PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Spain

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-01-2002, 04:22 PM
I know we have some Pet Talkers from Spain, and my Aunt is headed over there next week on vacation. I was just wondering what the weather is this time of year so she is sure to pack the right clothes. I believe they are flying into Madrid, but I don't have any idea where they are going after that.

Thanks!

Randi
11-01-2002, 04:29 PM
Hi! We're hoping to to go to Spain within the next few weeks also, but to Andalucia. I just checked the weather in Madrid, it 54 ° fahrenheit at the moment - 23.30, so it will definately be warmer in the daytime. I'm sure she'll enjoy it immensely! :D

Depending on where she's going, I may be able to give a few tips! :) Also, tell her to check out Fodor's travel site, there's a forum with questions and advise from one traveller to the other. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-01-2002, 04:34 PM
Thanks, Randi. :) Sounds like perfect weather for touristing. Not too cold, but not too hot either. And cool at night for sleeping since you guys over there don't believe in air conditioning. ;) :)

Our last night in Switzerland last year was a sweltering night in Zurich, and our hotel room opened onto a busy street so we didn't even want to leave the window open for whatever breeze we could catch. Needless to say I slept real good on the plane on the way back home. ;) :)

koxka
11-01-2002, 07:22 PM
That depents on where she is going to... We have all the ranges here.
Last week while we were in short sleeves two hours drive car to the mountains they were getting pretty cold.
If she goes to the east or south coast is really mild weather. The north coast is a really raining place and cool...very beautiful too.
In the center of the peninsula is the tipycal continental weather. But for sure is not as cold as Chicago.
Keep in mind is the fall season and you never know.

Anna

koxka
11-01-2002, 07:44 PM
Hi again, here's a link to the
Instituto Nacional de Meteorologia (http://www.inm.es/)

I hope it helps.

Anna