PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray for Winnie - pics added on post 65

momoffuzzyfaces
03-21-2011, 09:03 AM
We are getting ready to go to the vet. Somehow she managed to pull a big heavy 3 step stepstool out from between the wall and my dryer this morning. Now she can't straighten out her left paw or walk on it. I'm so afraid it's broken. :(

Katelf
03-21-2011, 09:05 AM
:love: I hope all goes well at the vet. You are in my thoughts. :love:

Randi
03-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Oh poor Winnie. :( You know, she might have tried to help you get to the treats, MOFF. I wish you all the best at the vets! :love:

catmandu
03-21-2011, 09:24 AM
All Our Pryaers are going to Winnie,that if there is a break that it is a clean one and easily healed.:love::love:
Cats do the oddest things, that is why they are Cats.:confused::confused:

Taz_Zoee
03-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Oh Winnie! What were you doing?? I hope she just sprained or bruised it and will be better soon.

momcat
03-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh no! Not our Winnie!!! Prayers are being prayed that this is nothing serious and Winnie will be back to her usual sweet self in no time. Please give her some gentle, comforting lovies from me? Let us know what the vet says?

kittycats_delight
03-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Oh pretty Winnie whatever were you thinking and where did you get the strength to pull out that step stool? Have you been taking lessons for the nawtee 2some?

All paws, whiskers, fingers & toes crossed that Winnie didn't break any of her little pawsies or toes. Maybe it is just sore and bruised. Good Luck at the vet. Let us know what the verdict is.

((((HUGS))))) from Michelle & the furkids.

gini
03-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Oh Moff, how I hope that it isn't broken. Whatever was she trying to do?
Our babies sure make us worry.

astrid
03-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Oh no! What were you doing sweet Winnie? :( We hope it's nothing serious.
Love and prayers for her :love:

Karen
03-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Silly Winnie, now you've got a hurt paw, and a scared mommy! Step stools are for humans! We hope the White Coats can help and your little paw feels better soon!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-21-2011, 11:35 AM
We are home!!! She just has a badly brused paw. The vet felt up and down both front paws and winnie just looked at her. So the vet put her down to watch her walk. Winnie did put a bit of weight on her paw but mostly hid under the chair.

She got a shot for pain and the vet says she should be better in a day or two.

I was so scared!!! For the life of me, I can't figure out how she could have moved that step ladder. I can hardly drag it. One thing for sure, I'm taking it out of there.

We thank you all so much for the prayers. I'm sure they helped!!! Winnie sends you all big smoochies for them too!!! :love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Phew!!! I'm so glad to hear that she didn't break anything and that she should be fine in a few days.:) I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

gini
03-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Phew is right! Winnie, I am so glad that your paw isn't broken. You gave your Mom quite a worry. Be a good girl now, stay quiet and let your bruised paw heal.

Taz_Zoee
03-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Oh thank goodness!! Now Winnie, you be careful little girl. :)

phesina
03-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Oh, what good news that this wasn't anything more serious and she will be better in a day or two!

Prayers of gratitude and healing for both Winnie and you, MOFF.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

kuhio98
03-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Gentle kisses on your boo-boo paw.
So glad to hear it's not broken. :love::love::love:

cassiesmom
03-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Big, BIG prayers and smooches for Winnie! :love:

Anikaca77
03-21-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm glad she is ok.

Melissa

Grace
03-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Just reading this now - so very glad it was nothing more serious.

Catty1
03-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Just read this - whew! Good news! She will be back to whacking Chip in no time (to protect her daughter ;) ).

kaycountrygal
03-21-2011, 01:50 PM
I am so glad Winnie didnt have a broken paw and I know you are relieved. More than likely she will be much better in a few days. I declare; what can't our cats get into or do?!! They really are curious creatures, arent they? You know the old sayings... "curiousity killed the cat" and "cats have nine lives". Just shaking my head thinking about cats.... Kay in NC

momoffuzzyfaces
03-21-2011, 02:31 PM
I am so glad Winnie didnt have a broken paw and I know you are relieved. More than likely she will be much better in a few days. I declare; what can't our cats get into or do?!! They really are curious creatures, arent they? You know the old sayings... "curiousity killed the cat" and "cats have nine lives". Just shaking my head thinking about cats.... Kay in NC

