PDA

View Full Version : A FAB Friday- FOUR pets found forever homes today!!!

Cataholic
03-18-2011, 07:30 PM
I could CRY!!! Today, my sister was accepted as an adoptee to a lovely 6 year old white lab, name still unclear. We have our very own Medusa to thank for putting her in touch with the rescue. There was another adoption pending, and for whatever reason, it fell through. My sister is over the moon!!! Thank you, MARY!!!!!

Such proof positive that cross posting, emailing, FB'ing WORKS!!!

Then, I take my mom over to see this 3 year old tabby that my friend was fostering, along with the 4 kittens my other friend and I TN and contemplated releasing (:)), and my mom adopted the 3 year old tabby and TWO of the four kittens!!!! WOW!!!

What a fabulous Friday night. Nothing feels better than knowing four pets are now going to be in warm, loving, FOREVER home!

YAY RESCUE!

(we do still have two, mostly feral, kittens to place, if anyone is willing to adopt/work with these two. They can come around, most likely, but lap cats...eh, prolly not).

mrspunkysmom
03-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Outstanding. It's always good to hear a pet found a home. I'd love to save them all, but I've saved three cats plus helped a dog get adopted.

I know they are in the forever home.

Karen
03-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Yay! A good day all around!

Bengalz
03-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Wow!! Awesome work - your family just grew some:D Oh my goodness so much fun to look forward to:D

Congratulations Aunt Johanna:)

cassiesmom
03-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Yay! That IS a good day! Welcome to your new homes, doggie, cat and kittens!

My upstairs neighbors lost their beloved long-haired dachshund to multiple problems of old age. I am hoping that when the time is right, they will adopt another dog. And I hope that Bailey found her way to Phred and the Pet Talk RB pets. She was a precious girl, and I miss her, but she is now in a better place and free of health problems. I'm sure my neighbors will contact a rescue organization again when they are ready. (I think there might be a knee surgery coming up first, while they are "dogless"; and then when walking is better, they will have a new family member)

lizbud
03-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Good news.:) I love it.:love: Congrats to the furry ones and adopters
and big hugs to all that helped make it possible. ((Hugs))

Medusa
03-20-2011, 06:40 AM
All good news! Yes, crossposting really does help. It's how I found a home for the little black kitty, aka LBK, a couple of years ago. I love the thought of the critters taking a sigh of relief and settling in at their new and permanent home and I love that humans are made happy. :D

Btw, you're so welcome, Johanna, although I didn't do much besides point and click. So, for those of us who feel that it takes too much effort to forward an email or to crosspost, keep this thread in mind. Four furkids found their permanent homes b/c of crossposting. It made my day.