PDA

View Full Version : gateway laptop?

inlovewithanimals
03-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Hey everyone i was just wondering if anyone had any insight on if a gateway laptop is a reliable computer? my HP computer comepletley well lets just say crapped out, cord bursting into flames same thing right? psh nothing a small household fire extinguisher couldnt fix lol, but anyway so my parents went out and bought me what seems like a really nice gateway laptop, with windows 7 and antivirus, all and all i like it so far but ive only had it since last night, but anyway, i was curious, does anyone have any bad experiences with gateway laptops? just curious to see what i can find out even though its after the fact but its still nice to know. you know? lol i like how it runs so quietly like literaly with my old laptop all i could hear was the fan going with this one all i hear is ME TYPEING lol, so yeah, and info pleasee? thanks everynoe.

thanks everyone in advance

catnapper
03-09-2011, 08:58 PM
I loved my gateway... but it died tonight. I need to start looking for its replacement.

Roxyluvsme13
03-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I've heard some people have touch and go's with Gateway. I know some people that have them and love them and other people that have had serious problems out of theirs, but you're going to get that with any computer.

aTailOf2Kitties
03-10-2011, 07:01 AM
My first laptop was a Gateway, but it was so long ago (10 years?) it probably doesn't matter any more :D

Suki Wingy
03-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Our oooold desktop PC is a Gateway and it's still going strong, yet sloooow. We've replaced the monitor and keyboard though. I wish I could help you more but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to PCs.

Vette
03-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Ive never had a Gateway before but my friend had a Gateway desktop for several years before it died of old age.

just be careful with it. always keep it on a cooling pad even when on your lap. theres laptop desks you can get for that iffen ya want. as laptops are touchy/delicate danged things that are very prone to over heat regardless of what brands they are.

inlovewithanimals
03-12-2011, 07:44 AM
amen to the cooling bad, my old Hp got so hot before that i did go out and buy a two fan cooling pad, diddnt help much still over heated but this laptop seems to stay cool without the cooling pad but im still keeping it under just in case lol

Vette
03-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Thats good :D hopefully it stays that way.

my friend used to use hers without a cooling pad on her lap,, over time it started to feel hot. to the point that it would burn her legs even with jeans on. the cooling pad cured that but made it a little awkward to use

Suki Wingy
03-14-2011, 02:42 PM
I always put the case under my laptop. When other people use it and they go to take the laptop away and leave the case I have like a mini panic attack, not sure why.

Vette
03-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Dont blame ya. i would too if i had a laptop