PDA

View Full Version : Sparky-b/4 & after..

pomtzu
03-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi PT'ers - it's Sparky here...........

Some of you know that last week was my 12th birthday, and one of my presents was a day at the spa (oh yeah-how thrilling! :rolleyes:). Anyway - today was the day. I wasn't really thrilled with the idea, but I was looking really scruffy and grungy - kinda like a junk yard dog! :eek: And is it any wonder??? My last spa day was October 8th - exactly 5 month ago. Holy moly - no wonder I looked (and felt) so bad.

Anyway, I'm rather embarrassed to show you these before pics, but Mom said that I really must, and then show the after shots so that you can see the BIG difference.

So here's me yesterday :eek:, and the next post will be of the now handsome and dashing me as I look after the spa treatment. ;)

pomtzu
03-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Okay - here I am today - looking and feeling much better (as much as I hate to admit it, so don't tell Mom please!) I really wasn't in the mood for a photo shoot, so these shots aren't all that great -sorry. :(

I told Mom to be prepared to get one of my sweaters back out - it's not all that warm, and I'll be shivering tonight for sure! :(

There's also a shot of a neat sign that Mom found to hang on the door.

So watcha think? Do I look better in your opinion?

Thanks for checking out my pics!

Love,
Sparky

Pinot's Mom
03-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Kept WAITING for the after pictures! Sparky, you look so much better, and like you lost half your weight in fur! Spa days really are wonderful (not that I know from experience).;)

happylabs
03-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Oh Sparky you look so handsome! I hope your mom can pick you up and give you a hug and kiss for me. I have always wanted a little white dog like you. If your mom ever gets tired of you, you can come live at my house, okay? :)

cassiesmom
03-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Dear Sparky,
I like you "before". I like you "after". I bet you look very nice with a sweater on, too! Guess I just like you. :D

Dear Myndi,
I am so glad you got in the picture with Sparky! :D I got to see both of you!!

Your fan,
Elyse

Taz_Zoee
03-08-2011, 05:43 PM
I actually like the before pix better!! LOL But I'm sure he feels sooo much better now that he's all groomed up. I mean, honestly he is adorable either way. :D :D
That sign is too cute!!

chocolatepuppy
03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
You look great Sparky! I don't think you looked quite like a junk yard dog before! ;) Yes, get that sweater back out!:D

kaycountrygal
03-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Pomtzu said....So watcha think? Do I look better in your opinion

WOW! Big improvement. Sparky was cute before but he does look neater now imo. Myndi is cute too. Like your door sign... Kay in NC

Medusa
03-08-2011, 06:15 PM
I like Sparky both ways, fluffy and afterwards. Cutie pie.

Grace
03-08-2011, 06:42 PM
I also like Sparky both ways :love:

Sparky, you should have told your Mom to wait until the weather is warmer. The way this year has gone, there could be another batch of snow and cold - do you have a snowsuit?

Freedom
03-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Yippee, the photo thread that was promised!

Oh my Sparky, you had quite the winter coat on you! That must have felt nice in the cold January weather, but now we are into the 40's most days. You won't be needing that.

You must feel lighter! Does it through off your balance? My Marlin Darlin has balance issues to begin with, and he looks "drunk" after I remove his winter coat, ha haaa. Only for 3 or 4 minutes and then he adjusts.

It is nice to see your lovely eyes, Sparky!

Hi Myndi, sweet of you to step into the frame!

Cataholic
03-08-2011, 08:19 PM
You are adorable either way! But you look fresher in the after pic. :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-09-2011, 12:14 AM
You look wonderful with you new haircut but, like others have already said, you also look cute with all that fluff too.:)

Asiel
03-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Omg---can't believe Sparky can grow that much hair. I thought he was pretty cute with his winter coat but that new look makes him look a lot more like himself. Bet you won't have any trouble keeping him groomed now. When I saw how much hair was gone I was thinking of his cute little sweaters too.
Glad Myndi sneaked herself in one of the pictures...after all Ma , I'm cute too :D
I just love that sign for the door. just what every dog household needs .
Give Sparky a big hug and tell him not to worry, that hair will grow back :p

pomtzu
03-09-2011, 07:24 AM
It's me again - the much improved looking Sparky~~~~~~~~~~~~

To those of you that thought I looked cute with my heavy coat - well those before pics just didn't do justice to how scruffy I really was. You couldn't see the knots and matts - YUK! Mom says that when I scratch an itch and my toenails get caught in my fur and I can't get my leg loose - then I'm overdue for a cut. :eek: I look funny as heck hobbling around on 3 legs, with the other foot caught in my fur! When my fur gets a little long, Mom says I look like a teddy bear - all cute and cuddly - but I was way beyond the cute look - even I have to admit that! :p

And yup - I was cold too! I was laying at Mom's feet last night, just shivering like I was outside in a snowstorm, so Mom put a sweater on me. Much better!

Nope, Auntie Sandie - no balance problems here. When I get gussied up, I feel so much better, and blitz around like crazy and act like a goof! :p

And Auntie Helen, Mom says she'll NEVER get tired of me. Of course, a visit isn't out of the question.......;)

And to everyone who posted such nice comments - a BIG - "THANK YOU". :love:

Love and Licks,
Sparky-Doodle

pomtzu
03-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Oops ---BUSTED!!! :eek:

I'm not supposed to get up on the furniture, unless I'm invited to get up and sit with one of my people, or if they say that it's okay.

However ------ every time right after I have been to the spa, I forget my manners and just jump up and get cozy wherever and whenever I feel like it. :p

See???? - Mom caught me again. But at least she let me stay there......:D
You'll notice that I've got my sweater on too~~~~~~BRRRRR

lvpets2002
03-09-2011, 11:51 AM
:love: Awweeee just look at this such Sweet Precious Adorable Baby..

Bonny
03-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Sparky you look wonderful :D

Roxyluvsme13
03-10-2011, 10:41 AM
I just saw this, but Sparky, you do look wonderful. You look so nice and clean and fur free without all that hair!

I'm also glad you snuck a Myndi picture in there too :love:.

WELOVESPUPPIES
03-10-2011, 05:23 PM
wow Sparky you look absolutely FANTASTIC with your new hairdo!! I love it:love:

Vette
03-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Heh! :D hes too cute for his own good

pomtzu
03-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Heh! :D hes too cute for his own good

Thanks - and you are so right on with that statement. He knows it and takes advantage of it too. That's how he gets away with just about anything, but how can you stay mad at all that cuteness??? :confused::D

Vette
03-11-2011, 11:48 AM
^ yep. its the samething with Kirby LOL