PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Gun Senator SHOOTS intruder‏

wombat2u2004
03-15-2011, 11:10 AM
What would you think if a long-time gun control advocate ended up shooting someone? Might the word “hypocrite” come to mind?

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/Untitled_attachment_00031.jpg

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC)

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City , N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.
The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.
"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."
The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as i say and not as i do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

But....what can you expect from someone who uses an anti-firearm stance for political gain ????

The Lizbud Disclaimer:
In accordance with the rules as set by our forums leading armchair politicians, I hereby swear on oath that I did not obtain this information from a book.

Grace
03-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Oh John, thank you for posting this. My husband will love it. He's a strong advocate of the 2nd Amendment.

I do take issue with one sentence in the article - But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.
From what I've been seeing and reading lately, both parties, in this country, are trying to run our lives - one way or another. They should all stay out of our personal lives.

EDIT: The incident involving Senator Soles took place back in August 2010. He was indicted in January on a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious bodily injury.

EDIT #2: Need to get my glasses cleaned. The shooting took place in 2009. He was indicted in January 2010. He did not run for re-election last fall.

wombat2u2004
03-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Oh John, thank you for posting this. My husband will love it. He's a strong advocate of the 2nd Amendment.

I do take issue with one sentence in the article - But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.
From what I've been seeing and reading lately, both parties, in this country, are trying to run our lives - one way or another. They should all stay out of our personal lives.

EDIT: The incident involving Senator Soles took place back in August 2010. He was indicted in January on a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious bodily injury.

EDIT #2: Need to get my glasses cleaned. The shooting took place in 2009. He was indicted in January 2010. He did not run for re-election last fall.

Yeah, I read about the court case.
These guys are walking/talking contradictions eh ????

aTailOf2Kitties
03-15-2011, 12:41 PM
but he's not an "ordinary citizen". He's a senator. So yeah, he is more important than me. That's why he goes to work in a big government building with lots of security and I don't, LOL.

wombat2u2004
03-15-2011, 12:57 PM
but he's not an "ordinary citizen". He's a senator. So yeah, he is more important than me. That's why he goes to work in a big government building with lots of security and I don't, LOL.

Not any more he ain't. ;)

Bonny
03-15-2011, 01:17 PM

I hope they put him in the slammer & throw away the key.

aTailOf2Kitties
03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
for defending his home, or for owning a gun (legally)?

Lady's Human
03-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Hypocrisy isn't an indictable offense, unfortunately. He's far from alone in that regard, particularly on that issue.

Bonny
03-15-2011, 03:40 PM
for defending his home, or for owning a gun (legally)?

Well, he sure didn't practice what he was preaching. He could of called the cops instead of taking the law into his own hands.

aTailOf2Kitties
03-15-2011, 03:51 PM
If somebody comes in my house I'm gonna shoot 'em, stab 'em and very possibly set them on fire. And no, I don't have a gun permit.

Gun laws are useless. If someone wants a gun bad enough, they're gonna get one... legally or otherwise.

This story is the exact opposite of the one where the lady was so proud of her rights that she insisted on carrying a gun in plain view everywhere (church, kids' soccer games, the grocery store, at home while she cared for children, etc). You know what happened to her? Her own husband shot her... at home.;)

soooo... you got an anti-gun senator who shoots someone, and a pro-gun nutcase who gets shot. Crazy world, ain't it?:D

sparks19
03-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Well, he sure didn't practice what he was preaching. He could of called the cops instead of taking the law into his own hands.

and what are the cops going to do? other than come and take inventory of what was taken or worse... to call the coroner to pick up his dead body.

You don't call the cops and they arrive seconds later. Last I checked you couldn't just "beam them up"... at least not yet lol.

Rarely do the cops STOP a crime from happening... they come to investigate the crime that has already taken place

Bonny
03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
If somebody comes in my house I'm gonna shoot 'em, stab 'em and very possibly set them on fire. And no, I don't have a gun permit.

Gun laws are useless. If someone wants a gun bad enough, they're gonna get one... legally or otherwise.

This story is the exact opposite of the one where the lady was so proud of her rights that she insisted on carrying a gun in plain view everywhere (church, kids' soccer games, the grocery store, at home while she cared for children, etc). You know what happened to her? Her own husband shot her... at home.;)

soooo... you got an anti-gun senator who shoots someone, and a pro-gun nutcase who gets shot. Crazy world, ain't it?:D

Years ago I took a personal law class & in that book (back to good old books again) it said if you were going to shoot someone threatening your life you should shoot to kill them period. Hopefully you could do it in one shot because if you shot them to many times they would accuse you of over kill. It seems to be a no win situation.

Bonny
03-15-2011, 04:31 PM
and what are the cops going to do? other than come and take inventory of what was taken or worse... to call the coroner to pick up his dead body.

You don't call the cops and they arrive seconds later. Last I checked you couldn't just "beam them up"... at least not yet lol.

Rarely do the cops STOP a crime from happening... they come to investigate the crime that has already taken place

But in a court of law that is what the legal system would hold against you? Call the cops first & then shot?

wombat2u2004
03-15-2011, 05:55 PM

Ya not allowed to have a can of petrol and a box of matches in your house either. The last time that was de-criminalised was during the reign of Nero. :p
Play it safe, do what Bonny does, run them over with a red tractor.

We have gun laws here in Oz. Yep, the educated idiots imposed that one on us a few years ago. Now it's only the criminals who have guns. It just ain't fair that they should have all the fun. ;)

luv my cats
03-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Hypothetical question. If I stab someone to death with a chef's knife, are they not as dead as they would have been had I shot them to death with a gun.:confused: OH MY GOD!Confiscate all the chef's knives.:eek:

wombat2u2004
03-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Hypothetical question. If I stab someone to death with a chef's knife, are they not as dead as they would have been had I shot them to death with a gun.:confused: OH MY GOD!Confiscate all the chef's knives.:eek:

And housebricks. Housebricks should be confiscated. :p

blue
03-22-2011, 02:54 AM
OH MY GOD!Confiscate all the chef's knives.:eek:

I believe England tried that a number of years ago.

Medusa
03-22-2011, 07:07 AM

;)

pomtzu
03-22-2011, 01:31 PM
My ex was a cop, and he always told me that if someone was trying to break into the house - shoot him. However, make sure I then drag him INSIDE before I call 911, since I was in no real danger if he was outside, and therefore the shooting wouldn't have been justified! :p

Of course this was a standing joke between us, since I hate guns and would never use one! :eek:

wombat2u2004
03-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Of course this was a standing joke between us, since I hate guns and would never use one! :eek:

Not even to save your own life ?????

pomtzu
03-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Not even to save your own life ?????

No guns in this house, so I guess I'm doomed, unless the mace and the baseball bat don't save me. I couldn't knife anyone either. I'd probably pass out if I even tried - just so gross. :eek:

wombat2u2004
03-23-2011, 10:20 AM
No guns in this house, so I guess I'm doomed, unless the mace and the baseball bat don't save me. I couldn't knife anyone either. I'd probably pass out if I even tried - just so gross. :eek:

A shotgun is good. Makes a big mess tho. :p

pomtzu
03-23-2011, 10:35 AM
A shotgun is good. Makes a big mess tho. :p

And a gun is a gun is a gun.........:p

Alysser
03-24-2011, 03:16 PM
This sounds just like the lady who works for PETA and campaigns against animal-testing for medical purposes, but uses insulin for her Diabetes because she needs "her life to fight for the protection of animals". Sure you do.:D

Hypocrites do make the world funny. This was an interesting article!