PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad SAD day :(

Mooshi
03-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Today is by far the worst day ever! i was in bed about to sleep when my sister came running into my room saying my dogs are fighting i ran to them and saw the most horrible sight i have ever seen. Zeus had poor baby titan pinned down holding him from his throat titan was screaming but not fighting back i panicked i tried EVERYTHING to get zeus to let go water, air spray, pulling him away, trying to open his jaw nothing worked i just watched as zeus kept on attacking titan for 30 min he wont let go 3 people came to help me but nothing worked he was so fixated in killing titan because titan wasn't even fighting back just screaming for his life and zeus wouldn't let go :(. finally when titan stopped moving and stopped screaming that's when zeus opened his mouth i rushed and carried titan out and tied zeus up.

Titan was alive it was 1 a.m our time i called the house vet a million times he didn't not pick up or call back till now!! he has a puncture wound on his ear his eyes is scratched from the inside it's bloody red his tongue has a wound i couldn't find anything else his coat is just so thick and i think that's what saved his life! but he was petrified!!! i sobbed and cried and screamed so loud the whole house heard me my mom came running down thinking i was being attacked she got so upset she asked me to find zeus a home!! she says she can't trust him around me though i know he would NEVER harm me but mom wont listen im going first thing in the morning to take them both to the vet and see what i can do for zeus :(

I can't believe it! yes i've seen my dogs fight but never this bad never to the point of one dog wanting to kill another! zeus was always the gentle one who loved puppies and took care of them titan is just 4 and half months old he couldn't fight for himself. Blaze just stood there scared cowering on the floor and whimpering watching all this.

Im so sad! i can't sleep i can't stop crying even when typing all this im in tears i don't know what to do it's just heart breaking and it hurts so much!

Sorry for the long thread i just needed to say it all and i really need your support now more than ever :(

cassiesmom
03-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Oh my goodness, my heart just dropped when I saw the title of this thread. I was just watching his video too. Big prayers for Titan, Zeus and Mooshi. :love:

Bonny
03-06-2011, 08:41 PM
(((HUGS))) to you Mooshi. It sounds wise to take Zeus to the veterinary he/she could help you to decide along with your mom as what to do next. Maybe Zeus was trying to show Titan dominance? I hope that Titan will be alright physically with the veterinary treating him. This is a terrible thing to see happen & to love your dogs like you do, I surely understand because I have had this happen with my own dogs over the years. I think back to when dogs were wild & they still have that wild in them & are still territorial & there is always the dominance that is natural but can be controlled & has to be controlled so no one gets hurt. I send good healing thoughts to you & your dogs.

luvofallhorses
03-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I am so sorry this happened. Zeus is an American Bulldog right? He is a bully breed, so Dog aggression is to be expected and not out of the ordinary and especially having another male dog. Dog aggression can come out of nowhere. I think your mom is upset and hopefully she won't rehome Zeus because of him being true to his breed, if you have to rehome him I would look for a very bully breed savvy home for him. I would crate and rotate for now, so you can keep Titan safe. Never ever leave them alone together unsupervised! I hope Titan will be ok. Dog fights suck and are scary.

K9karen
03-06-2011, 09:35 PM
OMG! OMG! How's Titan? I'm beyond shocked. Poor baby, poor you. OMG! Prayers that Titan recovers quickly. Kisses, kisses.

Karen
03-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh, dear, we will keep them all in our prayers.

Mooshi
03-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Thank you everyone. i know how bully breeds can be but zeus was always the gentle one never aggressive specially with puppies my sister says he attacked titan for no reason and knowing titan he's a submissive pup never tried to display dominance on anyone plus zeus is neutered.

Titan is stable he can't move his neck around he's in so much pain his eye im not sure he doesn't seem to have trouble seeing but it still worry's me that it's scratched in the inside :( the bleeding from the puncture wound stopped he's swollen all over his face my poor baby.

Two more hours till the vet clinic opens zeus seems to be ok just a little scratch on his nose since he had the upper hand on poor titan. i swear i never felt so much heart ache like i am now i've been crying for the past 4 hours and slept for just 30 min im worried im going to lose zeus! my soul dog! i have such a strong bond with him :(

krazyaboutkatz
03-06-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers are going out to Titan and hopefully he'll make a full and speedy recovery. I also hope that Zeus won't have to be rehomed. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Taz_Zoee
03-06-2011, 11:47 PM
It is very difficult to read this through the tears. :( I can only imagine what you are going through.
I think my biggest fear is what will happen when you take Zeus and Titan to the vet and tell them what happened. I don't know how they are in your country with the bully breeds, but it just scares me.

