PDA

View Full Version : March 5 is Phred's birthday

Bibette & Lulu
03-04-2011, 08:57 PM
There's a party going on, I'm sure, on the other side of RB and Phred (my brother John) is enjoying a good time with all the furkids he's looking after. Lots of treats, toys and good times :D:D He never wanted anything for himself - just send something for the kids!! So everyone give your little furkids something special for Phred :):) I miss you, Big Brother...:love::love::love:

Freedom
03-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Lovely idea! In honor of Phred's birthday, I will give my crew a treat!

Happy Birthday, Phred!!!!

slick
03-04-2011, 09:20 PM
B & L: I never knew Phred was your brother. :( Yes, I looked at my calendar at home this morning when I was getting ready for w-u-r-k and there in bold print was a reminder of a "speshal" day for a "speshal" guy. I can just imagine the size of the cake and the size of the party. Those furkids must have planned for "dayz". Love you Phred. :love::love::love:

Karen
03-04-2011, 09:30 PM
I just had a little ice cream to help celebrate, I am sure my Ma made a very big cake for him, as long as someone was on hand to help decorate - or maybe up there, she can actually make a cake pretty on her own!

chocolatepuppy
03-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Happy Birthday Phred!!!:)

Catty1
03-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Happy Birthday, dearest Phred. :love::love:

cassiesmom
03-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Happy Birthday, Phred.
:love:

Taz_Zoee
03-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Happy Birthday Phred. I think about you often, even though I never got to meet you.
I will definitely give all four of my furbabies a nice treat tomorrow. And I'll tell them it's for Uncle Phreds burfday. :D

gini
03-04-2011, 11:40 PM
What a legacy you have left us dear Phred. You have no idea how much you are missed and how well loved you were down here on the ol dirt ball.

Happy Birthday special friend - the House of Orange will stop tomorrow and salute you with some favorite treats for each one.

krazyaboutkatz
03-05-2011, 01:00 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHRED!!! I'm sure you'll be celebrating with many new and old friends up in Heaven.:) You sure are missed.

wombat2u2004
03-05-2011, 04:54 AM
Happy Birthday Phred.
Throwing a can of beer up in the air in the morning....make sure you catch it. ;)

Randi
03-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Phred, you are missed more than you can imagine. I hope you're having a grand Birthday party with all your new furry friends on the RB - I'm sure John is celebrating with you, too. ;)

Happy Birthday, Phred! :love:

Pinot's Mom
03-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Happy Birthday Phred.
Throwing a can of beer up in the air in the morning....make sure you catch it. ;)

I like that sentiment!

Happy Birthday, Phred; you're missed, but I know you're making the RB a special place for all our PT furkids. :love:

Laura's Babies
03-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Phred, you may be gone but never forgotten around here. NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!! I know you are up there watching us, keeping a eye on us. We were your PT family and you were part of our PT family. So may you have a GREAT Birthday up there with all the fur angels I know you have already introduced yourself to and caught them up on their humans still here on earth. We will all be thinking of you here today on your day!!

Bengalz
03-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Happy Birthday Dear Phred :love: You are one special dude and no matter where you are, we're gonna celebrate! It's only right :love:

Daisy and Delilah
03-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Happy Happy Burfday Phred!!! - I sure miss you, my friend!!

I still can't believe Phred is gone. His passing has deeply affected all of us. Thanks so much for doing this memorial for him.
Daisy and Delilah will enjoy a delicious treat in Phred's honor!!

kuhio98
03-05-2011, 12:11 PM
In the "Fred style.........

Hi God ~

Boots, da Purrayer Kat here ...

Kan You get off your Silver Klowd an giv our Phred huggies from us??

We're all krossin Pawz & Klawz that Phred haz a great burfday and nose how much we miss him.

THANKS, God!

/s/ Boots, da Purrayer Kat ... anna Prayer Pups, too

*LabLoverKEB*
03-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Happy Birthday, Phred! We all love you so much and miss you everyday. :love::love::love::love:

Barbara
03-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Happy Birthday dear Phred. I can see all these kitties around you trying to sit on your lap while the doggies play and wag their tails.

wolf_Q
03-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Happy Birthday Phred! We sure miss you. :love:

mrspunkysmom
03-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Phred I didn't know you, but Happy Birthday!

Queen of Poop
03-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Happy Birthday Phred. Sure do miss your particular kind of posts. Just an FYI being that it's your bday and all, watch out for a large black/white dogger up there, she goes by the name of Sami. She had a tendency to "goose" you when you weren't looking! :eek:

4 Dog Mother
03-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Been thinking alot about you today, dear friend. I am glad your sister started this post as I have been gone most of the day. Went to Toledo to visit my sister and get Smokey some Glucosamine tablets. They aren't the same as you were using - can't find those at any pet store - need to get my butt in gear and order them off the internet.

I know all the RB Pet Talk Dogs, cats and bunnies are holding a big party for you. I can see Snoopy trying to get into the treat pouch of yours that hangs around your waist. Jack is just trying to get his ears rubbed although he will take any free handouts he can find. And Oreo, boy, does she remember you - the nice guy that gave the old grouchy one treats anyway. And of course, there is Bowser and Angus, and Sherman and Star and Rosie and Binx and well that list could go on for quite awhile couldn't it? I am sure Rob was there along with John (Randi's husband), and lots of other Pet Talkers and their loved ones.

And then there is all of us down here thinking of you and missing you like crazy. Carl's birthday was yesterday - he turned 60 - what an old man I married! The prayer pups are doing well. Smokey has not been feeling real well the last couple of days - I don't know whether he ate something or what but he has been having some diahrea - today I switched him to rice with some chicken noodle soup to spice it up a bit. I am not sure he is going to get better any time soon. The others thought I should at least put a spoonful on each of their food too so they may convince him to act sick a little longer than necessary - no use ending a good thing too soon!

You were a great fur daddy, Phred. Your kids miss you but you trained them so well that they keep letting us know that they are glad to be here. Neither let me get too far from their sight. Smokey may go nap our bed sometimes to get away from noise and hustle and bustle that sometimes goes on here but every once in awhile I see him coming out to see if I am still here and then go back to his napping. Took them to the vet recently and all the vets and techs have fallen in love with them. Cinder was having some eye trouble again but it looks like we found the right medicine to clear it up and her eye has stopped watering. Smokey had to have some teeth pulled but Cinder only needed her teeth cleaned. I was surprised to find that Smokey handled the "day visit" well but Cinder whined alot on her "day visit" - I guess she didn't like being there without her brother.

Not much else to share with you right now. Miss you lots.

shais_mom
03-05-2011, 11:31 PM
I think of you often. And know today at the Bridge you are having the healthiest and happiest of birthdays! Tell all the peeps and the pets I said hello! :)

captain
03-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Phred,
I saw it was your birthday, and remembered all the times I wished you on the WRONG day - confusing YOUR birthday with SmokeMut (or was it Cinders?)

You are in my thoughts often. Happy Happy Birthday ...

Catty1
03-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Every so often "Jon Phred" is shown on FaceBook, to tell me to suggest friends or add him as a friend.

It is sad...I don't know if his profile can be accessed, to at least secure it against hackers. :(

Grace
03-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Sorry I'm so late, Phred. Here's hoping you had a wonderful day with all of our RB critters. I'm sure Henry must have provided a few laughs :love:

Bibette & Lulu
03-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Every so often "Jon Phred" is shown on FaceBook, to tell me to suggest friends or add him as a friend.

It is sad...I don't know if his profile can be accessed, to at least secure it against hackers. :(

Thanks for the information - I'll see what I can do.

And I have really appreciated all the thoughts and comments. It helped lift my spirits over the weekend. Phred was blessed to have found such a wonderful community of special friends.

Mom1 (aka Nancy)

shais_mom
03-07-2011, 05:59 PM
And Facebook randomly unfriends people we were talking at our Girls day a couple weeks, I said if it ever did that to Phred and I it would break my heart.

lbaker
03-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Happy belated burfday dear, dear phrend. I think you DO know how much and how often you are missed down here on this ol' durt ball ;)

Lady's Human
03-08-2011, 02:00 PM
I just had a little ice cream to help celebrate, I am sure my Ma made a very big cake for him, as long as someone was on hand to help decorate - or maybe up there, she can actually make a cake pretty on her own!

There's miracles, but..........

That might be a little tough to pull off.

zippy-kat
03-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I couldn't post on the day of but I was certainly thinking of him.

I have a feeling he's been helping me out with my prayers... something that I've wanted for a long time was set into motion on Saturday in a very, very odd way. It will take a few months for this "thing" to materialize but I can't help and wonder if Phred lit a fire under someone's butt. (Phred? Fire? lol Rather ironic but we all knew he could be pretty proactive when he wanted to be. ;) )

Miss ya, Phred.

moosmom
03-08-2011, 08:45 PM
How about a Birthday bash at Thursdays????? I just KNOW he'll be there in spirit!!!