I'm glad they have nine lives. I think I lost a year off mine this morning.
I shooed all the others out of the kitchen to give Winnie some peace and quiet. I just peeked in on her. She is sleeping on the washing machine. She did allow a tummy rub. Still won't put weight on her paw so she seems able to jump with just three. She is snoozing tummy up on the washing machine now. :love:

astrid
03-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Hey Winnie,
I'm glad your paw isn't broken, now be careful honey cause next month it's the Royal Wedding and we don't wanna miss you there :o
Take care and try not to scare us like that, ok? See you soon!

Purrs,
Sophie

ChrisH
03-21-2011, 04:07 PM
So glad to hear no bones are broken. Prayers on the way that Winnie will soon be walking fine on all four paws.

sasvermont
03-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I am happy she didn't break anything. Aren't cats a mess when it comes to getting themselves into difficult situations? They always have their little pawsies in something!

I am glad you didn't have to pay for a broken foot!
:D

Pinot's Mom
03-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Oh, I just saw this, I'm so sorry Winnie had an accident! Winnie dear please be more careful!:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Winnie must be feeling a bit better. She is starting to use her paw a bit. I saw her stretching it out to touch things and then washing it. She even managed to cuff Angel on the ear before giving that ear a washing. :D

I just deslove in a puddle of tears watching her. We've come along way, Winnie and I, since the time she was a cranky maniac cat.

I took the stepladder out of the kitchen.

I did have to put something in that space though. I left it bare and what did I see? Chip went behind the dryer and came out pulling the wires from the dryer vent hose with him. they distroyed that months ago.

So, I put an old folded up card table in that space. It's not real heavy and since it's wedged between the wall and dryer and not top heavy, it should stay put. (crosses fingers)

Thank you all again for all the prayers and support. :love:

Edwina's Secretary
03-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Dear Winnie,

Please! Paws are precious...

Poetically,

Edwina:love:

katladyd
03-22-2011, 02:23 AM
I haven't had a chance to answer this until now. I am so glad dear Winnie didn't break her paw. Give her lots of pets and tummy rubs from me. Feel better soon, pretty girl!:love:

pomtzu
03-22-2011, 06:20 AM
So glad that the pawsie isn't broken. Can't imagine how a little cat managed to get that stepstool out! :confused: I have a folding stepstool between the washer and wall, and it's a snug fit, and no way the pups or kits could get it out - even if they decided to try.

Medusa
03-22-2011, 07:01 AM
I'm just now seeing this. Thank goodness Winnie's paw isn't broken. Honestly, the things that our furkids manage to do to themselves. (and us :eek: ) Now you can exhale. LOL

Felicia's Mom
03-22-2011, 07:07 AM
I just read this; I'm glad Winnie is o.k.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-22-2011, 09:13 AM
So glad that the pawsie isn't broken. Can't imagine how a little cat managed to get that stepstool out! :confused: I have a folding stepstool between the washer and wall, and it's a snug fit, and no way the pups or kits could get it out - even if they decided to try.

That's the way mine was and what I thought too! Never underestimate a determined kitty!!! :love:

Winnie's little pawsie is swollen up at the joint some this morning. That must be where the ladder landed on her and why she holds the paw limp there. She still manages to jump on and off things though and ate a good breakfast. She was washing that paw a bit ago and used it a bit to wash her face.
I just feel so guilty!!! :(:love:

lvpets2002
03-22-2011, 12:38 PM
:love: Oh My my I am just now reading this.. I am so so Glad Winnie is to be alright.. Heal real fast baby girl.. Bigg Huggss & Lots of Prayers coming your way.. Oh yes do limp some & meowmom will gives you extra treats..;)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Winnie still not able to use her paw. She was up on the washer last night and chip jumped up beside her. She fell over on that arm/paw and cried a bit. Of course I cried too. :(

She is getting around lots better on 3 feet today. She got back on the washer and I was petting her. When I asked how her paw was, she stuck it out like, "yes, you may give it a kiss". So I did!!! :love:

Taz_Zoee
03-23-2011, 12:57 PM
When I asked how her paw was, she stuck it out like, "yes, you may give it a kiss". So I did!!! :love:

Awww, poor baby girl. :( I hope she starts to feel better soon.

And please do not feel guilty. Kitties will be kitties. We all know how much you love all of them and would never want to harm them.

slick
03-23-2011, 02:29 PM
MOFF, I have read your emails and have been praying for the past two days for widdle Winnie. I'm sure her widdle pawsie will be tender for some time. That must have scared her.....

momoffuzzyfaces
03-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Thank you all. I did sneak in and spy on Winnie when she was using the litter box. She used her bum paw to gently scoop litter over her business so she is starting to use it a bit. :love:

cassiesmom
03-23-2011, 03:14 PM
I lighted a candle for Winnie...

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=12964549

momoffuzzyfaces
03-23-2011, 06:02 PM
I lighted a candle for Winnie...

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=12964549

That was so sweet of you. We both thank you and Winnie sends you a big kissie!!! :love:

lvpets2002
03-24-2011, 10:07 AM
:love: How is our wittle Winnie today?? I sure hope she is doing much better with the paw.. Poor girl.. She needs extra treats & huggss..

momoffuzzyfaces
03-24-2011, 12:21 PM
:love: How is our wittle Winnie today?? I sure hope she is doing much better with the paw.. Poor girl.. She needs extra treats & huggss..

I'm not really sure how she is. She still won't even try and put wieght on her paw. I did see her use it to cover up her business in the litter box last night and she washed her face with it this morning. She doesn't seem to be in pain. She lets me rub her paw and leg gently but if she bumps it she cries a bit. Usually she doesn't bump it but sometimes one the babies will jump up beside her and she will tip over a bit. so, I guess she is a little better. It will probably just take time.

She sends luvies and thanks for asking. So do I!!! :love:

katladyd
03-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Sending cyber kisses to poor Widdle Winnies ouchy foot! Mwaah!:love:

cassiesmom
03-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Sending cyber kisses to poor Widdle Winnies ouchy foot! Mwaah!:love:

More cyber-kisses to Winnie! *kiss* I hope your footie heals fast!

Anikaca77
03-25-2011, 07:49 AM
I hope Winnie recovers quickly. Poor girl I'll keep her in my prays and you too. I hope she heals quickly.

Melissa

gini
03-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Moff, I hope that Winnie is better today. Poor baby, it must have really scared her. (and you!)

astrid
03-25-2011, 10:08 AM
How's little Winnie's pawsie doing today? I hope better :)
Love and kisses for her please:love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Winnie is still no better. I have an old wooden bar stool in the kitchen they use to sharpen their claws on. I have it laying on its side because they aways knock it over. I didn't want anyone to get beaned with it.

Anyway, Winnie was on it and sharpening her claws this morning. She was using the hurt paw too. When she got off though, she fell when she put that paw on the floor. It wouldn't hold her weight. She whimpered a little but let me rub it gently with no problem. I'm wondering if maybe a nerve or the muscles are bruised or something. If she's not better by Monday, I'll call the vet.

I remember once I tore a tendon in my foot. The dr told me it would have been better for me if I had just broken it, it would have been less painful. That did keep me on crutches for weeks while it healed. I just want my healthy winnie back.:(:love:

lvpets2002
03-25-2011, 12:59 PM
:( Aweee poor wittle Winnie.. Yes for sure go back to the Vet on Monday for sure.. I hope its not a fracture that the Vet missed.. Did they Exray her foot the other day?? Make it a must that they do.. Also suggest Winnie to get some Pain Meds.. Lots Of Huggss & Cuddles & Prayers..

krazyaboutkatz
03-26-2011, 01:28 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Winnie is still in pain.:( I too wonder if it could be a hairline fracture which could've been overlooked. I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Medusa
03-26-2011, 06:56 AM
Any better today?

momoffuzzyfaces
03-26-2011, 12:40 PM
I think Winnie may be feeling a bit better today. I noticed she put her foot on the floor once this morning, only for a second but it's a start. When I brushed her hair she kept grabbing the brush and me with that paw too. It still looks swollen some though.

I guess something that heavy falling on such a dainty foot is bound to hurt like the dickens for quite a while. It looks like the ladder must have hit right where if she were human, would be her wrist. We both thank you for the prayers and well wishes. :love:

cassiesmom
03-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Also suggest Winnie to get some Pain Meds.. Lots Of Huggss & Cuddles & Prayers..

That's what I was wondering too, is there something Winnie could take for pain? More hugs, cuddles and prayers for her!

jennielynn1970
03-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Poor Winnie girl... keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.:love:

chocolatepuppy
03-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Get better soon Winnie.

slick
03-27-2011, 01:09 AM
We are still praying for our widdle Winnie. Get better soon sweetie.
Love
Auntie Slick and Merlin. :love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-28-2011, 07:56 AM
We will be on our way to the vet's in a while. They said they could take another look at her or wait a few more days to see how she does. I voted for looking at her again. Hopefully, I'm just a worry wart. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. :love:

astrid
03-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Love and prayers for sweet Winnie (and mommy) :love:
We hope everything goes OK at the vet :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I hope that everything goes well at the vets. Please keep us updated about sweet Winnie.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-28-2011, 11:48 AM
We are home! Winnie has 3 fractured bones in her wrist. :( The vet said they are clean and all lined up like they should be and would heal on their own but it would take a long time.

Since winnie is still jumping on the washer and places, the vet put a splint on her paw. That way it should heal faster. The vet said call them if she chews on the splint.

Well, we've been home about half and hour and winnie already has started to unwrap it. Now she has to wear one of those e collar things. They will bring it and put it on her this afternoon. :(

My girl is one very unhappy camper right now. She will really throw a hissy fit when they put that collar on her. We will have to go to the vet every week for 6 weeks for them to check her splint and things. :(

One positive thing, she now has a weapon to thump chip with when he picks on her. :love:

The vet tech just left. Winnie now has a satelite dish of here very own. She sure hates it. I feel like I'm just making a bad situation worse.:(

gini
03-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Goodness sakes Winnie - what have you done to yourself? You would think that you were Angel or Chip getting into trouble the way you do.

I am sorry that you now have a collar to wear - but we need all of your feet to function well and heal.

What a time you are giving your Mom - please find a comfortable spot and take a good nap. Maybe you can get some sympathy from the other kitties if you play it up just right.

Cataholic
03-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Goodness Gracious! Winnie, I am so sorry to hear this!!! I hope you heal up quickly.

I have found several issues with the cone. One is the inability to eat/drink. I use a couple of small blocks of wood (perhaps 4" square) and put the food and water on it. It allows the cat to eat/drink, and the cone to go around the wood. Otherwise, every time the cat tries to eat, the cone hits the floor, scaring it. I also take the cone off during the day when I am right there. Otherwise, the cat seems to get depressed.

The litterbox can be challenging, too..I switched to a super low sided box....again, every time the cone hit the box, the cat got scared.

Good luck!

lizbud
03-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Mercy me, poor little Winnie.:( I am sorry your paw hurts sweetie. That
sure was a nasty bump you got by the step ladder.:(

I can't imagine any kitty would like wearing a cone around it's neck, but
if that's what it's gonna take to heal up...:confused: Do you have a small
dog cage (maybe the Vet has one you could use) to confine her & keep her
from jumping around on the bad paw? Just for a week or two?

Hope you heal up & feel 100% soon Winnie.

kuhio98
03-28-2011, 01:02 PM
We are home! Winnie has 3 fractured bones in her wrist. :( The vet said they are clean and all lined up like they should be and would heal on their own but it would take a long time.

Is this the same vet that said it was just bruised? :(
Guess they didn't bother to do x-rays the first time :confused:

I hope Winnie will be a good patient. When Pepper broke her toe, she chewed off her cast one night.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I thought mommy loved me! How could she do this to me???? :(

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7434.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7434.jpg) http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7435.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7435.jpg)

I have a feeling I'm not going to have the heart to leave that cone on for long. :love:

cassiesmom
03-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Aww, Winifredita! I am so sorry you have an ouchy wrist and I hope it will heal very fast. *kiss* to make it better

Pinot's Mom
03-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Oh! Poor Winnie! I'm so sorry she turned out to have a worse problem then originally thought! Prayer for a quick recovery, sweetie!:love:

astrid
03-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Oh my! I'm so sorry baby girl :(
My heart went broken when I saw you with that thing... I'm sorry :(
Prayers for a quick recovery :love: and lots of love and kisses for you sweetie :love::love:

pomtzu
03-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Poor Winnie - a broken wrist??? How awful - been there and done that - twice!!!

Well, one good thing I suppose. You can give that "oh woe is me" look and play on the sympathy of Meowmie - it's always good for extra lovins and treats! ;)

Hope you heal fast and well - and that you stay away from the mean old step stool in the future. :p;):D

phesina
03-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Awwwwwww.... poor baby!...

More prayers and good wishes and healing energies that this all heals up quickly!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

slick
03-28-2011, 08:01 PM
OK, it must be my eyesight but that poor widdle kitty resembles Mz Edwina. I know she was named after Edwina, but all I see there is a grey kitty. Am I going insane??? For some reason I though Winnie was a calico.... Oh never mind, my mind is so stressed.

That being said, Merlin and me are sending good thoughts for her. :love::love::love:

Lilith Cherry
03-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Dear little Winnie I hope your paw heals very soon!
We all send loves and cuddles xoxoxoxo

katladyd
03-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Could you perhaps cover the splint with something icky tasting? Then she wouldn't touch it with her mouth and she wouldn't have to wear that nasty cone!

Edwina's Secretary
03-28-2011, 10:50 PM
OK, it must be my eyesight but that poor widdle kitty resembles Mz Edwina. I know she was named after Edwina, but all I see there is a grey kitty. Am I going insane??? For some reason I though Winnie was a calico.... Oh never mind, my mind is so stressed.

Dear Auntie Slick,

May I suggest a lens check? My darling little namesake looks DECIDEDLY like ...moi! A calico indeed!

Poor thing...should I send Eddie to comfort you darling Winnie? He is available.

Edwina
/es

kitten645
03-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Get well soon dearest Winnie :( I'm sorry about your owie and I hope you are running about soon.
xxxooo
Claudia & Calvin

Medusa
03-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Oh dear, not the dreaded collar! My Yodie had to wear one for 2 1/2 months. Poor Winnie, Yodie can sympathize w/you but it really is for her own good. She might act like Yodie did, too, drama queen. Yodie dragged her collar on the floor when she walked. Try not to worry too much about it; Winnie will get used to it. Right now, she has to heal. I'm so sorry that she has fractures in that tiny little wrist. We'll send up some mega prayers that she'll heal quickly. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Ok, I caved in!!! (are any of you really surprised?) Winnie was so miserable with that collar on and would not even try to eat or drink. She just laid there and moaned. She never did that before. So I took it off and it's stayed that way. I told her if she tried unwrapping her splint it would be put back on. So far, other that a few licks, she's left it alone. It's going to be a loooooooooong 6 weeks.

I just want my happy bright eyed Winnie back. :(

Oh, Slick, Winnie's baby, Angel is a calico. :D :love:

Randi
03-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Oh poor Winnie, it's no fun having that collar on. :( I really hope you'll leave the bandage alone now that your mom surrendered and took the collar off.

Moff, you may want to put it on during night. ;)

Winnie, heal fast and feel better soon! Kisses and purrs from us.:love: :love:

sana
03-29-2011, 03:15 PM
I saw this thread earlier but could not reply. That's so sad to hear about Winnie. Lots of hugs and prayers for you both. Hopefully she'll recover soon and swift. :love: Lots of prayers and good thoughts for dear Winnie.

lvpets2002
03-29-2011, 03:36 PM
:love: Well I am so glad you took Winnie back to the Vet.. Poor baby has been in pain all this time.. Hope she is feeling much better now with the splint on & her foot wraped.. Nope babies dont like those E-Collars.. Now Winnie you take it easy on that foot & Get plenty of Rest & Treats..

momoffuzzyfaces
03-30-2011, 12:23 PM
I had to put the cone on Winnie last night. Before bedtime, she got to licking her bandage and wouldn't stop. So she wore it all night. She was so depressed she crawled in her bed and stayed there all night.

