and with Winnie still hopping around 3 footed, it's more depressing than usual. She did put the foot to the floor briefly this afternoon though to chase Chester threw the house. :D

gini
03-28-2011, 10:42 AM
I just couldn't make it to Thursdays over the weekend. But here I am and I have cleaned up just a little. Slick, you silly goose, you are a founding member of Thursdays - how could you ever NOT be welcome here?

I brought some fresh cinnamon buns and hot coffee and Slick, I see you left some Bailey's for us - so everyone help yourselves and lets get a
good week started for all of us!!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Grabbing another cherry root beer, this time adding some gin!!! Also getting 6 catnip teas for my brats. Winnie specially needs some today. :love:

gini
03-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Gin and Cherry Rootbeer - oh my MOFF that is some combination and it ought to do something for you - or you won't remember why!! Ha!!

I'm bringing a platter of sandwiches and chips for lunch..........see you later.

pomtzu
03-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Grabbing another cherry root beer, this time adding some gin!!! Also getting 6 catnip teas for my brats. Winnie specially needs some today. :love:

Winnie could probably use a splash of gin in her tea! ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Winnie could probably use a splash of gin in her tea! ;)

I think she may have been nipping the gin or catnip. All she has done all day is sleep in the kitchen sink. Well, she did eat breakfast but has been in the sink the rest of the time. Maybe the cool metal makes her feel better. :love:

davidpizzica
03-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Hi, Gini! I know I've been A. W. O . L. for a good while, but does Orc still need a good wrangler to keep him in check? Right a coffee & Bailey's will do, I can get it myself. BTW, I'm still doing pretty good healthwise here at Concordia.

Karen
03-30-2011, 07:19 PM
We are facing a major storm at the end of the week, but today was warm enough so that I bagged a bunch of sticks that various storms knocked down over the winter. They'll make good kindling for a fire for Thursdays 423, I'll just set them here by the door to the L & F.

Time for a nice pot of tea, anyone want some? I have some scrumptious Cardamom/Cinnamon stuff from The Republic of tea - it is so fragrant that even opening the container makes me smile. Some biscuits would be nice wit it, or maybe shortbreads, I'll see what's in the pantry, and make some to share.

gini
03-30-2011, 08:13 PM
I will sit down and put my feet up for a few - end of a long day - the tea and bisquits sound yummy.

Who is going to open the bar next week? I hope they bring in some good home cooked food and special beverages...........ha ha

(and maybe some peeps??)

Karen
03-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Oh, Gini - I looked more carefully, and found the "use by" date on those peeps from the pantry - it was back in 2007! I assure you, while the outside is good and crunchy, I am sure the inside is, too. I poked them through the plastic, and they are rock hard. Will I be forgiven for giving them a proper disposal, or should I send them West to you? ;)

RedHedd
03-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Sunny and hot here today. Time for the fro yo! :cool: