PDA

View Full Version : What A Nice Surprise

krazyaboutkatz
03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
As most of you know by now,Wellness canned cat food with certain experation dates have been recalled. I had 85 cans that were recalled and I had called Wellness to report it. The lady took my address info, number of cans, flavor,and experation date info. She then told me that they'd send me a return kit and that I'd have to return all of the recalled cans back to them. Then when they received them they'd send me coupons for more Wellness canned food. I thought this sounded strange so I called the store where I had bought the cans and the manager told me to just stop in and return them there. I was able to return them and get a cash refund.

Well today I received some mail from Wellness. It had a letter from them inside saying this:

Dear Pet Parents,

Thank you for contacting us regarding our Wellness Canned Cat Food. We appreciate you as a Wellness customer, and apologize for any inconvenience this recall has caused you. We hope that you realize WellPet is committed to delivering the very best in pet food nutrition, as nothing is more important than the well-being of our dogs and cats. Though the vast majority of the product we recalled contained appropriate levels of thiamine, and the chance of developing this deficiency is remote, withdrawing all of these products is the right thing to do.

Enclosed you will find coupons to replace your recalled product.

Please note: If you were originally told you would be sent a return kit, in an effort to make this process easier for you and to expedite the delivery of your coupons, we are no longer sending a kit and we request that you discard of any affected cans.

As always, if you have any other questions, please let us know. Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience and we thank you for your continued loyalty.

Sincerely,
The WellPet Team

I lost 85 cans of the 5.5oz size and they sent me 96 coupons for the 12.5oz size of any of the formulas. I only have to pay the sales tax and the value is up to $2.39 and they're good until 1/31/12. I never expected to receive this and now my cats will be set for quite a long time.:)

Karen
03-09-2011, 01:11 AM
What a nice surprise, that makes me respect the company more.

katladyd
03-09-2011, 01:45 AM
I took my cans of Wellness into my local Petsmart and they gladly gave me store credit. I bought more Wellness, only all they had left was pouches, but Wellness is Wellness and I love it any way I can get it! By the way, I went to a new pet supply store that opened up by my boyfriend's house, it is called Unleashed and they have some wonderful foods there. I got some Merrick Before Grain and some Solid Gold Tuna. I haven't fed the Merrick yet, but both of my boys loved the Solid Gold Tuna!:love: Has anyone on here ever fed this before! I've never had my boys eat something that eagerly and if it is a good food, I intend to by some more of it!

columbine
03-09-2011, 07:56 AM
I've fed Solid Gold Tuna before, but I tend to reserve it for emergencies, as it's the only thing any cat will eat, even in a box with a fox on a train in the rain!

Love, Columbine

Freedom
03-09-2011, 08:12 AM
That is a nice surprise! Enjoy those coupons - and don't lose them as I would. Ha ha haaa

Laura's Babies
03-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Wow! That sounds like a real deal and a half!! Congrats!!

catmandu
03-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Thta certainly shows a Company that is concerned about thier clients , and want to put things right when they have made an error.
PetsMart is the same way , they bend over backwards to make sure you are satisfied.:love::love:
Not only did you get a refund, but 96 free cans and you did not have to send the old cans back.
Is it all right if My Found Hotel and Porch Angels come over and share?:love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-09-2011, 10:36 AM
I took my cans of Wellness into my local Petsmart and they gladly gave me store credit. I bought more Wellness, only all they had left was pouches, but Wellness is Wellness and I love it any way I can get it! By the way, I went to a new pet supply store that opened up by my boyfriend's house, it is called Unleashed and they have some wonderful foods there. I got some Merrick Before Grain and some Solid Gold Tuna. I haven't fed the Merrick yet, but both of my boys loved the Solid Gold Tuna!:love: Has anyone on here ever fed this before! I've never had my boys eat something that eagerly and if it is a good food, I intend to by some more of it!
Yes, I tried it once because it was on sale. All 4 of my adult cats loved it but unfortunately it made Storm very sick.:( He has digestive problems any way so I guess this was too much for his delicate system. I took the rest back because if he saw and smelled the tuna then he would want it too.

Thta certainly shows a Company that is concerned about thier clients , and want to put things right when they have made an error.
PetsMart is the same way , they bend over backwards to make sure you are satisfied.:love::love:
Not only did you get a refund, but 96 free cans and you did not have to send the old cans back.
Is it all right if My Found Hotel and Porch Angels come over and share?:love::love::love:
Yes, of course they can come over and share.;)

kaycountrygal
03-09-2011, 11:07 AM
WOW! GREAT! Now THAT is the way to create good customer service. I KNOW how much Wellness cost because my Luke eats it too. However, my Wellness was not in the batch affected. I order the tall cans because it's cheaper than the small flat cans. At my Petsmart they just have the flat cans so I order tall ones from PetMeds. It's good to know that the Wellness company and Petsmart do value our business... and the well being of our pets... Kay in NC

lvpets2002
03-09-2011, 11:37 AM
:eek: WoW that sounds great.. I just hope your babies dont stop liking the food.. ;)

katladyd
03-09-2011, 12:35 PM
WOW! GREAT! Now THAT is the way to create good customer service. I KNOW how much Wellness cost because my Luke eats it too. However, my Wellness was not in the batch affected. I order the tall cans because it's cheaper than the small flat cans. At my Petsmart they just have the flat cans so I order tall ones from PetMeds. It's good to know that the Wellness company and Petsmart do value our business... and the well being of our pets... Kay in NC

My Ming gets his meds from PetMeds. I never knew you could get food from them, also. Thank you so much for this information, Kay!

Taz_Zoee
03-09-2011, 01:43 PM
That is GREAT customer service!! :D :D It really makes the trouble of losing all that food much easier to deal with. :)

cassiesmom
03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
That is a very nice surprise!

Could you give your Wellness-eating kitties some hugs for me, please :D I noticed that was the box Alani is having a good time with in his video.

krazyaboutkatz
03-10-2011, 01:09 AM
:eek: WoW that sounds great.. I just hope your babies dont stop liking the food.. ;)
Yes, me too.:)

That is a very nice surprise!

Could you give your Wellness-eating kitties some hugs for me, please :D I noticed that was the box Alani is having a good time with in his video.
Yes, this was from the case that I bought at Pet Food Express. As soon as I put it down on the floor, Alani started attacking it. If you notice in his second video you can hear some "tearing up the box noises" this is Blaze and Ziggy also trying to tear it up. Ziggy is starting to learn some bad habits from her red headed siblings.;)