PDA

View Full Version : Question about the size of poster's reponses

Cataholic
03-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Some poster's responses appear- at least to me, on my computer, to be much larger than other poster's responses. I don't mean people's signatures, or the amount of text...LOL..but that blue box that contains our replies.

For instance, Carole's response is always bigger than everyone else's...and, I was just viewing someone's response in Cat Health, and that one was, too. See this thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=166518

From time to time, Gary's will be larger (again- I am not talking about text).

Is this something on my computer?

Grace
03-19-2011, 07:28 AM
No, I've noticed it also. The responses by some are much wider than others.

Pinot's Mom
03-19-2011, 07:33 AM
I've noticed it on Carole's mostly, but you're right, there are others. It just must be something in their settings.

ETA:...and I think I just found it. Go to "user CP", "edit options", then all the way down at the bottom, the last option is the forum "skin"; one of the options is "widescreen". I'll bet that's it!

Grace
03-19-2011, 07:43 AM
I bet you're right. I don't think I've ever gone down that far - mine is set at forum default.

Cataholic
03-19-2011, 07:59 AM
The things I don't know! I bet that is it. Let's start a revolution, and get everyone to change it to non-wide screen!

Pinot's Mom
03-19-2011, 08:18 AM
...anyone else hearing a certain Beatles' tune? ;)

Freedom
03-19-2011, 08:24 AM
I too had noticed it, mostly on Carole's, lol.

So, do I change MINE, or does Carol change HERS? Sorry, it isn't clear to me, the techno challenged this week. (Don't ask, I've done some really DUMB things this week)

Cataholic
03-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Freedom- I did wonder the same thing. My screen viewing setting should only effect my screen viewing. I am on default...so, everything I view should be as default...not widescreen.

I am sure Karen or Paul can answer this....

Randi
03-19-2011, 09:03 AM
None of the posts are wider than the others on the thread you referred to, on my machine, but my guess is, that when people post pictures that are wider than normal, that's when you get that wider post. Not sure I explained that so well, but I think you get what I mean. ;)

I do agree that we should keep the images down in size.

This is what you mean, right?

Asiel
03-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Funny I just noticed it after checking. I always thought it was something with my computer but it is much larger. I would just adjust my screen without wondering.

Cataholic
03-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Randi- that is exactly what I mean. If it doesn't/didn't appear larger on your computer, how did you get that screen shot?

Freckles
03-19-2011, 01:33 PM
If I understand the question, it's because of her location - the very long line.

Grace
03-19-2011, 01:56 PM
If I understand the question, it's because of her location - the very long line.

Do you mean because she is in New Zealand? But Wom is in Australia and his posts are never that wide.

Nomilynn
03-19-2011, 02:39 PM
I agree with Freckles - it's because of the amount of text in the location box.

sana
03-19-2011, 03:04 PM
I have noticed Carole's too!! She always has some of her post box coming out of one side. Yes, it is because of the Location, there was one other person who had a loooooooooong location, because it was a little joke, Anyway, Yea I noticed Carole's too.

sana
03-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Randi- that is exactly what I mean. If it doesn't/didn't appear larger on your computer, how did you get that screen shot?

Press the Print Screen button and then press Ctrl+V on Paint or anything.

Karen
03-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Carole's replies are stretched wider because of her location text - the location text, in contrast to other areas of text, does not permit itself to be broken onto 2 lines, so hers stretches out any posts she makes.

Sometimes people post a picture that is oversize, that will do it, too.

Grace
03-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Carole's replies are stretched wider because of her location text - the location text, in contrast to other areas of text, does not permit itself to be broken onto 2 lines, so hers stretches out any posts she makes.

Sometimes people post a picture that is oversize, that will do it, too.

Could you explain in more detail about location text? Is it something to do with the kind of computer she uses - or the location on earth?

sana
03-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Could you explain in more detail about location text? Is it something to do with the kind of computer she uses - or the location on earth?

In the upper right corner of a post is written the join date, number of posts and the Location (if you want it be there, yours isn't there). Carole has written a loooong Location of hers and so her posts' size are wider than ours. :)

Cataholic
03-19-2011, 06:07 PM
No kidding...LOL, I can't believe how easy an explanation that is! But, still doesn't tell me why Randi doesn't see it the same as I do...

Grace
03-19-2011, 06:17 PM
In the upper right corner of a post is written the join date, number of posts and the Location (if you want it be there, yours isn't there). Carole has written a loooong Location of hers and so her posts' size are wider than ours. :)

Thank you so much! Now I see what's going on :)

sana
03-19-2011, 07:11 PM
You're welcome :)

Husky_mom
03-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Iīve noticed this too but only when a larger pic is posted.. hmm.. will have to pay attention and see if it happens with text only posts..

one other thing.. completely unrelated.. whenever Randi posts pics I canīt see them.. none.. ever.. even if I refresh the page multiple times.. I can however see her albums.. :confused:

Cataholic
03-19-2011, 07:32 PM
HM- You can't see the pic that Randi has posted in this very thread?

Karen
03-19-2011, 07:34 PM
No kidding...LOL, I can't believe how easy an explanation that is! But, still doesn't tell me why Randi doesn't see it the same as I do...

Randi may have her default font size for her monitor set differently than you do, depending on her monitor resolution and personal preference, and that would effect just how wide things appear, as the standard post width is fixed, but extra-wide ones are dependent on the text in the location field, for example.

Husky_mom
03-19-2011, 07:45 PM
HM- You can't see the pic that Randi has posted in this very thread?

attached pics I can see.. just not the others.. itīs very weird..

RobiLee
03-19-2011, 08:28 PM
LOL..very good question, Johanna. I've always wondered why Carole's posts were like that also. Never gave a thought to the location line. Thanks!

Karen
03-19-2011, 11:08 PM
attached pics I can see.. just not the others.. itīs very weird..

Does your computer maybe have Photobucket blocked?

Husky_mom
03-19-2011, 11:33 PM
itīs not blocked.. thatīs where I have my pics.. and I can see everyones pics.. just not hers..

thatīs why I noticed it.. because it is just hers and now Iīm curious as to why..