PDA

View Full Version : Scared for the duckies!!!

happylabs
03-17-2011, 12:19 PM
I drove up to our local Wendy's to get lunch today and there were 3 ducks waddling across the parking lot towards the drive-up window. :eek:

There is a park nearby with a pond. I never go to this particular Wendy's but it was in my travels today. I have a feeling someone there must feed the ducks. I am sure they are most likely used to the cars but still I was worried for them. I was trying to think what I could do about the situation. :confused:

I had to get back to work so I couldn't do anything immediately. :(

Freedom
03-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Someone needs to advise them, Wendy's drive through doesn't offer duck food!

It's very cute to picture!

But I also so understand your concern for them. I am guessing they've been there for some time and folks in the area know about them? You could ask in the Wendy's and get a bit of back ground.

pomtzu
03-17-2011, 04:49 PM
If there is a park and a pond nearby, then that's probably where they live. They get so used to people feeding them, that they probably gravitate toward Wendy's when they don't get a lot of visitors and free handouts at the pond.

Smart duckies, tho probably not the best diet for them. :eek::p I wonder if ducks can suffer from high cholesterol??? :confused::D

happylabs
03-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Someone needs to advise them, Wendy's drive through doesn't offer duck food!

It's very cute to picture!

But I also so understand your concern for them. I am guessing they've been there for some time and folks in the area know about them? You could ask in the Wendy's and get a bit of back ground.

I did say something to the brain dead kid that handed me my order and he acted like he didn't even hear me. I am sure they probably get lots of comments about it.

Bonny
03-18-2011, 08:15 AM
I did say something to the brain dead kid that handed me my order and he acted like he didn't even hear me. I am sure they probably get lots of comments about it.

People use to stop for the ducks to cross the street in our town. They would walk all over downtown & were admired & loved by everyone.

Now outside of town their is a wild black goat that chews its' cud while relaxing on rock out crops on the lime stone cliffs along the road side.

happylabs
03-18-2011, 10:26 AM
People use to stop for the ducks to cross the street in our town. They would walk all over downtown & were admired & loved by everyone.

Now outside of town their is a wild black goat that chews its' cud while relaxing on rock out crops on the lime stone cliffs along the road side.

Would love to see a photo of the black goat! :)

Bonny
03-18-2011, 02:41 PM
We haven't seen the goat this winter. Hopefully when the weather warms up it will be back out on the rocks if the coyotes didn't get a hold if it.