PDA

View Full Version : Little Lulu has left the building.

rg_girlca
03-04-2011, 09:54 PM
This is in regards to my latest rescue;
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=166236

Well Little Miss Lulu left tonight for her new forever home. I couldn't believe how fast this went and I had 5 people interested in her, after being on the shelters website for only 3 days.

She will have a little playmate who is also 9 months old, but a male. The woman fell in love with her the minute she saw her pictures, but fell in love with her more when she saw her tonight. Little Lulu was great with her. The woman promised to stay in contact with updates on her and I told her that I had to see pictures of her with her new playmate.

Ricky told the woman that if Little Lulu stayed for another couple of weeks, guaranteed, she would be staying and I said, "Ya got that right!" I'm sure going to miss her, but feel good that she will be well taken care of. Of course the tears started to flow after she left as they do after every rescue of mine leaves.

Tonight, through an e-mail, it came to my attention that there are two siblings of 4 months old that need to be placed by March 11th. A brother & sister and of course they are so darn adorable, but what kitten isn't. I'll wait a bit and see if anyone else will step up and take them on. I still have 1 foster here.

cassiesmom
03-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Best wishes in your new home, beautiful Lulu!

Taz_Zoee
03-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Aww, this is wonderful news!! :D I know it must be hard to let them go. This is why I've never fostered. Bruce and I both know we'd be foster failures within the first day. LOL
That's wonderful that Lulu will have a playmate the same age. I can't wait to hear updates. :)

gini
03-04-2011, 11:52 PM
God love you and the work that you do...........there is a special place in heaven for people like you..............

:love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-05-2011, 12:51 AM
I'm glad to hear that Lulu has now found her loving forever home and that she'll even have a playmate that's the same age.:) I too would fail as a foster mom so I know I wouldn't be able to do it. Good luck with placing your other foster.:)

catmandu
03-05-2011, 09:22 AM
I am not surprised Lorraine that Lulu got a Furr Ever Home so fast.
:love::love::love:
She is so beautiful if I was closer I would have adopted her myself!!
You have a Gold Star Lorraine in Pet Heaven for doing this kindness for Lulu:love::love::love:

Barbara
03-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Of course it wasn't hard to place such a pretty little princess- I hope she has the best home now.

kaycountrygal
03-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Oh My! Lulu is such a pretty girl... and she has beautiful blue eyes. I dont see how you can let your foster pets go; I know I could not be a foster caregiver because I would get attached the first day. You do a good thing; thank you... Kay in NC

rg_girlca
03-05-2011, 04:59 PM
For those who say they could never foster, why do think I have 6 cats of my own. I've failed foster 101 many times. Even though I get attached to them all, I know it's in their best interest to find a new forever loving home. The ones that really pull at my heartstrings are the ones that have stayed. They are the ones that I had to bottle feed, or nurse back to health. Some I have lost in the past and I have 3 here that use to be fosters. I've even made their bios and had them up on the websites, only to have them taken off the next day, because I couldn't sleep that night knowing that I couldn't part with them. I always make sure my rescues go to the best homes possible and I still keep in contact with most of their new owners.

I will be calling Lulu's new owner tonight, just to see how her first night was with her and sometime during the week, I will make a home visit.

It's hard doing rescuing and fostering, but it does have it's rewards also.

sasvermont
03-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I tried fostering once. She is sitting next to me right now. Lucy stole my heart within 5 minutes.

It is so sweet and kind of you and all the others who foster. You have to have a huge and logical heart to do so. You are so generous and kind. Really. Animals are lucky to come into your homes and hearts.
:love::love::love::love::love:

Again, good job on the re-homing and out and out kitty loving!:love::love::love::love::love:

kaycountrygal
03-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I tried fostering once. She is sitting next to me right now. Lucy stole my heart within 5 minutes.

It is so sweet and kind of you and all the others who foster. You have to have a huge and logical heart to do so. You are so generous and kind. Really. Animals are lucky to come into your homes and hearts.
:love::love::love::love::love:

Again, good job on the re-homing and out and out kitty loving!:love::love::love::love::love:

I laughed when I read your first line comment, thinking that would be me. I agree with the rest of the comments also... Kay in NC

jenluckenbach
03-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Well done!!

Lulu, it was a pleasure "meeting" you. Have a great new life.

kuhio98
03-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Great job, Lorraine!

If Lulu's new family keeps in touch, please tell them about Pet Talk.
I, for one, would love to watch this gorgeous girl grow up.

moosmom
03-07-2011, 05:45 AM
She's beautiful! I love happy endings!!