PDA

View Full Version : Apologies..duh..not sure..maybe

K9karen
03-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Ok. I just reread some of my past posts and, geez louise, I sound like a blabbling idiot!

I never like to devulge personal stuff, but I think 'cause I've had migraines 1x a week since Nov., it's made me goofy. An MRi declares I actually have a brain!! Working? Hmmm.. another story, but there's stuff in there, working fine (hmpf!)

Turns out, after a lifetime of a BP of 112/70, it's now pretty high, so I've taken care of that and after a day in the ER last weekend, I'm OK. (whew!)

So, after a regular doc visit today and his wise psychological (sp) therapy (I love him..too bad he doesn't have a brother :() I'm under tons of stress. aren't we all?

So, after discussing my brother, who in my humble opinion has Asbergers, OCD (hoarding) I realize that even though he's got a wonderful, high paying job (with no $ to show it) and is highly functionable, there is nothing I can do unless he admits it. He now sleeps and hoards in the family room since the door to his bedroom no longer opens. He can't/won't admit a problem so I'm taking care of me. My 97 y.o uncle who I care for 2x a week is in better shape than me, Bless his generous, loving heart. I take care of his wife, in a nursing homes, incognizant with a stroke, and they're easier to care for than him.

And now I feel sorry for Sheen. Unless you can admit a problem, nobody can force you to get help. Tsk. Tsk.

John's been in LA looking for workj since Jan. Am super by myself, lots of friends coming out of the woodwork.

Logan's been lickin' her chops for weeks, so off to the vet for a checkie-upper next week. Otherwise she's dandy, but I WANT PICTURES! I'd die without her love and adoration, my sweet, sweet girlfriend.

So that's it. Sorry if I've been goofy. I'm fine, just overwhelmed. Yay for PT and my midnight (xcept today) check ins!

:love::love::love:

lizbud
03-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey Karen,

Girlfriend, you're not crazy, goofy, or any of that, just as you say over- whelmed. And no wonder, your plate is not just full, it's overflowing.:)

I think a little more ME time is in order here. How's about you & me looking
up fares to some beautiful Island where we can just sit & stare out in the ocean, walk barefoot throught white beaches, drink a few cold beverages and feel part of that big wide world out there?

Well, we can dream can't we?:D:D Love Ya sweetie.:love:

K9karen
03-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Liz, I'm packing. I've got the suntan lotion! Thanks!:love::love::love:

kitten645
03-10-2011, 01:51 AM
I think you are both amazing women doing amazing things for those that need help. You both need some "me" time. Just a mani/pedi or something would help. Take care of yourself first or you are no use to others. Namaste.

moosmom
03-10-2011, 08:44 AM
K9Karen,

You go girl!!!!;);)

phesina
03-10-2011, 10:09 AM
K9karen, no apologies needed!

You deserve a medal!

Or even better, that beautiful tropical island with the white beaches and the tropical drinks (served up by handsome young men in bikinis)..

God bless you, you good-hearted lady. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Medusa
03-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Karen, I think I can safely say that we've all been there at one time or another. Stress does strange things to us and hindsight provides insight. I still can't believe some of the things I've said when stressed. So no worries. Just keep telling yourself "This too shall pass". And, by all means, keep the faythe. :)