PDA

View Full Version : Delta's Return...

Glacier
03-17-2011, 10:52 AM
We don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day around our house, but it does mark the anniversary of one of the happiest days of my life!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/2011/delta.jpg
March 17, 2006...The day we finally got Delta back, after he'd been wandering alone in the wilderness for a month! I'll never forget the feeling of utter relief and joy when he finally let me get close enough to touch him! Long time PT members will remember the search for him!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/2011/lastbros.jpg
He's still the most timid dog I've ever met; still never far from his brother, Antare. Their bond was integral to getting Delta home. He recognized me and came closer when he saw I had his brother with me. We never figured out exactly how he got out of the yard, but he rarely goes anywhere near the gates now! It's a big, scarey world past those fences and Delta's not going back out there! Even when he needs to see the vet, she comes to him, inside his safe zone! I am forever grateful that those who helped us get him home. I always smile when I hear his big woooooooooooooooooooooo.

Freckles
03-17-2011, 11:05 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=99710&highlight=Delta+lost

Click above thread to understand what we went through. And clicking on post 621 in that thread will bring you to "He's Home".

Queen of Poop
03-17-2011, 12:13 PM
It seems like this was only yesterday. 5 years already. Wow how time flies. So glad Delta came home. I'd send you a big hug Delta, but I'm thinking you'd not care for that. Maybe mom can slide you a new bone today to celebrate! Wonderful day for everyone. :D

cassiesmom
03-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh my goodness, Delta! That must have been such a hard time for Mom, Antare and you! Big (((HUGS))) for all of you! I love the picture of you two guys together. I'm sure Mom will give you an extra hug and snuggle for me today. Long and happy life to you, Delta and Antare!!

Bengalz
03-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Happy Delta's Home Day!! Bless your beautiful heart Delta for coming back to the place you belong and making the world good again. Whatever fear lies in your heart, you are smart to know "home" is your safe place.

Tamara, I hope whatever spooked Delta 5 years ago and made him run will never happen again. He is such a precious boy and brings such joy:love: I shudder thinking about those horrible lonely days he spent trying to survive and overcome his fear. If these days you are a somewhat protective mom where Delta is concerned, kudos to you! He looks so content in the photos - it's all good now:)

Freedom
03-17-2011, 03:15 PM
I wasn't on here back then, but I've heard about this a few times.

As someone said, Delta knows he is safe in your enclosure, Tamara, and that is a lovely thing to know.

And if those photos are recent . . . someone looks about to blow coat! He he heee

Karen
03-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Awww, Happy Delta's Home Day! Such a plush boy, give him a hug from me, if he'll permit it!

Killearn Kitties
03-17-2011, 05:35 PM
I've come out in a cold sweat just thinking about that time again! It was terrible knowing that Delta was out on his own in that weather.

Have a happy day today Delta, and stay safe where you belong. :love:

chocolatepuppy
03-17-2011, 07:53 PM
I remember that all too well.:( Good to see a few pics of Delta and of Antare! :D

K9karen
03-17-2011, 08:48 PM
I remember that terrible time all too well. I'm thrilled we can celebrate his return and drool at your beautifil pictures. Delta let me touch him through the screen! ;)

kaycountrygal
03-18-2011, 09:10 AM
I wasnt a member of PT when Delta disappeared... but I just now spent time reading about it. WOW! As I read the old posts I was so worried and then FINALLY... FOUND. Your dogs are just beautiful and I hope none of them ever go away again. Kay in NC

Louie and me
03-18-2011, 04:09 PM
I remember it all so well. When he was found, how you tempted him to let you get near with the chicken and finally how you caught him and brought him home. We all prayed and prayed he would be found safe and sound. Remember his picture sitting in the truck looking so tired and unsure?

snakemama
03-24-2011, 07:14 PM
I remember this. Good boy for staying home now Delta!

ryansjones
03-27-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm glad you are able to get him back. I've heard that huskies are known to run off when given the chance.

ramanth
03-31-2011, 09:59 PM
A great anniversary to be sure!! :love: