PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer

kitten645
03-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Can anyone tell my why my IE is giving me this stupid response? Opps IE can't find this link These are loaded as favorites and the links I go to everyday! I've reloaded IE but still the same. Ugh!

Freedom
03-07-2011, 09:24 AM
If the page has been removed, or if the person reorganized their web site, then the address you have is old and not valid any longer.

Try finding the page you want all over again, using Google, or another search engine, and see if it is even out there still. If you find it, save the new address to your favorites and delete the old one.

Taz_Zoee
03-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Mine has been doing that a lot lately too!! Even when I'm on Facebook just going to one of my games or someone's page or link. Even when I go to my homepage (which is Pet Talk:D). And it does it with sites I have in my favorites as well. But I just click it again and it usually goes. It is very annoying!!

Catty1
03-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Firefox. :D

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Taz_Zoee
03-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Firefox. :D

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

My brothers family and my mom use this. I don't know why, but when I'm there and use it I just don't care for it. But I might have to have my brother switch me over. :( I don't do anything on my computer myself. He (my brother) is the only one I let upload or anything on my machine. He does it remotely from the comfort of his home 1 1/2 hours away from me. :)
Thanks for the suggestion Candace.

pomtzu
03-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I was going to suggest Firefox too. That's what I use, and have never had a minute's trouble, unlike my experience with IE.

I've heard that Google Chrome is really good. Anybody here use it?

kokopup
03-07-2011, 06:29 PM
My IE has started giving be "the haven't to stop process, do you want to send a report"? This happens everytime I close a link. It started all of a sudden and even after reloading I still get the same error. I think something changed with one of their automatic updates. I have been using "Chrome" but do not like it at all. I will give foxfire a try.

CountryWolf07
03-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Always have disliked IE. Switched over to the Mac a couple months ago and never again. I prefer what I use now. Safari/Firefox.. they work great.

pomtzu
03-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Good old IE - NOT! After reading this thread, yesterday I thought I'd go back and try it again - just for the heck of it and out of curiosity. I should have known better and left well enough alone. IE locked everything up tighter than a drum. I couldn't move anywhere - not even to log out. After several minutes of trying everything to "unfreeze" it with no success, I just cut the power and let it shut down. Just went to good old Firefox when I turned it back on.

ChrisH
03-10-2011, 12:00 PM
My IE has started giving be "the haven't to stop process, do you want to send a report"? This happens everytime I close a link. It started all of a sudden and even after reloading I still get the same error. I think something changed with one of their automatic updates. I have been using "Chrome" but do not like it at all. I will give foxfire a try.
Microsoft has maintained a practice of issuing IE updates only in even-numbered months.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS11-mar.mspx

I'm a Firefox fan too, been using it for years. At the moment I'm trying out the Firefox 4 Release Candidate. So far so good.

kitten645
03-11-2011, 12:36 AM
It isn't a removed page. It seems to be with all my links...including Pet Talk. I have Firefox and have used it but it's counterintuitive to me. Guess I've been an IE girl too long. Annoying!

JMCsGirl
03-11-2011, 10:38 AM
I use Chrome and love it! I also have used firefox and find that a good browser too!

Vette
03-11-2011, 11:01 AM
It isn't a removed page. It seems to be with all my links...including Pet Talk. I have Firefox and have used it but it's counterintuitive to me. Guess I've been an IE girl too long. Annoying!

I felt the sameway for starters,, but i had a different problem with IE. it would load my bookmarks an other links,, but very very slowly. like dog crap rolling up hill speed even with loading the tiniest of icons. it was ridiculous. than i stumbled upon Firefox somehow an the speed that images appeared on my screen was 10times or more faster than IE ever did. sure Firefox took some getting used to,, but over all it looks an feels pretty much like IE so it didnt take me long adjust.

maybe just try giving it some time?
a good browser is one that doesnt aggravate its users after all ;)

Catty1
03-11-2011, 11:43 AM
If you are running XP or earlier, right click on My Computer and select Properties. In the box that pops up, click the Automatic Updates tab.

See if these are even turned on - they are vital on a Windows computer and include updates for IE.

You can also click Start. select Programs...and Windows Update should be at the very top of the list that pops up. Select that and run it. Note - IE will open as it is the Windows browser and is the only one that can download the updates.

ChrisH
03-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Microsoft releases Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) - available for download today for free.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie/home

kitten645
03-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Updates are turned on. I even deleted IE and re-installed it. Still the same stupid thing. Maybe I should learn to live with Firefox. :(