I will be checking in on this thread to see how baby Titan is and also Zeus. I am so sorry this has happened. Hugs to you and both Titan and Zeus. :(

Glacier
03-07-2011, 12:40 AM
You need to be very, very careful with Zeus from now on. He can never be allowed near Titan again. I'd never let him near any dog, any size, any breed ever again! A fight that can't be broken up and lasts more than 30 minutes is not normal dog behavior for any breed. You need to learn how to break up a fight without getting hurt yourself or making it worse for the dogs.

Please read my thread in Dog Memorial. Last Friday night two of my dogs killed another of mine, in a very deliberate attack. I have a pack of huskies. I haven't posted here much lately, but search my user name and you'll find out all about the pack. We have had plenty of fights over the past 12 years. This was radically different from a regular fight. It was over in seconds, before I could do a thing to save Bandit. Mac & Ozzy meant to kill him. The image of Bandit's body is one that will haunt me forever. I know how bad you feel now; imagine how much worse it would be if Titan was dead. This has been the worst week of my life.

The hardest thing I've ever done was euthanizing the other two dogs involved in the attack. My heart is shattered and will be for a very long time, but I had no other choice. I could not keep my other dogs safe from them. I have a responsiblity to protect my the rest of my pack. They were physically healthy, young dogs, but they were not psychologically healthy. To rehome a dog with that kind of history is irresponsible and puts the first owner at great risk...the original owner could still be liable if the dog attacked again.

I hope you find a solution that works for all and that Titan recovers fully.

Mooshi
03-07-2011, 02:23 AM
You need to be very, very careful with Zeus from now on. He can never be allowed near Titan again. I'd never let him near any dog, any size, any breed ever again! A fight that can't be broken up and lasts more than 30 minutes is not normal dog behavior for any breed. You need to learn how to break up a fight without getting hurt yourself or making it worse for the dogs.

Please read my thread in Dog Memorial. Last Friday night two of my dogs killed another of mine, in a very deliberate attack. I have a pack of huskies. I haven't posted here much lately, but search my user name and you'll find out all about the pack. We have had plenty of fights over the past 12 years. This was radically different from a regular fight. It was over in seconds, before I could do a thing to save Bandit. Mac & Ozzy meant to kill him. The image of Bandit's body is one that will haunt me forever. I know how bad you feel now; imagine how much worse it would be if Titan was dead. This has been the worst week of my life.

The hardest thing I've ever done was euthanizing the other two dogs involved in the attack. My heart is shattered and will be for a very long time, but I had no other choice. I could not keep my other dogs safe from them. I have a responsiblity to protect my the rest of my pack. They were physically healthy, young dogs, but they were not psychologically healthy. To rehome a dog with that kind of history is irresponsible and puts the first owner at great risk...the original owner could still be liable if the dog attacked again.

I hope you find a solution that works for all and that Titan recovers fully.

Im so sorry for your loss i know how you feel though both dogs are alive i might lose one. it was just horrible but what makes me wonder if zeus wanted titan dead he could have done it in seconds why keep it going for 30 minutes?! i don't know what was going on in his head.

As for the situation with bully breeds in our country they are the same. so i don't know what will happen i just got off the phone with the vet he wont be coming in till a few hours since both dogs are stable i'll wait. titan is wagging his tail today and running around thank god but still sore and he's obviously in pain but putting on a happy face.

Zeus is just broken it's like he knows he did something wrong he hasn't touched his food he's just laying there he did great me but he was shaking all over poor thing it makes my heart ache knowing i could be saying my goodbye's in a couple of hours!

Freedom
03-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Just catching up on all of this now. How scary and frightening! I can't imagine seeing this happen. I do hope Titan will recover. I wonder if at his age, his hormones kicked in? You said he is 4 months, so I am guessing he has not been neutered as yet. Just a thought.

Prayers for Titan, for Zeus, and for you.

kaycountrygal
03-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Mon, March 7 2011...Oh My Goodness! How horrible and sad too! I just read the entire thread and have tears in my eyes. Poor Titan! Poor you watching and trying to separate Zeus from pup Titan. THIRTY MINUTES!!! I cannot imagine how horrible it was to watch big dog hurting pup and you could not stop it... unreal. I suppose Zeus stopped when he thought Titan was dead. I am so sorry.

