PDA

View Full Version : $1 can buy a lot of cat happiness...

happylabs
03-20-2011, 09:10 AM
I bought a 3-pack of little catnip mice at the Dollar General Store this week. They must be filled with good stuff because the cats have been playing with them way more than they usually do. Mama, especially, has been having a great time. Two videos...a bit blurry, not sure what is wrong with my camera.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_jDG_kdH8mI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C7idko7OuMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

momoffuzzyfaces
03-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Little things seem to come in small packages!!! :D I'll have to check out our Dollar General store and see if they have any mice like that. My bunch would go loony over them.

I can't help wondering how you manage to keep the cardboard center in the circle toy. Mine have torn every one of theirs out. I need to find some refills somewhere. :D

Taz_Zoee
03-20-2011, 12:25 PM
HA HA, that is sooo cute!!

She was playing with both toys at the same time for a minute. Mine like their turbo scratcher and they don't even scratch the cardboard in the middle.
MOFF, they should sell the refills anywhere they sell the toy. We sell them at the shelter I volunteer at. :)

catmandu
03-20-2011, 12:33 PM
You can pick up some Bargains in Dollar Stores , My Ctas like the interactive toys , and you can sometimes get the Bid Cans of Whiskas for less than the Super Market, especially the Beef and Chicken.:love::love::love:

momcat
03-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Great videos! Have fun with your new mousie, sweetie!

Randi
03-20-2011, 02:21 PM
What energy, what fun - and multi tasking, too! That mouse is dead ten times over. :D

She is a sweetie. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Cute videos. Yes, many times the less expensive the toy, the more your cats enjoy playing with it.:)

When I was at Big Lots yesterday, I bought 2 packages of plastic Easter eggs for $2 a package. One of them are chick eggs that are yellow and they look like baby chicks. The other are very pretty pearl eggs. My former roommate gave my cats a few plastic eggs and they love playing with them so I decided to buy some more because they tend to keep losing them.;)

happylabs
03-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Little things seem to come in small packages!!! :D I'll have to check out our Dollar General store and see if they have any mice like that. My bunch would go loony over them.

I can't help wondering how you manage to keep the cardboard center in the circle toy. Mine have torn every one of theirs out. I need to find some refills somewhere. :D

None of my 3 kitties seem to be interested in the cardboard scratchy in the middle. I also have one of those oblong cardboard scratchers. Mama is the only one that uses the cardboard scratcher. I have had that the track ball toy forever! Probably 4 or 5 years. BEST $10.00 I ever spent!

LOL @ Randi...mouse dead ten times over. :D

katladyd
03-20-2011, 06:15 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I bought a pack of 9 catnip mice from Ralph's. My boys kill those poor mice at least three times a day. Mac was seen tossing his in the air and doing a backflip (not bad for an old guy!). Ming just holds him mouse between his paws and keeps licking it, like some sort of addict. Funny how they have different reaction to the same toy!

cassiesmom
03-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Aww, Mama! I enjoyed watching you playing with your new mousie! :love:

Laura's Babies
03-24-2011, 10:16 AM
She has attacked and killed that mouse and it is no longer a threat. You can now rest peacefully assured Mama is on the job!