PDA

View Full Version : The wedding is off, but...

catnapper
03-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Ashley and her fiancee decided to elope at the same time next year instead.

Some thigns have happened where Ashley was completely in the wrong and admits it. Now his family has disowned him because he chose her over them (he really loves her :love: ) and they said they weren't coming to the wedding. They said "fine, we won't waste money on one!" So they are now taking their wedding to the carribean!

I can't go into the situation, but I feel it is probably the best thing to happen. No, the bad thing WAS a bad thing, but the outcome is that she is going to see a therapist, which I have been trying to get her to for years. She will find a whole new level of happiness once she talks to someone about all the anger she keeps bottled up inside.

I also feel what happened is for the good because Ashley know he'll stand by her no matter what. She has MAJOR abandonment issues.

So, long story short, no wedding. We're not going to the Carribean with them - its their elopement.

Catty1
03-15-2011, 08:55 AM
As long as Cindy doesn't find out where they are going....:D

Yes, that sounds like the best thing all round. He sounds like a great guy, and he standing by her will encourage her in therapy.

I truly wish the best for both of them.:love:

catnapper
03-15-2011, 09:31 AM
As long as Cindy doesn't find out where they are going....:D

Oh God, that made me bust out laughing! Thankfully, Cindy's finances are in ruins right now so she won't be able to afforda cruise with them. I could see her trying to spend the night in their honeymoon suite with them. :rolleyes:

BitsyNaceyDog
03-15-2011, 10:01 AM
That sounds great! Honestly, if I could do it all again I'd elope too.
My brother-in-law's brother just got married in Vegas last week. They invited their parents and siblings, and that was it. My sister and brother-in-law went and said how perfect it was. So intimate with only a few people in attendance.

I wish Ashley all the happiness in the world. It sounds like she has a great guy.

Karen
03-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Sounds like a good plan, given the circumstances!

Asiel
03-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Sounds like a good idea. Better to get all unresolved issues out of the way before embarking on a new life.

CountryWolf07
03-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Eloping seems like a great idea. I've considered it, over a big wedding, for Mike & I, eventually, that is whenever he does pop the question! ;) We talk about it once in a while, even threw in Vegas for a good measure. We both know that our family would probably not be happy with the idea!

Karen
03-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Back over 50 years ago, my parents looked at each other and said, "We have two choices, we either fill the church or elope." They opted for the church wedding, all the relatives, fluff and stuff and everything, my mom's sister opted to elope instead. To each his or her own!

In my opinion and experience, you do not need to spend a fortune to have a nice wedding, and blowing the bank has no bearing on the success of the marriage. Do what is right for you, and lets others say whatever they want.

carole
03-15-2011, 04:14 PM
I wish them both well for their future, i have no idea what has been happening, but it sounds like they have a plan that will suit them both , and as long as they are happy that is what matters, pity you cannot go though,would be an awesome holiday as well, good luck to them both.:)

Husky_mom
03-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Karen just took my words..

no need to spend tons of $.. as long as it makes THEM happy.. others can say whatever.. there´s ALWAYS someone who will complain.. boo hoo.. :p..

Marigold2
03-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Gosh I wish them all happiness.
Here is another thought.
Why get married at all? Why not just live together and see if that works.
And in five years or seven years if you still want to get married then go ahead and make it a really big splash.
In the meantime you get to save money, get to know yourself and your partner better, see what kind of a team you make. If that person is as loving and supportive, understand, kind, faithful, steady, hardworking, loyal, honest and sober and sane as you thought.
You both have time to grow up, grow stronger, get a better job or education. You then bring more into the marriage.
Getting divorced is expensive and a heartache as anyone who has read Queen of Poop's tread can tell.
Sometimes people live together and find out this is not the right person for them and it is a lot easier then a divorce lawyer and a lot easier on the heart and sometimes they get married and it still does not work but at least in the mean time you take each other for a time in good faith and love and see how it goes.
Love is not enough, especially if one or both is mentally ill or a substance abuser of any kind.
Best of luck ot all.

Catty1
03-15-2011, 10:51 PM
And sometimes people live together, do just fine, and THEN get married and it all falls apart. I have no idea why, but I have heard about this a lot.

Whatever works for them, I guess that is the best way to play it.

Vette
03-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Oh i hope they have many many happy years ahead :D i wish them both the best of luck

moosmom
03-16-2011, 09:32 AM
I'll bet you're breathing a sigh of relief!!!! I only WISH my daughter would elope.