I took it off first thing this morning and she has been doing real well. She is more active and more bright eyed than she has been all week. Hopefully, she will get to where she can go coneless at night too. We both thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that her paw has several fractures and that she has to wear the dreaded cone.:( I hope that she'll heal quickly and learn to leave her splint alone. I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Pinot's Mom
03-31-2011, 07:41 AM
Here's hoping for a good day for poor little Winnie! :love:

astrid
03-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Kisses for little Winnie's pawsie :love::love: we hope she's feeling better today..

momoffuzzyfaces
03-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Winnie is having a snack in the kitchen right now. I put the cone on her again last night. When I got up at 3am for a bathroom run, she looked so miserable, I took it off. She does ok as long as that isn't on but looks so depressed and will hardly move with it on. She doesn't try and pull her splint off but she does lick it some. I think she is trying to wash her paw. She seems to be getting used to the situation though. :love:

katladyd
03-31-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm sending kissies for poor widdle Winnie's owie paw! **kiss**kiss**kiss** Feel better soon, pretty girl!:love:

Katelf
03-31-2011, 06:13 PM
:love:We are sending our best love to you. The "cone of shame" (ridiculously entitled an 'Elizabethan Collar' by my vet) is no fun.

Prayers, thoughts sent your way for a speedy healing. :love:

Catty1
03-31-2011, 07:45 PM
I dunno...the Elizabethan Collars look like they were uncomfy for hoomans too...

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/2500000/Queen-Elizabeth-I-of-England-kings-and-queens-2594509-1024-768.jpg

chocolatepuppy
04-01-2011, 05:11 AM
Aww:( Heal quickly pretty Winnie.

catmandu
04-01-2011, 09:55 AM
We are sorry that your paw is sore Winnie:(
We Found Cats hope that it heals up soon :love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Winnie was a very good girl last night. I left the dreaded cone off and her splint still looked like it did last night when I checked her this morning. No pulling or chewing on it. Probably a lick or two but she is a cat after all. :love:

Randi
04-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Winnie, you are a good girl! It must be starting to itch, like when we have a plaster on a broken arm/leg.

Heal fast, sweetie! :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-04-2011, 11:42 AM
I heard a funny noise in the kitchen this morning. It was a galoop galoop galoop sound. I was in the bathroom so peeked out the door. Miss Winnie was running from one end of the kitchen to the other putting weight on her splint. First time she has put weight on that leg since she was hurt.

We had to go in for her weekly check up today. She did great at the vets after I finally got her in the carrier. I had to take the carrier apart to get her in. While I was trying to fasten it together, she managed to excape out one of the sides. I finally managed though she hissed at me until we got home. She was not a happy camper.

The vet put a bit of red tape further up on her splint to help keep it more stable and she goes back next week. Now Winnie really thinks she is 'stylin'. :love:

lvpets2002
04-04-2011, 12:36 PM
:love: Poor wittle Winnie.. I know that must be so unconfortable.. But just think your stylen in red now.. All will be over soon & you will be a galloopping all over the place.. Just get all the treats & loven you can & of course lots of rest..

cassiesmom
04-08-2011, 08:01 PM
More prayers for dear Winnie!

And a candle
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=13085809

momoffuzzyfaces
04-10-2011, 12:37 PM
More prayers for dear Winnie!

And a candle
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=13085809

Thank you! That is so sweet! Winnie has to go in tomorrow to get her splint checked. If I can get her in the carrier, that is. Last time I had to take the carrier apart. I'd get it put back together on one end and she would sneak out the other. that girl is not dumb for sure!!! :D :love:

Randi
04-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Good luck getting Winnie in the carrier! I remember how we struggled with Fister years ago. We had to drug him to even catch him. After having tried some pills we found to be too strong, the vet gave us Diazepam (5 mg), which worked fine.

I hope all goes well! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Winnie was in a royal snit about being put in the carrier this morning. She managed to get a claw in my blouse and tear a big hole in it. Then hissed and growled at me all the way to the vets and even after we got home. She is feeling better now but poor Chester was so frightened of her, he's still hiding behind the dryer. :D

The vet says she is doing real well and may only need one more check up. Crossing fingers she will get her splint off early. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Miss Winnie is now splint free!!!!!!! :D

The vet said she was doing so well they could take it off early. Of course, it's been 5 weeks since she broke her bones so it's only one week early. She is such a happy girl right now. We both thank you for the prayers and well wishes and luvies!!! :love::love:

Randi
04-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Aww Winnie, now you can relax and get back into your routine. :D Heal up completely and don't try any more silly stunts!

Poor Chester - he must be a nervous wreck by now.

Kisses to them all! :love:

katladyd
04-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Hooray for Winnie! I bet you are so happy pretty girl!:love:

astrid
04-18-2011, 01:23 PM
yay!!!! that's great news Winnie!!!! just in time for the Royal Wedding!!!! ;)
Now, be a good girl and be very careful with that paw, ok?

Love,
Sophie and Astrid

Medusa
04-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Atta girl, Winnie! :love:

cassiesmom
04-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Yay yay yay! This is good news!

phesina
04-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Oh, that's just fantastic, Winnie. You'll be the Belle of the Ball at the Royal Wedding.. maybe even upstage the bride?!

Pinot's Mom
04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Yay Winnie!! On to the Wedding!!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Yay Winnie!! On to the Wedding!!:D

Winnie and Angel have been talking of nothing else but the catmobile trip all afternoon. Good to see Winnie so happy. She was so depressed wearing that splint. :love:

catmandu
04-19-2011, 09:57 AM
We are so glad that Winnie is better!
At the Royal Wedding Joseph and Moose and Michael promise to take Winnie for some Dover Sole and Crisps.:love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-19-2011, 12:49 PM
We are so glad that Winnie is better!
At the Royal Wedding Joseph and Moose and Michael promise to take Winnie for some Dover Sole and Crisps.:love::love::love:

She will happily take them up on that!!! :D

Her little paw feels so hot and she still holds it bent at the wrist even after 4 weeks in the splint keeping it straight. Hopefully, it will be ok in a few days. I think she likes the extra attention it's getting her. Maybe she holds it over in the 'poor wittle me' pose when she hears me coming. :D :love:

cassiesmom
04-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Continued prayers for Winnie! And *kisses* for Winnie and Angel, Grandma and Chester, Chuck and Chip.

lvpets2002
04-20-2011, 11:14 AM
:love: Same here.. Glad she is healing & happy..

Continued prayers for Winnie! And *kisses* for Winnie and Angel, Grandma and Chester, Chuck and Chip.

krazyaboutkatz
04-20-2011, 11:37 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I hope she continues to do well from now on.:)

mrspunkysmom
04-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Glad to hear she is doing better.

Catty1
04-20-2011, 07:48 PM
This is great news!

The muscles might be a little weak after being in the splint. They will strengthen up soon.

I don't know about her paw being hot...maybe a quick phone call to the vet?

HUGS to Winnie!:):love:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-21-2011, 02:21 PM
She was in here in the front room with me. I saw here WALKING on all flours around on the carpet. Not hopping but Walking!!! Not only that, she batted a toy around for a bit using both front pawsies.

I'm grinning and crying at the same time. What a sap I am!!! :D :love:

gini
04-21-2011, 03:10 PM
That doesn't sound like being a sap to me..........I hear joy in the healing and see tears of gratefulness.

Winnie, you are one lucky little girl - now behave!!!

krazyaboutkatz
04-22-2011, 01:22 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I'd probably be crying tears of joy too.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Here is Winnie showing off her healed footsie. I tried to get one of her standing but she was too busy chasing Chester and the boys. :D

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7556.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7556.jpg)

cassiesmom
04-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Yay, Winnie! *mmwah, mmwah* I am sending you some kisses for your healed foot. And *mmwahmmwahmmwahmmwahmmwahmmwah* some kisses for Grandma, Angel, Chuck, Chip and Chester too.