My heart breaks for you re Zeus whom you love very much. However, I have to agree with Glacier that you cannot trust Zeus again and you cannot re-home with another family because you dont know what he will do in the future.

What a mess! I'm thinking how hard it would be to do what you might have to do with Zeus... but it was not normal behavior. I dont think you can trust him again. I am so sorry for your troubles and I hope Titan gets better and isnt scarred for life (inside and out) from this unprovoked attack. I watched his video recently and thought he was a sweet pup and you were good with him.

Sometimes we have to do things we dont want to do but down deep we know what has to be done. Again, I'm so sorry. ((Hugs)) to you... Kay in NC

wolf_Q
03-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, how awful. :( That had to have been so scary trying to break up a fight for that long. As Nebo has gotten older he has little tolerance for puppies, when he was younger he was great with them. With both Keva and Skya he bit them in the face a few times when they were bugging him...never an attack though, just bit them and they ran off crying. They learned soon enough to leave him alone when he's had enough, they get along great now. Zeus' tolerance for puppies may be long gone, this sounds way beyond just intolerance though. Neither bully breeds or malamutes are known to be great with other dogs, its possible he felt Titan was a threat even if Titan didn't start anything...just being a male could be enough. Best of luck to you with whatever choices you have to make, and again, very sorry you've had to go through this.

Mooshi
03-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Freedom titan is not neutered but zeus is. like i mentioned till 3 hours b4 the attack titan was super submissive displaying all submission body language to both blaze and zeus he wouldn't even dare touch zeus's ball.

Both dogs went to the vet zeus is unscratched but poor titan his eye blood vessels ruptured and will need eye ointment for a while. he has two super deep puncture wounds on his neck where zeus grabbed him and one puncture wound on his ear other than he's physically ok other than being sore.

Emotionally he's surprisingly doing great! tail wagging not afraid of bigger dogs since he was almost killed by one there was a german shepherd at the clinic barking like crazy titan didn't even flinch so it's a good sign

Zeus's future is still unknown the vet believes something triggered the attack he has known zeus for 3 years so he suggested i take zeus to a kennel where they can observe him and see if aggression in him is provoked or not then we'll take it from there so the next 2 weeks will reveal what will happen to my baby zeus :(

here a couple of pictures i took with my phone so sorry for the poor quality.
The 1st was when we were on the way to the vet you can see his droopy ear is the one with the wound and the right side of his neck is swollen like he has a ball in there.
2nd pic was after they shaved his neck and found the puncture wounds they had to open 2 more hole to clean up all that's inside and prevent anything to build up inside he's on antibiotics for a week got a pain killer shot. So all he needs now is a little TLC and he'll be back on his feet again.

kaycountrygal
03-07-2011, 06:34 PM
3.7.11. Hi Mooshi, I've been wondering what was going on today. Hope you are doing ok. It's good to know that Titan has had vet medical attention Wow! That 2d photo sure looks bad but with antibiotics I suppose he will be ok. I smiled when you said Titan wasnt afraid at the vet and the barking big dog didnt scare him. I guess he's young and will adapt or maybe forget what happened. He's a good boy! I dont know what to say about Zeus except I would be afraid to have him near Titan in the future. Maybe the stay at the kennel will shed a new light on what's going on with him. Thanks for the update... Kay in NC

Taz_Zoee
03-07-2011, 09:02 PM
I am glad to hear an update, at least on Titan. I'll still wait for the update on Zeus.
I know this must be so difficult for you. As I said in the other "dog attacks" thread, I do not know what I would do in your situation. I can't even fathom it, so unless it happened to me, I'm not even going to think about it.
I hope whatever decision is made will be the right one for all involved.

More big hugs for you, and please give little Titan some loves for me. Also some for Zeus too.

K9karen
03-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Titan's photos brought me to tears. I hope he makes a quick recovery, Good luck with Zeus. I wish we could speak "canine' to figure out what happened.

Mooshi
03-07-2011, 11:16 PM
When i got titan home and well zeus's scent is still around poor thing he cowered and peed on himself and started shaking i gave him his time didn't rush anything he got up on his own sniffed around and when he realized zeus isn't to be found he went back to his old self and blaze did a great job in greeting him with a sweet kiss and a play bow and of course a big wooowoo. i will go visit zeus tomorrow at the kennel and see how he's doing the house isn't the same without him around holding his ball in his mouth acting like a big goof ball.

Thank you all for the support and im sure titan will enjoy his hugs and kisses from you all :love:

cassiesmom
03-07-2011, 11:45 PM
the house isn't the same without him around holding his ball in his mouth acting like a big goof ball.

Please give Zeus a gentle hug for me. As worried as I am about Titan I am worried about Zeus at the kennel too. I hope this will come to the best possible ending. I'm with K9Karen, in that I wish we could speak "canine" and figure out what happened. ((HUGS)) of course for Titan and for Blaze and Queen Ka, too.

Twisterdog
03-08-2011, 11:02 AM
You need to be very, very careful with Zeus from now on. He can never be allowed near Titan again. I'd never let him near any dog, any size, any breed ever again! A fight that can't be broken up and lasts more than 30 minutes is not normal dog behavior for any breed. ... To rehome a dog with that kind of history is irresponsible and puts the first owner at great risk...the original owner could still be liable if the dog attacked again.

I absolutely agree. Not normal dog behavior AT ALL. I know it's a terrible thing to think about and deal with, but you should NOT rehome Zues. Just like with some people, sadly, some dogs have something "not quite wired right" in their brains.

I had a JRT that almost killed a border collie/ACD mix that was easily four times her size. She ripped out her ear canal and ripped her windpipe. The JRT had half her head buried in the other dog's neck, literally, trying to kill her. It took a month of daily vet visits, surgery, drain tubes, antibiotics, and thousands of dollars to save her life. She now has no sense of balance, and walks in circles with her head held at an angle, and always will.

I had to kick the JRT with all my strength several times before I finally knocked the wind out of her and got her off. Then I had to hold her down on the ground with my foot on her neck to keep her from going right back for the kill. Surprising I didn't kill her. She was completely insane ... nothing mattered by killing the other dog. These two dogs had always gotten along, I had never had a single aggressive issue with either one. Needless to say, I had to make some very unpleasant choices. But there was only one ethical, responsible choice, and I had to make it.

kaycountrygal
03-08-2011, 01:20 PM
When i got titan home and well zeus's scent is still around poor thing he cowered and peed on himself and started shaking i gave him his time didn't rush anything he got up on his own sniffed around and when he realized zeus isn't to be found he went back to his old self and blaze did a great job in greeting him with a sweet kiss and a play bow and of course a big wooowoo. i will go visit zeus tomorrow at the kennel and see how he's doing the house isn't the same without him around holding his ball in his mouth acting like a big goof ball.

Thank you all for the support and im sure titan will enjoy his hugs and kisses from you all :love:

Oh My! Poor Titan was scared. Just the smell of Zeus made him upset. Can you imagine how glad and relieved Titan was/is to not find Zeus there? ((Hugs)to you and Titan... kay in NC

anna_66
03-09-2011, 10:14 AM
I haven't been around in a while and I'm so sorry to hear about this, it' makes me terribly sad:(

We've had issues with Bon and Huney before, usually over food. So when they eat they're kept seperate. I can't imagine having to make a decision of what to do and I pray that you can somehow make things work.

Good luck to you and lots of love sent to everyone:love:

lvpets2002
03-09-2011, 11:48 AM
:( I am so sorry to be reading this.. However I will aggree with Glacier 100% on this matter.. Huggss & Best of Luck to you all..

Vette
03-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Oh my gosh. i am sorry to hear of this but glad Titans hopefully on the road to a speedy recovery an wish you the very best of luck with both Zeus an Titan.

Kirbys known to start fights often so i isolate him from other dogs. its a bit of a pain in my rump but oh well. i find this just works better for everyone an a whole lot stressful an worry some as well.

Husky_mom
03-15-2011, 12:13 AM
so sorry you had to witness this..

glad Titan is ok.. and nothing worse happened..

add em to the list of having fighter dogs.. my girls (also husky but could be any breed..) were fine n dandy until someday something made Ninja snap.. and she went for China full charge.. in this case the fight was broken within secs but the damage was great.. blood all over.. and China became very very scared and is still very easily spooked.. she had always been very submissive so I´m not sure what triggered Ninja to attack her.. but since then they have to be separated 24/7.. ALWAYS.. sometimes Ninja will even plunge at the fence at her.. and China is just sitting in the other side and at times she even is trying to lick Ninja and such.. but Ninja just gets so mad she has her nose all scratched and sometimes bloody from the fierce charging at the gate (chain link over gate).. they (her) cannot be trusted near China.. nor small animals.. and my guess is Zeus won´t/ shouldn´t be from now on..

Ninja is a great dog.. and I can make her stop her snarling/growling and whatever but alone unsupervised?.. oh no.. not at all..