PDA

View Full Version : Life without a camera?

catnapper
03-17-2011, 04:02 PM
My camera somehow got a cat hair between the lenses (no idea where cat hair would come from in this house :rolleyes: )

Thankfully, I bought a replacement warranty and sent the camera off a couple days ago. According the UPS tracking they recieved the camera this morning. I called to find out when the replacement would come.... 10-14 days. Two weeks?!?!?! :eek:

How am I supposed to live without my camera for two weeks? The customer service lady was unsympathetic. I have the feeling my friends here would understand :p

Karen
03-17-2011, 04:03 PM
And you just KNOW somebody's gonna do something extra-cute while the camera's away ... because that's how life works!

Glacier
03-17-2011, 04:06 PM
I'd probably have to go buy a cheap one just to stop the shutter withdrawals!

Husky_mom
03-17-2011, 04:16 PM
I know.. the sec your batteries die.. then something really awesome happens..
when you forget to take it along.. there is a one of a time moment needing to be captured..

arghh..

hope you can get it sooner or as Glacier said.. get a cheaper in-between transit one to fill the void.. ;)

Sonia59
03-17-2011, 04:17 PM
And you just KNOW somebody's gonna do something extra-cute while the camera's away ... because that's how life works!

Of course!!!

I think I couldn't.

cassiesmom
03-17-2011, 04:40 PM
The challenge for me would be life without a digital camera! I've gotten used to the immediate gratification of point, click, and it's on the computer in nothing flat. My niece, who is 19, has a camera on her cell phone- so she basically has a camera with her at all times.

catnapper
03-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Well I do have my old Canon, but it needs new batteries and a new card (it won't let me format the one I have) But part of me feels I'd rather save the $40 spent on an upgraded camera. They are sending me $240 that I paid for hte other camera towards a new one.

At least I get to spend the next 10-14 days deciding on which camera I want. Any suggestions? It has to come from Office Depot (http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/cameras/N=5+509534/) because thats where I got the one I'm replacing through warranty. I don't mind spending a little more to get a great camera, but my limit for upgrading is $100 (for a total of $340 -- look at me doing quick math :rolleyes: ) I prefer Nikon and Canon but would consider anything else.

Another part of me is thinking of getting two less expensive pocket cameras. one for my purse always with me, another for the house.