PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist is making me bonkers!

Freedom
03-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Anyone know of another way to move stuff you no longer need / want?

I had an account w/ craigslist. That got frozen almost a year ago. I keep sending messages to Tech Support, and Help. I just get "canned" responses.

I can't post on the Help Forum because you need an account to do that!'

I can't change my password, because I get an error message that there is no account associated w/ my email addy.

I can't set up a new account, because I get an error message that there is already an account associated w/ my email addy. :rolleyes:

I was posting each ad separately, but as of last week, NONE SHOW UP! When I click on my "Manage Post" email link, it "says" that my ad has been published. But it is not showing up -- even asked a friend to check.

I sell maybe a dozen items per year! It's been a great resource but now I am locked out with NO explanation and NO help. Grrrr

Grace
03-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Can you set up another email account - Hotmail, gmail, yahoo - anything so you could start over with Craigslist?

Cataholic
03-18-2011, 01:39 PM
I have had good luck with Craigslist. And, each time, I set up a new email address on yahoo, usually. Do that, and try it again!

As for unloading stuff...I have also used freecycle, but it is 'free' and sometimes the people that come after 'free' stuff are odd/off. Even a minimal amount of money asked for seems to separate things from odd/off to nearly normal. :)

Freedom
03-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Can you set up another email account - Hotmail, gmail, yahoo - anything so you could start over with Craigslist?

I have had good luck with Craigslist. And, each time, I set up a new email address on yahoo, usually. Do that, and try it again!

OK thanks. Not sure how I will manage 2 mails accounts; I find one is already a LOT of work, lol.

Cataholic
03-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Freedom- I don't 'manage' these accounts. I use them for a brief window of time- maybe 30 days, and then never return. Let's say I am selling toys...I might make my email, "[email protected]", use an easy password (as I don't use this particular account for anything important), see what happens and then forget about it. I never, never, never use a permanent email for craigslist type of stuff. :)

KWIM?

Freedom
03-18-2011, 08:16 PM
NOW I get it! WOW!

So, not knowing this, I set up another yahoo account and some how, THAT one became my primary one, :eek: for Yahoo to contact me at should they ever need to. Took me an hour and a half to set up and sort it all out. :rolleyes:

Have I mentioned I don't do well w/ technology? :confused:

Got my 2 ads up, using the new and now properly coded SECOND account. One item will be picked up / sold in the morning. :cool: