PDA

View Full Version : A question for the Catmobile kitties

cassiesmom
02-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Now that Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia and Lavinia have arrived and have their sunglasses, Cassie would like to know if the Catmobile kitties would like to go to Mardi Gras, go somewhere for Saint Patrick's Day or perhaps travel to New Zealand and cheer up their fellow kitties affected by the earthquake there. Some bagpiping and dancing may help to lift their spirits. Or, if the kitties' purr-ents would prefer to keep them home for now, she wants to know if later in the year would be better.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMgSYnTbFQLLp_pjzyZd8CsMY9znIcj HBlmSsLqTVknD2flR8ai3IbXA
Her bag is ready to pack any time.

phesina
02-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Mardi Gras sounds like a good start!

momcat
03-01-2011, 07:47 AM
That's a wondeful idea, Cassie! We had a great time at Mardi Gras last time and I'd love to do it again. All that wonderful food! Maybe we can see Dr. John again too.

Here's an idea for all of us to think about.....maybe we can bring our St. Patrick's Day celebration to New Zealand for our fellow pets. We can ask our Meowmies to stock up on extra food and snacks to share with our kiwi friends. It might also be a good idea to arrange for them to get new cell phones.

Chels, Sophie, Pinot, is there any way to order sunglasses for them too?

I'll call the local Jaguar dealer this morning about getting the Catmobile. I can't wait!

Your friend,
Groucho

catmandu
03-01-2011, 09:41 AM
I know that the Found and Porch Ctas love Mardi Gras and will be there with bells on to enjoy all that great jazz and creole cooking.:love::love:
They certainly would get into the spirit of thinngs and Our Awesome Angels Army would show them all the best places to go.:love::love::love:

katladyd
03-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Ming wants to know if any of his fellow bagpipers want to perform during Mardi Gras? He has been practicing "When the Saints Come Marching In" for days now.:rolleyes:

lvpets2002
03-01-2011, 12:57 PM
:) Yes we all agree thats a good start.. We will all get packed here & get some catnip mousies together & other treats..

Mardi Gras sounds like a good start!

dehlers43
03-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Chelsea is soooo ready for St Pat's and Mardi Gras.......I haven't gotten the chance to take photos of her with those green spots.....:rolleyes:
Much to the dismay of some of our neighbors (who wouldn't know good music if it hit them in the face) Franklin has been diligently practicing "When the Saints" along with "When Irish Eyes are Smiling".....and I think I heard a bit of "Danny Boy" the other night.....:D

momcat
03-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Much to the dismay of some of our neighbors (who wouldn't know good music if it hit them in the face) Franklin has been diligently practicing "When the Saints" along with "When Irish Eyes are Smiling".....and I think I heard a bit of "Danny Boy" the other night.....:D

When I was in Edinburgh during the Tattoo the one thing I still remember is, at the end of the program, one lone bagpiper standing on the castle turret playing "Danny Boy" as the mist came in. Beautiful!!! I'm sure our Franklin will do it proud!

The other night Groucho was on his cell phone with a member of the Quartet. I did hear a great rendition of "Has Anybody Here Seen Kelly?" By the way, was that Sparkler singing "An Irish Lullaby" around lunch time?

phesina
03-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Ming wants to know if any of his fellow bagpipers want to perform during Mardi Gras? He has been practicing "When the Saints Come Marching In" for days now.:rolleyes:

Bob and Sydney and the Dancer are all in... OF COURSE! :D:D:D Bagpipes all tuned up.. dancing shoes polished...

astrid
03-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Chelsea is soooo ready for St Pat's and Mardi Gras.......I haven't gotten the chance to take photos of her with those green spots.....:rolleyes: ...

I know you do look super cool Chels dear...

I'm sooooo ready too!!! Good food, fun, music, dancing, friends... gee! I can't wait!

See you soon,
Sophie

cassiesmom
03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
That's a wondeful idea, Cassie! We had a great time at Mardi Gras last time and I'd love to do it again. All that wonderful food! Maybe we can see Dr. John again too.

Here's an idea for all of us to think about.....maybe we can bring our St. Patrick's Day celebration to New Zealand for our fellow pets. We can ask our Meowmies to stock up on extra food and snacks to share with our kiwi friends. It might also be a good idea to arrange for them to get new cell phones.

Chels, Sophie, Pinot, is there any way to order sunglasses for them too?

I'll call the local Jaguar dealer this morning about getting the Catmobile. I can't wait!

Your friend,
Groucho

Dear Groucho, I will send meowmie to pick up extra cheesecake and Chicago pizza. She picked up a jug of distilled water for her night-time machine (the one that makes funny humming sounds) so I will bring that as well. She will pick up another one because they are on sale right now.

Purrs,
Cassie

momoffuzzyfaces
03-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Angel and Winnie can go. It will be good for Winnie to have a bit of travel before going to the Royal Wedding. She was very good today. She caught a mousie. We let it go outside.

Angel and Winnie have their sunglasses and are packing. :love:

(Chip and Chuck are still grounded until they are at least one year old) :(

Pinot's Mom
03-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh, we have no time to plan, we need to get this in gear! Mardi Gras is March 8th - I can barely type I'm so excited! We'll have to rely on our friends from last year's celebration to help with this...Chels, your colors will be wonderful in the parade! Which krew will we be in this year....oh so much to do, can't talk, must make contacts, Catmobile parking arrangements...where will the bagpipes be playing...gotta go! Talk soon!

Purrs, Pinot

momcat
03-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Okay fellow kitties,
There's no time to spare! The Catmobile will be here on Saturday so we can hit the road on Sunday morning. Pinot, does that work for you? Be sure to let us know you'll be coming ASAP so the necessary arrangements can be made. For those of you coming in early, you can stay at my place until it's time to leave.

Right now Meowmie is on her cell phone ordering fried chicken, shrimp, clams, and bbq ribs (yummy!). And get this, for this trip Soncat will get enough bacon-cheezburgers for everyone!

Miss Phesina, does the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe have a website for placing orders? We definitely have to stock up on haggis chips.

Winnie, do you need sunglasses?

I have to help Meowmie with an agreement she's working on for her job. Ooo, must go because my lovely Inka is calling on my cell phone.

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
03-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Miss Phesina, does the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe have a website for placing orders? We definitely have to stock up on haggis chips.

Of course... HaggisInAHurry.com

momoffuzzyfaces
03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Winnie and Angel are all set to go. Both have very stylin' sunglasses!!! Angel took great delight in advising her mom what to pack. I only hope she wasn't pulling a joke on her on some things!!! :eek::love:

katladyd
03-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Ming bought green tartan tams for the other pipers and their special dancer!!!:D

momcat
03-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Groucho asked me to check in for him, he's on his cell phone right now helping Pinot work out some details.

The haggis chips and authentic Scottish shortbread have been ordered from the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe. Spencer, the manager, is sending a package out and it will be delivered in plenty of time. In an e-mail Spencer said he hopes the Catmobile will come by sometime because he has heard about the Bagpipe Quartet and can't wait to hear them.

Groucho also contacted Caramella about all of them joining in for Mardi Gras. She has to check with her fursibs and Meowmie about going but is pretty sure they can make it. She'll be in touch with Groucho or Pinot.

cassiesmom
03-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Cassie hopes that she can get a hat similar to Lady Edwina's. She will have my credit card :eek:.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/Olympics/NewZealand.jpg?t=1218244268

Edwina's Secretary
03-02-2011, 03:19 PM
For the Mardi Gras Cassie will need to borrow this!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/Venice.jpg

cassiesmom
03-02-2011, 04:08 PM

No, Lady Edwina, no! YOU must come with us and wear it! There is no one like you.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-02-2011, 06:03 PM

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/Venice.jpg

Winnie is swooning!!! She wants one just like it only in purples!!! :love:

momcat
03-02-2011, 06:19 PM
No, Lady Edwina, no! YOU must come with us and wear it! There is no one like you.

Hi Lady Edwina!
It's so nice to see you again!!! How's Eddie doing these days? Please say hi to him for me?

I definitely agree with our friend Cassie on this. You MUST come with us. All the lady kitties depend on your expert fashion advice plus there are a few young kitty girls who very much want to learn from you. Of course your transportation will be arranged.

I so hope to see you and Eddie for our trip!

Your friend,
Groucho

Laura's Babies
03-02-2011, 11:00 PM
For those of you who missed when I posted in Meowmies thread, I been Mardi Gras'ing already, the parades have been going on for some time now and I have caught some pretty good throws already... I can go with you and bring my stroller because we are going to need something to put all out throws we catch in and we can take turns pushing it.. Here are some I have caught already!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0347.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0346.jpg

And this one I caught at the Mardi Paws Parade.. got cats on it!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0345.jpg

I'm not packing a bag, only bringing my stroller. There will be plenty of sea food there already.. We can have shrimp gumbo, shrimp jambalaya, shrimp Creole, Shrimp Etouffee, shrimp or catfish Court-Bouillon, shrimp scampi, boiled shrimp or shrimp po boys.. It is time to PARRRRRRTIEEEEE!

I will be waiting at the curb with my pink stroller! Caramella

Edwina's Secretary
03-02-2011, 11:05 PM
...I so hope to see you and Eddie for our trip!

Your friend,
Groucho

Dear Groucho,

I fear Eddie will try and run off with my hats...want to see proof?

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/tameddie-1.jpg

Sigh....Edwina/es

p.s. Caramella...LOVE... LOVE... LOVE your beads!!!

Pinot's Mom
03-03-2011, 08:03 PM
...talked to Caramella, she's coming and bringing some friends from the neighborhood to celebrate with us! :) I pulled some strings, got some help from Mommy, we'll be with the Krewe of Bacchus this year! :D Mom and Dad are pretty excited about that! The Krewe of Bacchus had a spot at their top secret party for the Bagpipe quartet, so get tuned up kitties! I'll be there on Saturday for the prep of the Catmobile....see you all soon!:D

laissez les bons temps rouler!:D

Purrs, Pinot:love:

cassiesmom
03-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Dear Lady Edwina,

I will look for a hat for Eddie at the same time as I'm looking for one for myself. That way, Eddie will have one of his own, and won't try and run off with yours.

Loyally,
Cassie

Dear Pinot,

Is Caramella bringing her older sisters with her? I hope so! Giz is so beautiful I bet she will turn heads wherever we go. Samantha is also stunningly gorgeous. I will help Amy in case she has any difficulty getting about. Kitty Boo is a spunky orangey lady.

Wanting to include everyone who wishes to join us,
Cassie

phesina
03-03-2011, 08:47 PM
...talked to Caramella, she's coming and bringing some friends from the neighborhood to celebrate with us! :) I pulled some strings, got some help from Mommy, we'll be with the Krewe of Bacchus this year! :D Mom and Dad are pretty excited about that! The Krewe of Bacchus had a spot at their top secret party for the Bagpipe quartet, so get tuned up kitties! I'll be there on Saturday for the prep of the Catmobile....see you all soon!:D

laissez les bons temps rouler!:D

Purrs, Pinot:love:

Bagpipes for Bacchus! They're all ready to go, and so is the Authentic Scottish Dancer!

Pinot's Mom
03-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Dear Pinot,

Is Caramella bringing her older sisters with her? I hope so! Giz is so beautiful I bet she will turn heads wherever we go. Samantha is also stunningly gorgeous. I will help Amy in case she has any difficulty getting about. Kitty Boo is a spunky orangey lady.

Wanting to include everyone who wishes to join us,
Cassie

Caramella's sisters opted to stay home while the young'un went to party! They're going to enjoy some peace and quiet according their Mom.:)

momcat
03-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Hey fellow kitties,
Well, the Catmobile is here and ready to go early tomorrow morning. Soncat told me to take it easy and he'd take care of loading it up. He did a dynamite job making sure snacks and food are in easy reach as well as all toys and necessities. Our package from the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe arrived filled with haggis chips, shortbread, even a supply of Haggis Helper. Soncat is getting the bacon cheezburgers now and I heard him say something to Meowmie about donuts.

Get a good night's sleep and make sure your cell phones are turned on so we can call you when we reach your street. See you tomorrow!

Your friend,
Groucho

Pinot's Mom
03-05-2011, 08:47 PM
OK kitties, I was here for the loading up and Groucho made sure all was in order (of course). Pawpie sent crabcakes (like we'll need them in the The Big Easy);) - see you in the morning! :D

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER

Edwina's Secretary
03-05-2011, 09:48 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4734.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4728.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4733.jpg
Let's go!

Bibette & Lulu
03-06-2011, 03:09 AM
Lulu here - got room for two more partiers :):) Since Mom1 introduced me to her trumpet playing I'm ready to take on the bagpipes :D:D:D Bibette not much of a music kitty, but she loves a good time. She's bouncing off the furniture right now as Mom1 has been reading these posts to us. We know it's close to departure time - but we're packing up real quickly and we'll be outside next to the HUUUUUUGE snow pile ready to go!!

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULLEZ - MAIS OUI

Pinot's Mom
03-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Post from the Catberry mobile...
"Bienvenue Bibette et Lulu! Nous devrions etre a votre place a 11h. Etre pret!:)

ronrons,
Pinot:D"

When did she become a bilingual kitty?:confused:

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Woohoo!!! Don't forget to pick me up hey Groucho?!
My purrents will be on travel that day, so I am free to come :cool:;):):love::love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-06-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm sending extra umbrellas with Angel and Winnie. The weather channel says it will rain. Just in case the kitties need them. :love:

Winnie can't wait to meet new friends and have a long chat with Edwina about how to handle pesky brothers. Angel has been on her phone to all her friends all morning. They are all ready to go and watching for the catmobile.

Randi
03-06-2011, 10:45 AM
I had no idea, but Fister had packed his rucksack while I went for a walk. I met him just as he was leaving. He obviously is bored and want to go and have some fun!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=405&pictureid=3855

The next thing I hear is that a friend in Kastrup airport saw him trying to book a seat on a flight. He can be very persuasive!

She got this picture of him:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=405&pictureid=3856

He didn’t leave a note or said what his plan is, so I’m a bit worried. I do hope some of the other kitties are there to pick him up and that he’ll contact me to let me know what’s going on! :eek:

A worried mom.

momcat
03-06-2011, 04:03 PM
It's awfully quiet here now. The Catmobile kitties left right on schedule this morning after a breakfast of green eggs and ham (in honor of St. Patrick's Day). They were planning a quick stop at Quakerbridge Mall for some extra umbrellas and tartan raincoats for the PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet and Scottish dancer.

Randi, nothing to worry about. Fister arrived here in Trenton late last night and stayed here until they left.

Lut, Groucho met up with his lovely Inka and she also spent the night with us.

It has been raining here all day and I hope our travellers will soon get into some clear weather. Please let us know when you hear from your kitty?

katladyd
03-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Just got a text from Ming, "Made it to de Katmobeel. I am hapy we brot our green umbrelas and galoshes. Thx for the watupruf case for mai 'pipes. See yu soon!:D"

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-07-2011, 06:23 AM
I had no idea, but Fister had packed his rucksack while I went for a walk. I met him just as he was leaving. He obviously is bored and want to go and have some fun!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=405&pictureid=3855

Wow Fister, what a trendy rucksack!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-07-2011, 12:36 PM
I got a text from Winnie saying: "Having a great time!!! Glad you are not here!!!" :love:

Now what sort of thing is that to text to their mommy? :eek:

Pinot's Mom
03-07-2011, 04:33 PM
I got a text from Winnie saying: "Having a great time!!! Glad you are not here!!!" :love:

Now what sort of thing is that to text to their mommy? :eek:

Hey, at least yours is in English! My kitty is going off in French!:rolleyes:

Bibette & Lulu
03-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Post from the Catberry mobile...
"Bienvenue Bibette et Lulu! Nous devrions etre a votre place a 11h. Etre pret!:)

ronrons,
Pinot:D"

When did she become a bilingual kitty?:confused:

Merci.

Mom1 here - well they got off. And the bilingual - beats me. We are in an area with much French-Canadian heritage - and where we really don't know Lulu's background.....; and maybe they've been practicing for the trip to New Orleans longer than we thought!!! Rain here has been misearable with flooding in a lot of areas. I hope they have better weather. Now - will Bibette behave herself.....always a BIGGGG question.

More when I have news.

Pinot's Mom
03-08-2011, 08:13 AM
From the Catberry Mobile...

"What a party! The Krewe of Bacchus paraded on Sunday with us as special guests; did you see us? Mom, it was great! So much-got some great beads, I'll send a picture later. The secret party that night was unforgettable; the bagpipes were a hit! Yesterday we hit the streets, got some more beads, saw some more parade friends from last year. The horsies in the Big Easy are taking good care of us again so we don't get trampled. Today's the BIG day! Happy Mardi Gras!

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!:D:D

Thanks for letting me come, Mom!
:cool:
Pinot"

katladyd
03-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Just got a text: "Meowmie, I hope yu like beeds!" Say what?:confused:

momcat
03-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Got a message from Groucho early this morning. The weather is holding out fairly well but they're having so much fun it doesn't really matter. He said the interior of the Catmobile is filled with beads and all the kitties know which beads belong to who. Edwina, Chels, Sophie, Cassie, Winnie, Angel, Pinot, Caramella, and Sparkler took off to go shopping after breakfast and promised they would stay together so nobody will get lost in the crowds.

The PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet has been a major hit. Groucho said their performance of "When the Saints Go Marching In" got them a standing ovation and a few job offers.

Just want to let all of you know all of our kitties are doing great and are on their best behavior. The crew is still trying to find Dr. John though.

astrid
03-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Had a great day yesterday. Today us girls went shopping, I'm so thrilled to be with the girls again, especially with my BFFF Chels and Caramella, she's such a sweet girl.. and now loves to shop too!

We'll meet everyone else later, they told us they have a surprise for the evening... I'm so excited!

Bye for now,
Sophie
--via CatBerry Mobile--

cassiesmom
03-09-2011, 09:41 PM
text from Cassie:

Hi Meowm
Guess what Caramella gotz, beads from Mardi Paws! Cool huh!! She showed them to us!

We went shopping of course.
I gotz a new raincoat
And you doezn't, ha haa!

We are all fine! I haz so many new friends! I am so excited to be with all teh beautiful kitty ladies and handsome kitty gentlemen!

Lubz n Purrz...
Cassie

katladyd
03-10-2011, 12:16 AM
The only text I got said, "Mardi Gras rocks!!!":rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-10-2011, 12:36 PM
I got a brief text from Miss Angel. She said, Mommy we need bigger closets!!! :eek:

Bibette & Lulu
03-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Don't know where the traveling Catmobile is right now - but earlier in the week Lulu checked in - "Having great time and making lots of new furfriends. Lost Bibette when the Quartet started praciticing for their Mardi Gras debut - she feaked:eek::eek:!!! Turns out she met up with a Cajun Maine Coon Cat who showed her around town - shrimp gumbo, parties, best floats in the parade....quite the time. We're ready to come home - have a lot of sleeping to catch up on :rolleyes::rolleyes:!!"

Pinot's Mom
03-12-2011, 08:31 AM
According to Pinot's last message, all kitties should be home this evening. They have eaten wonderful seafood, gone to lots of parades and parties, done marathon shopping and had a great time!

Please post updates and photos as your kitties stumble in!;)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Winnie and Angel and all their shopping bags got home about an hour ago. When I tried to take a picture and ask how the trip was all I got was, 'please we don't have time to be interviewed'. Then they ate a snack and crawled in bed. sheesh!!!!! :eek:

momcat
03-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Groucho and Inka arrived here literally sleepwalking. Everyone had a great time between all the food, the parties, the music, the parades and the wonderful new friends they met. Many cell phone numbers were exchanged, I'm so relieved that Groucho pays his own cell phone bill! All the kitties learned some new Cajun dances and our bagpipers will be practicing some new songs.

Inka did let something slip out about the trip. When all the girl kitties went shopping, they decided that they wanted to get wigs. Someone, I don't know who, said how cool they all would look walking along with their sunglasses and wigs talking on their cell phones. When I tried to get more details Inka giggled then went with Groucho to get a snack. Fellow purrents, I felt obligated to let you in on this one. I hope you'll let us know if a wig shows up in your kitty's luggage.

Edwina's Secretary
03-13-2011, 01:24 AM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4054.jpg
:eek::eek::eek:

Pinot's Mom
03-13-2011, 07:53 AM
I love it!!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-13-2011, 01:03 PM

Miss Edwina you look stunning as a red head!!! :love:

astrid
03-14-2011, 11:10 AM

Miss Edwina you look so cool! :eek: You're always setting the trends!

katladyd
03-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Miss Edwina is sporting the "Pippy Longstocking" look. It is tres chic on you Edwina, it truly is.:)

Edwina's Secretary
03-14-2011, 10:20 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/bonnetonit.jpg

cassiesmom
03-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Best (well, in my humble opinion as a Fan of Lady Edwina)...

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4857.jpg?t=1240681901

Beautiful Lady Edwina!

Edited to add: I found the raincoat in a heap on the floor in the front hall. I found Cassie asleep under the love seat, which was her first hidey spot when I brought her home and still one of her favorite places.

astrid
03-15-2011, 01:37 PM
oh Miss Edwina, you look lovely as a blonde too :love: