PDA

View Full Version : Kneading or baking...

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Some people call it kneading, others say it's baking....
Whatever we call this, it is so sweet and heartwarming :love::love::)

This morning I put this orange catbed in the washer, because one of the girls decorated" it with a large, sticky, yuckie hairball.
After it got all dried, I put it back in the livingroom.

Inka was so happy to see her favorite bed, and jumped right in it.
Ad then........... she started baking hundreds of cookies:);)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5WdetmtUrs

I so much love it when my cats do this!!! My first cat Sydney never did I wonder why some cats do and others don't... .
How about your cats???

smokey the elder
03-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Aww, I love it when cats knead! My cat Spike kneads in the air when he's on his back! My RB Ebony had this white piggy that he would knead on and purr so loud!

kaycountrygal
03-03-2011, 01:32 PM
No, My Luke cat never does it. I've had previous cats that did it though. Long ago I saw little kittens who were nursing and kneading on their mommy cat. That's what it reminds me of--kittens kneading and nursing... Kay in NC

cassiesmom
03-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Awww, Inka! I love to see kitties "knead" and as always, I love to see YOU! You are beautiful!

Cassie only rarely does it. My fur-nephew Milo does it only to the people he loves most. He doesn't love me because I pick him up and kiss and snorgle him every time I'm there.

Taz_Zoee
03-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Paizly loves to do this (I call it making biscuits:)) on my robe, usually when I'm in it. :p
Now that you've mentioned it, I'm not even sure if Jax does this very much. I'll have to pay attention.
I know my Taz did it a lot. He loved making biscuits on me! :D
I love it when kitties do this with their paws up in the air.......soo funny!!

Laura's Babies
03-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Giz is the one I have that does it the most. I have video of her doing it on one of those beds like that to Andrea Bocelli singing "Because"... She LOVES his voice and she stays right on the beat of that song with her paws..

catmandu
03-03-2011, 04:25 PM
I think that is waht that is, a return to kitten hood when Our Ctas used to knead their Mom for warmth and milk.
My Mr Scrappy used to do that , he would knead me and make little sucking motions on my neck:love::love::love:
Tubster Panther will be beside a small pillow, and he will make cokies on that.
He is One Big Black Baby:cool::cool::cool:

happylabs
03-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Oh so sweet. Love the video. All 3 of mine do this. Inka is so dear.

momcat
03-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Groucho does that all the time especially on me after I change clothes. It's a special time for us because he demands lovies while he's doing it :love:

Your bed looks very comfortable, Inka. We all know that after Meowmie gives it a nice bath you need to get it just right. Groucho saw this,jumped down, and is running all over the house gathering his things so he can catch the very next plane to Belgium.

Sending you lots and lots of scritchies and lovies :love: :love: :love: :love:

kuhio98
03-03-2011, 05:46 PM
We call it "tenderizing" at our house. :D

3Catcondo
03-03-2011, 06:38 PM
All 4 of mine do it and I call it making bread. I love to watch them doing it. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Yes, all of mine will do it from time to time. I call it making biscuits. Alani loves to make air biscuits while I'm holding him.:)

katladyd
03-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Both of mine make biscuits on me, but Mac does it the most! By the way, Mac has that identical bed, only in a powder blue! It's his favorite, too!:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-04-2011, 02:57 AM
Making biscuits in the air???:) ROTFL !!! That must be so funny :)

slick
03-04-2011, 10:31 AM
"Meowmie, it smells different but I'm so happy to have it back." :) What a sweet, sweet video.

Merlin is a big biscuit maker and yes, he will make them in the air too. It is really heartwarming to see and feel even though he prefers my "girls" as a breadboard. :eek::D

lvpets2002
03-04-2011, 11:59 AM
:love: How so Cute & Sweet.. I call it Kneading & or I call it Making Me Some Bisquits..

Oh some of my babies do it all the time.. My Baby Calitt does it at night on my neck..

rg_girlca
03-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh Inka, you look so adorable doing your "coochies" on your nice clean bed.

Poppy for some reason, after 6 years, decided to knead on me before he lays down. He never did this before, so why now, well, your guess is as good as mine.