PDA

View Full Version : Spring has Sprung!

Karen
03-20-2011, 07:14 PM
In the last three days, the huge snow pile by the kitchen door finally finished melting, (just one more to go, by the kitchen windows), the crocuses appeared and blossomed, and I suddenly saw robins several places, guess they took their time and all got here at once! And although we're supposed to get a little snow tomorrow, today is officially the first day of spring. Happy Spring, everybody!

momcat
03-20-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm really looking forward to a bit more winter. They're talking about some snow possibly tomorrow, great news! My Mom had pictures of my cousins and me hunting Easter eggs while up to our knees in snow.
Many people get seasonal depression in the winter, for some reason I consistently get it in the spring. My doctor is aware of it and has tracked it over the past several years. We can't figure out why it happens, only that it does. Spring comes too soon and stays too long.
To those of you who like spring, I sincerely hope you have a great season. I'll be wishng we were back in January.

Karen
03-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh, momcat, you must have longer springs than we do. We have a few days here and there, it still freezes solid at night for at least another month or more, and frankly nothing is certain until May, really, and then suddenly summer is here and its 80 degrees! We had a heavy snow one year on May 9th, and I remember going out to shake the snow off the lilacs, which were heavy with buds.

Might you have some seasonal allergies that are affecting the depression in spring?

wombat2u2004
03-20-2011, 08:19 PM
In the last three days, the huge snow pile by the kitchen door finally finished melting, (just one more to go, by the kitchen windows), the crocuses appeared and blossomed, and I suddenly saw robins several places, guess they took their time and all got here at once! And although we're supposed to get a little snow tomorrow, today is officially the first day of spring. Happy Spring, everybody!

Hah !!! This made me laugh when I read about the crocuses.
When I was staying with my sister in law in New Jersey in 1980....it was the same time, because I was there Feb/March....when we all went on an outing she'd get all excited and say "LOOK !!! A crocus". After a while I said to her "What the bloody hell is a crocus ???" And she'd reply "It means, Spring is here" :D:D

Freedom
03-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Crocuses in full bloom, daffs, tulips and hyacinths are up, woo hoo!!

Added the preservative to the gas in the snow blower today and put it away. So naturally we have snow in the forecast.

I've applied Grub X, Milorganite, lime and grass seed to my lawn. My neighbor has mowed his TWICE. :rolleyes: (Last year, he mowed 7 times more than I did, lol, guess he will be WAY ahead of me this year!)

Yup, it is SPRING!!!

Karen
03-20-2011, 10:26 PM
The daffodils in my sunny spot are nowhere close to blossoming, and the ones in front and behind the house are only up and inch or so, that goes fr the tulips as well. No hyacinths in my yard, the scent makes me wheeze almost instantly. I love the scent from a distance only, please!

pomtzu
03-21-2011, 07:34 AM
Forsythia bloomed with the couple of warm days we had - 75 on Friday, but more normal temps in the 40's and 50's now. Cherry blossoms and magnolias have made an appearance, daffodils and crocus too. All the trees are budding and the grass is more green than brown now. Ah yes - don't ya just love it??? Of course don't forget (those of you with seasonal allergies like me).........

Tiz the season to be sneezin :eek::p

Happy Spring everyone!

Queen of Poop
03-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Spring????? What's that???? It's snowing here!

sana
03-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Spring's certainly starting here! I am so glad its here!!! :D There are flowers everywhere, flower nurseries are open again with beautiful flowers and the houses have flowers and I even took pictures of my garden today. The grass is green and fresh and the flowers are blooming beautifully and our deciduous lavender colored flower tree shed nearly all its leaves and now, there are little green leaves growing so fast and the flower buds might come soon. Our mint plants are growing better too. The Dandelions are blooming again, they had become all brown and died in the winter and now there is one little flower growing in one of the plants :):love: I took its photo too! :)
:love: HAPPY SPRING SEASON:love:
:love: EVERYBODY!!!:love:

Asiel
03-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Just love to read about all the flowers that some of you see growing already. I must admit to being envious --it snowed last night and still snowing today.
We have a couple more months before we see any buds or signs of green around here.

Kirsten
03-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Yes, it's very springlike here these days, sunnier and warmer, and the first flowers are blooming. But no daffodils yet.

moosmom
03-21-2011, 02:54 PM
It was freaking SNOWING out today in CT!!!! It didn't stick, but it was nasty and wet. Welcome to Spring!!